At 3-6, what do you want to see the ROS?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 5, 2018.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

appreciate your opinion, but i want toilet and mcnuts fired AFTER the season. we are out of it this year. seriously, our best chance of 3-13/getting a high draft pick next year is keeping that zombie bowles and his stupid decisions and lack of accountability at the helm the rest of the way!! jets have worst coach and gm in the nfl and it is not even close

JetBlue likes this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

exactly. RIP ardarius stewart, devin smith, chad hansen, lo mauldin, chris hackenberg, etc.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I realize what 3-6 means, but until there is no chance...play to win

But overall yes I want to see more of McGuire. Burnett I don't know about his future. Doesn't seem overly quick and that doesn't help when you're 6'0 170, unless you have incredible hands and run perfect routs (and I'm not sure he's that kind of guy)

Herndon I think will be a good NFL tight end. Not great, but good

I know none of us are happy with 3-6 but if we go 4-6 and have a somewhat meaningful home game with the Patriots coming up people will get into it a bit more

FJF likes this.
  4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I want to see the damn games on TV in NY......wtf is this Pats-Titans crap.

Is this game not a sellout ?

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Fire Bowles. Fire Bates. Fire Rodgers.

Promote Dennison to HC. McCown retires and takes over as OC. Promote one of the defensive assitants (maybe Mike Caldwell) to DC.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Considering the outcomes of both games, Jets fans were much happier watching Pats-Titans.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bates, Rodgers and Bowles all deserve to be fired now, but I can't see the Johnsons doing that. We'll be lucky if Bowles gets fired. There is plenty of evidence and rationality behind firing all three, but not with the assistant coaches that we have. Things could get worse and become total chaos. Still, a move like that (firing all three) and then making Dennison HC or OC, Greene and Caldwell HC and DC would make the Jets even more of a laughingstock.

None of the Jets' coordinators or assistants are qualified to be a HC, and none of the assistants may be qualified to be a coordinator other than Dennison.

Like it or not, we may just have to ride out the rest of this season with what we have.

8. jets_fan

I can live with riding out the season with Bates and Rodgers, but Bowles has to go.

One potential positive to letting go of all three at once. Maybe the team would actual bind together and come out swinging in the final few games and prove that maybe there's something here worth building on.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

The number one problem today was the lack of effort. If the players wanted Bowles to stay, they would have played harder. It's clear Bowles needs to go, even if that means someone like Dennison at interim HC.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It (letting go of all three now) could also lead to a cluster fuck of epic proportions, the like from which we'd never recover. It could make today look triumphant. Do you really want the Johnsons making that determination?
    Bowles definitely needs to go, I just don't expect much improvement, perhaps save in effort on the part of the D, with Rodgers and Bates still here. Don't forget that Rodgers could be as big a part of the problem with the D not trying as Bowles, since he is the one calling the D.

11. jets_fan

I don't expect any improvement with Bowles gone either. It'll probably get worse to a certain degree, since he's surrounded himself with abysmal assistant coaches who would have no business holding a HC job. But, he's allowed this culture to set in now where there's no accountability and stupid penalties and actions are tolerated, so that has to be removed from the organization NOW. Fire him and Mac and we'll have to start this rebuild process almost over again with the next HC and GM. At least we potentially have a QB in place this time.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

funny how the bills picked up a similar guy to burnett who was cut by denver.
    he has speed , however, and killed the jets in today's game.
    combined with 49ers qb nunnes, you have to question the front office scouting department. competance seems to be sorely lacking.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i was thinking the same thing. let all 3 go.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

I don't care about the defense. I want Bowles gone to (1) make sure he's gone and we get a head start on finding a new coach and (2) put Dennison in charge of the offense instead of Bates. Dennison isn't good, but at least he wasn't terrible with Denver and Buffalo.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

The stadium to burn down with woody in the press box

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

...But I digress again, and repeat myself for good measure.

The Coaching staff fired, but only because I believe having them drawn and quartered is against the law.

NCJetsfan and JetBlue like this.