At 3-6, what do you want to see the ROS?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 5, 2018.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'd like to see the following:
    1. A BLOWOUT of the bills leading into the bye week.
    2. An emotional, hard fought home win over the Pats*. Faith and belief is restored. Jamal Adams breaks into tears in the post game press conference after his game sealing pick 6.
    3. A battle in Tennesee resulting in an OT win on a 58 yarder by Myers as time expires, preventing a tie.
    4. A second blowout of the Bills as I attend the game in Buffalo. Our first winning record since week 1. Darnold throws 4 TDs and completes 80% of his passes in his best game as a pro.
    5. A win over the Texans and Packers, doesn't have to be pretty.
    6. Clinch the AFC east title by sweeping the Pats* as both teams finish 10-6. The Pats* fall apart after the loss to the Jets a few weeks earlier.

That's all I need. If it doesn't work out this way though, I'd fire Bowles and grab an offensive minded HC.

Watkin, JetDan, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see Darnold have the kind of game where everything just clicks. He goes into Neo mode and everything around him is in slow moition. It’s wishful thinking with this roster, but it would provide confidence for those who doubt him, and we could put the Sanchez crap to rest.

I also want to see the defense remain consistent. With the way they’ve played this season, we’d have been competitive with even an average offensive output. Playoff contenders in fact. The O is just so putrid that the D is overshadowed.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I want to see more leggett and Herndon sets. Play action roll sam out and get these guys the ball.
    More mcquire less Crowell.
    Stop the end arounds to Anderson. They don’t work,ever.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Oh please for the love of all that is holy we need to stop running routes with Eric f****ng Tomlinson. Everytime this clown is on the field I want to throw my remote at my TV. The best is when they send him in a small motion and line him up as a wingback, guaranteed run to whatever side of the field he's on.

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think someone laced your halloween candy with LSD

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

The question was "what do you WANT to see the rest of the season?" I stand by my post.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i want to see darnold progress especially with herndon at TE. i'd like to see maguire get a 50/50 split with crowell. i can't see a reason to keep crowell honestly. i'd love to get bell and run him with maguire and cannon. I want to see us be more agressive. we have "nothing to lose" go for it on more 4th downs. run more hurry-up and no huddle take more deep shots

Watkin and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I would like to see Darnold sit the rest of the year and watch Mccown and we lose out and get a top 3 pick and provide Sam next year with a NFL caliber line and a weapon or two via draft or FA. The team constructed the way it is currently is detrimental to his development.

9. GasedAndConfused

we probably would have won with mccown last sunday TBH and sitting darnold is not a good idea

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just LOSE baby...

Make the those M F^c^er owners not just have egg on their face but egg foo yung

Johnsons: Address the Elephant in the Room and have the stomach to fire your dream team that turned out to be hot garbage

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, if you're going to wish, wish BIG!

RobA likes this.
  12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You maybe right on Mccown but we’ve all seen this script before on ruining a QB and I’m terrified he’ll be damaged beyond fixing at this current rate.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Everything the original poster said and like you said. 3-13 a top 5 pick and we make a trade like the Colts. Drop back a few spots and get a second round pick and some others because this team needs good reinforcements. With the exception of adding a pass rusher every draft pick and big name free agent needs to be offensive. Get two or three starting olinemen, and get skill position players. WR and RB. Need fun exciting talent at those two positions. Can only help Darnold. Also a young offensive minded coach or a proven winner who could come in demand respect and bring this team to a year in year out challenger for the Super Bowl.

NCJetsfan, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

if he can't handle this then he doens't have the resolve to be an NFL QB. we can't baby sam. he's a grown adult playing in the NFL he needs to sink or swim

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I'm going to be very bluntly honest and say what many of us would actually be in our heart of hearts ok with happening.

What I want to see is a career ending injury to some of the following in order to even the playing field

Tom Brady
    Ben Roethisberger
    Patrick Mahomes( like him but he greatly hurts our chances in the future )
    Deshaun Watson
    Baker Mayfield

The whole New England patriots team

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Let Bowles coach the rest of season. THAT is our best chance of getting a high draft pick (you know, Spencer Long snaps, more passes to Eric Tomlinson, declining 10 yard penalties, no clock management, etc.) . On black Monday fire both GM McIdiot and Coach McToilet. Then hire a GM that knows something about personnel, not a nitwit like MacCagnan who drafts four defensive backs and three receivers in one draft (2017)---good grief, the game in NOT played exclusively outside the numbers. Then let the new GM hire an offensive-minded coach. Todd Bowles will then sign a network deal as an in-game analyst and constantly mumble something about the losing team later watching more tape after the game.

94Abraham likes this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

come on now, let's try and be at least a little bit realistic

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I count winning the coin flip as a win

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

No more shotgun snaps from Spencer Long

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member