As a Jets Fan , will this superbowl make you squirm?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I had a great time with my stepfather and little brothers rooting for the Giants to beat the Pack. Now I get to root for them to beat one of the Jets greatest rivals...it's gonna be fun unless they get blown out.

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Isnt there already a 5000th post thread in the nfl section about this?

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I grew up around alot of Giants fans, what started out as jealousy of the positive attention they received while my beloved Jets were treated as second class citizens grew into full blown hate for the team over the years.

This years team isn't as unlikeable as the Giants teams of the past ten years but they still have enough players that I dont care to see win a ring, especially Strahan that loud mouth annoying prick.

The way I look at it is I can't win either way but if the Giants win I will not be able to read the local sports pages or listen to the local sports radio without wanting to jump off a bridge. At least if the Pats win it accomplishes two things, one it shuts Don Shula and the rest of those classless Dolphins up and two it bring the Pats dynasty one step closer to collapsing. At 19-0 there is no place to go but down..

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Squirm? I don't squirm unless I have to take a shit and I'm somewhere that's not an option.

This superbowl raises my blood pressure, turns my face red and just plain pisses me off. We had to sit though another shitty season only to see our division foes from the East dominate the league once again and the team we share a stadium with face them in the superbowl. Now we have to listen to all the douche bag Giants fans talk shit, as if hearing the Boston fags talk shit wasn't already enough.

5. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I've really never had a problem with the Giants. In fact, I generally root for them unless them losing helps the Jets or if they're actually facing the Jets. I'll definitely be on the Big Blue bandwagon come sunday.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, so your dislike for being confronted by a local, crowing Giants fan outweighs your dislike for our AFC East-rival Patriots (and not having to be confronted by one of their fans)? Geography enters into the equation because there are many less Pats fans around here?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, I'm just trying to understand the thought process.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It is irrelevant who wins the Sb if it is not the NY Jets. The Jets are the team we have picked and if it's the losing team every year then so be it. I will root for the Giants but I will never ever waver my support for my NY JETS!!!

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yeah, you got it. It's like..do you like being punched in the head or kicked in the head?. Same thing, pretty much, so I may as well go with the evil that effects me less in everyday life.........which would be the Pats winning.

When I put on a Jets shirt or hat and there is some guy with a Giants shirt or hat, it would be nice to know they DIDN'T win the Super Bowl and I don't have to be looked down on by them. Generally, you don't see alot of people in Pats stuff out by me

9. sect105

sect105 New Member

I will state Again that I am rooting mildly for the Pats over the Giants.

Section 227,
    Please elaborate by telling me why and how I can not be a Jets Fan. If I remember correctly, I think my background is quite similar to yours regarding the Jets

I do not understand what anyone means by a NY Sports fan. My Teams are the Jets, Mets, and Islanders and Knicks. I do not default to any nearby team just because they are geographically close.

I would never root for the Yankees or Rangers just beacaue they have an NY in front of their names.

10. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I would probably root for the devil himself before the Pats.

11. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I can't pull for either. Maybe I hate the Patriots a smidgen more, but I hate the Giants so much as well that I can't possibly entertain thoughts of rooting for them against anybody.

It's like choosing Osama over Hitler.

You can't make a choice!

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Remember the Iran-Iraq war? Same deal.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Well, its a Superbowl so regardless of who is playing, it is against my religion to not watch it. With that said, its the G-Men all the way. I would rather stick a needle through my ballsack then root for the Patriots. Lets hope Eli doesnt self destruct...hes pretty much due, but i'm hoping he makes me eat my words.

14. KSJets

KSJets New Member

But he's the one coaching the Pats :breakdance:

15. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Any time a division rival is in the SB, I squirm. I've never been a Giants hater, so I'll be rooting hard for them.

16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'll be rooting for the Giants - anyone but those cheating b******s from New England!!!!!!

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, perhaps I shouldn't have said that and I apologize.

I can see now that there actually are Jets fans who will root for the Patriots over the Giants and, while I know you're entitled to root any way you want to, I just don't understand it, that's all.

I don't let Giants fans bother me. My perception of them hasn't changed in 30 years. They're still the same, pompous, whining, egocentric, namby-pamby, prima-donna, panty-waists they've always been. The fact that two weeks ago their head coach was rumored to be on the brink of a firing, their QB was considered to be a disastrous investment, the locker room stunk to high hell of prima donnas shooting their mouths off, they have no control over penalty-causing, egocentric assholes, their wild-card playoff chances were considered next to nil and they seem to have lucked their way into the Superbowl only strengthens my opinion of them.

So no, just because they're now going to the Superbowl, this doesn't give their "fans" (the same ones who wanted Coughlin and Eli's head two weeks ago) license to bust my balls. Most of them don't know jack-squat about football... they only name-drop at cocktail parties while sipping their martinis and wiping their mouths with their little red and blue cocktail napkins.

I certainly wouldn't let assholes like that get in the way of wanting to see the Patriots trounced and break their streak this year. I think that's probably it more than anything... the winning streak. It probably ain't gonna happen, but I don't want those NE jerkoffs having that bragging right for all of eternity.

18. sect105

sect105 New Member

Apology accepted!

Granted I am torn, but my biggest deal is this......
    I hate the Patriots and usually during the season I could give two shits about the Giants, I rarely even watch them. But, with the Giants this year, thier fans were killing them early in the year right up until that game against the Bills. The Bills gave them the game in the second half, and the Giants have been playing better since. But Now Giants fans are in love with Coughlin and Eli, so I am suppose to jump on the bandwagon along with thier fans? No way, they need to be humbled by a significantly better team.

By the way, I do not even consider them having road game winning streak of 10, as the game in England was really a nuetral site game.

19. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Take a stand and skip it. I'm going to the movies with a fellow Jets fan and an Eagles fan who lived in Boston for 3 years and therefore hates both the Giants and Pats with equal passion.

It'll be the first Super Bowl I've ever missed since I was old enough to care.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I could give a crap about the Giants,but as a Jet fan i am also a fan of anyone playing the Pats,Dolphins or Bills.