Assuming that Sanchez sticks around...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Rankings are probably a better gauge than straight numbers since year to year the league is different. Rankings show Eli and Rapey (though it was his worst year and he was coming off a motorcycle accident) as decent comps, and Brady as a poor one. Brady was top 10 in most categories in 2003.
    In 2006 Eli and Ben were 18th and 21st in rating, Mark is 22nd this year.
    They were 19th and 21st in comp%, Mark is 27th
    They were 4th and 13th in TDs, Mark is 8th
    They were 1st and 4th in INT, Mark is 8th
    They were 26th and 29th in Fumbles, Mark is 3rd

So on the whole a decent comparison, Mark's lack of ball security in the pocket, and Comp% are lower, but on the whole he is pretty similar.
    Of course, Ben in his 2nd year had been a top 5-10 QB, and was again the following year, so it likely had more to do with injury than a similar progression.

Eli is a better comparison, but a worrying one as he really didn't establish himself as a top 10-13 QB until his 6th season then fell off in his 7th and had his best year this year in his 8th season. 2 top 3rd of the league seasons in 8 years isn't exactly what you want from a franchise QB.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

lol, seriously? Teams are going to pay in the 3.5 million range for a WR that has legal problems and knee problems based on a season he had two years ago where he had 900 yards receiving? Even the niners didn't really pay that for Braylon before the knee injury and this shitty season.

So yes, the Jets could probably get Braylon cheap, no I wasn't saying it just because I'm a 'fan'. I'm saying it because it's reality. The niners didn't even bother keeping Braylon for the playoffs.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=69788

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I don't think it is fair to call McElroy below average, as he hasn't taken a snap yet. The rest, applause.

4. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yup, good post, especially your last sentence. That is the exact reason I don't/will never think of Eli has an elite QB. He just doesn't do it enough. He's had a great year, but having 2 above average years (not even elite years) in 8 seasons doesn't make someone elite, in my mind at least.

With that said, if Sanchez turned into the 'good' Eli, I would actually be quite happy. That would mean above average QB play, coupled with hopefully a strong defense (something I will always assume under Rex).

5. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

OUCH!

Rich Gannon, who worked with Sanchez this past offense was asked who is to blame. Sanchez or Shotty. He said 80% Sanchez 20% Shotty. And how he has seen Matt Cavanaugh (QB coach) go off on Sanchez before. He also said Brunell called Cavanaugh the best QB coach he has ever been around.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

For whatever reason, Gannon really dislikes Sanchez. It's apparent whenever he calls our games.

7. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Maybe he just honestly thinks Sanchez isn't that good.

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

That's likely it seeing that they worked together in the offseason. He said in the same "interview" that he likes Sanchez. Just expected more this season. Like we all did.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey man. If Kate Upton was blowing me on Tuesday nights, I'd probably throw 10 interceptions each week.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

during both games he covered on CBS, he stated his displeasure for Mark Sanchez so this isnt surprising.

But really, how much weight does Gannon have? He worked with Sanchez for only 2 days as reported studying film and off he went about his business. And last thing we need is another person somewhat making Schotty to not be the biggest problem on this Jets offense.

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

First mention I saw of the real reason for Sanchez's poor play or late. :eek:hmy:

He's clearly losing all his "precious bodily fluids" on a regular basis instead of concentrating on football. Not that I blame him. Although it would certainly point to Sanches being motivated to stay in NY.