Asomugha wants to be a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

Braylon Edwards and Kellen Clemens for Asomugha

It won't happen but OMG if we drafted a pass rusher that would be completely sick

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Just do it in your Madden franchises guys....there's 0 chance of this happening for another couple of years.

Aso will be a Jet AFTER his ridiculous contract is up.

For now, I'll settle for Brandon Ghee or something.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I guess it depends on what rex said. Again I still think the definition has room for random banter.

Say Rex said, oh hell yea! That would be the best, ok let me call up Tanny and see if we can't make it happen...

He still doesnt say oh we have a better deal in place for you that Oak... blah blah blah...

I would think unless Rex got into contractual discussions right then and there, I would think he is in the clear because he is just remarking on how amazing a defense he could have that way. I mean even if Rex said, oh hell yeah Aso, I want you on me team tomorrow, I will do just about anything to put you two together on my squad!

It still doesnt give Aso any leverage over the raiders, unlike with the Vikings situation where they were basically telling Favre hey man they don't appreciate you, they don't want you anymore, they are going to kick you to the curb for that Rodgers kid... Come here! we will appreciate you and you will be our starter until you decide to hang them up.

Also if memory serves, the Vikings were not charged with tampering in that case...

Also with the players talking, its the same situation as with TO when he got traded to baltimore and threw a bitch fit, and forced his trade to Philly. All because when he was at the probowl the Eagles players convinced him if he went to Philly they would go all the way... If memory serves, Reid had coaches at that pro bowl as well. Oh and they werent charged with tampering in that case either...

but in the end, even if they chatted, it all depends on what Rex exactly said

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Although I'm sure they were just joking around, I'd absolutely do whatever possible to make this happen. If that is giving up our 1st this year, 1st next year, and Lowery I'd do it. Our secondary would be dominant for years.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're making a lot of assumptions here. You have no idea who was saying what to Brett Favre, and you have no idea what words were spoken between Rex and Nnamdi.

I don't think there is a huge chance of there being draft picks surrendered from the Jets to Oakland, but I think there may very well be tampering charges FILED against the Jets, just as there were against the Vikings.

Each case requires an investigation, however. We'll see how it turns out.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Kerry Rhodes and 1st round Pick lets go.

7. SanchezToEdwards

Considering how Al Davis operates like it's still the 60's-80's I think your right lol

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I was just kidding but u never know wit crazy al

9. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Actually I was thinking maybe Braylon Edwards and Kerry Rhodes may fly, Al Davis has a knack for getting overrated players

10. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

We'd have Revis and Asomugha manning the corner spots..good luck to opposing qb's trying to pass to their top 2 wide receivers..

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Jets aren't gonna trade Revis...esp not to the Giants

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

God that would be awesome.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Great choice of words.

Revis and Asomugha = Headache for Manning

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

IDK, do Giants have multiple first round picks to get Revis and Aso?

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well we have to make assumptions at some point dont we? And you guys are also assuming that Aso went to Rex and Rex said fuck yeah lets do it.

For all we know he could have said "We can't talk about this because you are under contract, just know that if we are interested (wink * wink* nudge* nudge) we will do what we can to get you on our squad."

Or it could have just as easily been, "Oh fuck yeah! time to call up Tanny and get it done. oh just so i know, it will make it easier to swing it with the boss man, but would you be willing to restructure to a longer term deal to get you in here? Either way who gives a fuck, we would have the best CB tandem in NFL history, try beating us now Manning!

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Revis and Asomugha = Manning throwing all day to the guy Coleman is covering. Damn!

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Thread title a bit of a reach. They want to play "together" doesn't necessarily mean he wants to be a Jet.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That would be tampering.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Or maybe him or them talking to Rex means he wants to play for the Jets? Unless they are asking for Revis to be released and then go talk to Al Davis to release Aso so they both can sign with one team. They certainly can't be that dumb can they? Thread title is to the point IMO.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

not a reach at all. clearly one of the most immediate ways for them to play together is for him to be a Jet, so it is clearly a desirable option for him. have a hard time believing they would talk to Ryan or even make that up if playing for the Jets wasn't what he had in mind. not to mention the fact that this direct quote pretty much validates it:
    not sure how you missed that, unless you are simply interpreting it as him trying to convince Ryan to let Revis go so he can sign with Oakland or trade him to Oakland. of course, nobody could reasonably expect that to occur, so it isn't a very reasonable conclusion to come to.

so, essentially, the only option that supports your claim is an unreasonable option. not sure why you would want to hang your hat on that one.