Asante Samuel - The Jet?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by EcKo151, Dec 3, 2006.

1. iLoveJets

iLoveJets New Member

I 100% agree with you

2. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I've liked Barrett but think his first year was his best year and that we could easily use an upgrade at this position. Samuels would be a great pickup like you said.

After that we just need to work on our run D, upgrade the right-side of our OL (get Kendall's replacement too), and tweak the rest of the roster and we have the makings of a very good team. I never thought we were that far off in the first place, but with a new coaching staff and new schemes one never knows how long the learning curve will be.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Ok now sign me up ASAP. No Nate Clements, I want Asante Samuel. Clearly the Jets are getting killed at the Right Corner all year...

4 different starters opposite the solid Dre' Dyson! Miller, Barrett, Coleman, Poteat...And we all saw Barrett get destroyed today biting on the double move, same with Rhodes, but Barrett was smoked.

Samuel at Left Corner. Dyson at Right Corner. Lets go.

4. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

He is going to be severely overpaid. He is one of the, if not the top CB on the FA market. He is good, not great.

Not crapping on the guy, but he is not in the elite CB class, but he'll get money close to that since there isn't a lot out there.

I absolutely do not want to give him that share of our cap. Do you? You all are talking like you are going to get him, do you guys have a lot of cap $ and % to throw at him this FA? Just curious.

This has easily been his best year, but he has grown each season. Good player, and no nonsense off the field either. I'd love to keep him for reasonable money, but knowing some teams and their needs, he'll get more than he should. I wish him the best.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yes we do have alot of cap to play with next season , one of the mathematicians will tell you how much :rolleyes:

As for Samual , I did want him , but not now.Yes he is a good CB and yes you are right hes not great. the idea of switching Dyson to RCB is not a good one , Dyson is a much better LCB than a RCB.
    With Manginis' penchant for talent spotting, I fancy taking my chnaces in the FA market or draft.
    SOMEONE will pay Samual big $$$ but not us.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't want Samuel. He will be overpaid for sure, and he is nothing special.

7. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Please, you see what happens when with what we have currently, WE need help desperately at the corner spot opposite dyson. The guy is young and only going to get better. The system should be similar so it should be an easy transition for him. I really hope we make a strong push for this guy. Its rare you get a guy like him in FA and If not him then who?

8. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

He is an upgrade over Barrett. I'd do it at a reasonable contract.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

How can you not overpay for a guy who would help your team? Have you all been missing the Right Side? 4 different starters this year! 4!

I'd much rather overpay for Samuel than Nate Clements without a doubt...I usually don't like to overpay, but when you see how bad a void is opposite Dyson, and you will agree that getting Samuel, despite overpaying, will be better off for the Jets.