As a Jets fan, who are your Top 5 Hated Teams?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jun 9, 2006.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

1) fish
    2) raiders
    3) steelers, because I am surrounded by their fans
    4) broncos, because my best bro is the Denver guy so we have to rag on each other. And of course, there's '98...
    5) colts, lately just for mr overrated QB Manning. He sort of replaced Marino for me in terms of players whom I can't stand.

Patsies and Bills have alternately been either a doormat or so far above my Jets, it didn't hurt so much to lose to them. Kind of expected. Its hard to hate with a passion when you either feel sorry for a team you destroy, or give a good game to a team you didn't think you had a shot of beating to begin with. Back in '94, the Patsies would have definitely made my top 5.

2. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

Dolphins
    New England
    Buffalo
    Redskins
    Raiders

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That is actually a myth.
    From The Pro Football Chronicle:

Almost everything you hear about the Raiders' archvillian is true, but not this. It was the team's other defensive end, Ike Lassiter, who was responsible. And he broke Namath's cheek, not his jaw.

The game was played December 17, 1967 at the Oakland Coliseum. Late in the fourth quarter, Davidson made a spectacular hit that sent Namath one direction and his helmet another. Photos of it were published in newspapers across the country.

When postgame X-rays showed Namath's cheek to be broken, most people simply assumed Davidson had done it. Overlooked was the even harder shot Lassiter landed in the third quarter. He whacked Namath with a wicked forearm upside the head that put the Jets quarterback flat on his back.

"You could hear that hit all over the stadium," Lassiter says.

There's never been any doubt in the Raiders camp who did the damage. Davidson caught Namath with two fists under the jaw, which accounts for the helmet flying off but not the fracture. Lassiter's blow landed on the right side of the head, just over Joe's two-bar facemask and the area of the break.

"I've never denied that it was him," Davidson says, "and I think Ike resents the fact that I got the publicity."

There's a bit of that in Lassiter. "I never made a big deal of it because I didn't care, " he says. "I think sometimes Ben feels guilty because he gets all the credit and didn't do all the work."

Namath, by the way, didn't leave the game after either hit. He played the next week with a new half-cage facemask.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This turned out to be a pretty good discussion. :up:

5. Irv

Irv Member

1. Fish
    2. Deadskins
    3. Faders
    4. Muffalo
    5. Horseshoes (tie)
    5. Patriots (tie)

And a new #7: German Chefs (sic)

#65 Irv, Jun 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

1. dolphins
    2. dolphins
    3. dolphins
    4. dolphins
    5. dolphins

i really dont hate any of the other teams like i hate the dolphins. i will never root for the dolfags for any reason whatsoever, ever. no way no chance no how. all the other teams i have rooted for in a game here or there or liked some of their players. i wanted to see the patsies win their first superbowl, i enjoyed watching guys like marcus allen play, i have never minded the giants, just their fans.

so yeah my hated teams change from year to year, right now i really hate the redskins just cause i hate danny snider or whatever the hell his name is. however i have not always hated them and used to root for them against the cowboys. i will also be forced to hate the chiefs this year now that sperm is over there. ive always liked the way they played in kc until now.

the dolfags on the other hand should never get a yard from scrimmage from now until forever!

7. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

(no particular order)
    1. Dolphins
    2. Saints
    3. Rams
    4. Lions
    5. Cowboys

runners up: texans, bears, broncos, giants

8. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

You know your stuff! I was going to mention this but I didn't want to hijack the topic!...

9. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

That sums up everything about the Raider mentality as far as I'm concerned. After a player dishes out a maiming injury, he has a falling out with a teammate who steals the credit and thinks the other guy should feel guilty because he DIDN't inflict the terrible injury.

Good thing it wasn't Dennis Byrd they were talking about, or the two meatheads would be in the court trying to take the credit.

10. The Dark Knight

You need to explain why that is your list.

It is interesting.

11. JetsForever

JetsForever New Member

1) Buffalo
    2) Buffalo
    3) Buffalo
    4) Buffalo
    5) Indy

I'm from Western NY ... If the BILLS moved to LA it would be the happiest day of my life ... They do carry on the tradition of ALL the BIG 4 sports teams in the area ... ZERO Stanley Cups ... ZERO Super Bowl Rings ... ZERO NBA RIngs ( from when they had a team ) and they can't even land a MLB team ... Had to round it all out with INDY ... Can't take ANY of the MANNING FAMILY

12. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

Oakland (biggest non division rival)
    Miami (JUST HATE THEM)
    Buffalo (Hate losing to them b/c they suck so much)
    Deadskins (they took my favorite player Moss...I'll never forget that )
    Pittsburg (Cause they always beat us)

13. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

1. Dolphins
    2. Eagles
    3. Patriots
    4. Raiders
    5. Giants

14. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

1) Pats
    2) Phins
    3) steelers
    4) Bills
    5) Giants

15. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

1: Dolphins
    2: Raiders (mostly because I read Namath's biography, plus they have annoying queer fans)
    3: Patriots (more jealousy than hate, although seeing Brady break a few bones or Belicheck getting hit by a player going out of bounds would please me)
    4: Bills (division rival)
    5: Giants (not really a strong hatred, but I can't say Washington because I like guys like Cooley and Sellers, can't say Cowboys because so many ex-Jets, and I don't care for the Eagles but would root for them over Giants)

16. Green Lantern 80

1. New England
    2. Dolphins
    3. Buffalo
    4. Dallas - America's team - that's a joke.
    5. Raiders

17. iLoveJets

iLoveJets New Member

1. Doll-phins
    2. Foreskins
    3. Colts
    4. Raiders
    5. BiLLs

18. The Dark Knight

How can anyone not put the Patriots on their list?

Even if you respect them, which I do, they still belong on the list. And at the top.

19. freestater

freestater New Member

Bills- I'm in Rochester and been to several jets games at NewYorkTaxpayer Stadium. Classless idiots. Who the hell names their team after something that comes in the mail once a month that no-one likes?

Dolphins- Marino (sooo glad he doesn't have a ring) Teal and Orange? WTF?

patsies- dynasty, dynasty, dynasty... God I'm so sick of this dynasty shit. Vinetari's gone losers, what now?

Raiders- although I may now enjoy it if they beat KC

Colts- Peyton the choke artist, what an over-hyped piece of crap.

20. mainejetsfan

mainejetsfan New Member

Whether Ben Davidson or Ike Lasseter, doesn't change the event, the team or my feelings about the Raiders. I still think they belong on any list of most hated teams.