As a Jets fan, who are your Top 5 Hated Teams?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

BLOWFISH
    MIAMI
    DOLPHINS
    PHINS
    Giaints

2. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

1. Dolphins
    2. Ravens
    3. Bills
    4. Cowboys
    5. Pats

3. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Dolphins - fake spike, marino, etc etc
    Raiders - Hedi game, their something silly like 6-2 record against us since 1999
    Pats - lately been dominating the division
    Indy - Always kicked our ass before the realignment. not having to play payton twice a year was a gift from the nfl gods
    Steelers - we play them often enough, and its usually a big game for either team.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

1) Jets (kind of like my wife, Love her the most but hate her the most)

Raiders
    Bills
    KC
    Colts

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

1)Dolphins-Jason Taylor, Gay Uni's, Overhyped

2)Bills-I can accept a loss from the Pats because thats a quality orginization, but whenever these bums beat us I consider attacking the tv.

3)Pats-Like I said quality orginization, But, I hate Bruschi and Belicheck. Mostly Belicheck, he looks like a very old mel gibson with cancerous stones stuck in his ass. very inhuman and a bastard that still affects the Jets, it would be great if Mangini is a great coach though, itll be revenge for jumping ship to go play with the Cheese family.

4)Redskins-If the NFL were high school this would be the rich guy buying peoples friendship.

5)Raiders-Again, if th NFL were high school this would be the guy who was sposed to graduate a few yrs back, you can usually find him in wood shop, or in the hallways spitting on and tripping the underclassmen.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

1. Dolphins
    2. Patriots
    3. Steelers
    4. Raiders
    5. Giants

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

1. NY Giants- I grew up around alot of Giant fans and they won SBs when I was a kid so they always had the upper hand.
    2. Miami Dolphins- No explanation needed.
    3. New England Patriots- I actually like and respect the type of team they have but the bitter jealous second City mentality of the fans makes me despise the Pats.
    4. Buffalo- another div rival.
    5. Washington Redskins- I actually used to like them somewhat b/c I'd root for them to bat the Giants but the fans were jerks at the '03 opener and I can't stand Snyder.

I could see Pitt moving into this top5 as we'll see the rebirth of the frontrunning Steeler fans and Oak drops out b/c they've been so bad lately and there's ben enough time in btw the playoff losses to them.

8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

1. Patriots
    2. Eagles
    3. Herman Edwards
    4. Ravens
    5. Dolphins

I'm not jealous of the Pats, I just hate them. Got a big time Eagle fan friend who is not very modest about his team. I don't hate the Chiefs but will hate Herman now and forever. I live in MD and the Ravens suck. Dolphins are the division rival.

9. MyFavoriteMartian28

1. Miami Dolphins
    I hate everything about this team, and now with Saban welcoming all these players with "character issues" its almost as though they are intentionally building their team to be the perfect nemesis of the new Jets who are all about "high character." Uh Oh... the hate meter on the Dolphags just jumped up another notch because I had to write about them...

2. Oakland Raiders
    Al Davis, for all his flaws, did a lot to create opportunities for minorities to excel in the NFL... however, that doesn't excuse the fact that this team is a magnet for the low-end of the food chain, no matter what race. White, black, yellow, pink, purple, green, blue... it doesn't matter... Raider Nation consists of Walmart shopping, Jerry Springer watching TRASH. Plus, the Raiders have alway been a thorn in our sides.

3. Atlanta Falcons
    They are a "southern fried" version of the Raiders... plus that arrogant asshole Rich McKay is the most over-rated suit in the NFL right now.

4. Houston Texans
    They threw games this past season to get the Reggie Bush pick, anyone who saw that missed field goal in the last few weeks of the season would agree... then they drafted Mario Williams.

5. Indianapolis Colts
    Used to be a big rival for us. Plus, I live in Indiana... the fan base (from a Jet fan's perspective) is horrible. Anyone watching the playoff game between the Colts and Steelers probably noticed the lack of a 12th man, in a DOME no less... its because the hicks out here only cheer for the Colts if they are up by 14pts. Seriously, the fans have no heart... no faith... and the minute the Colts fall behind the fans are talking Nascar or Hoops. The team has the same heart as the fanbase... they are quitters. Jets fans are maniacs, who always look for something about their team to cheer for... if nothing else, we always stand behind our team whether they are good or bad. Colts fans are terrible. As great as that offense can be, watching the Colts is like having to sit through a Giants game at 1pm because the Jets are on at 4pm... its so boring you just want it to be over.

10. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

1. Patriots - If I could I would write this on a napkin, it would say I HATE YOU SO MUCH BELICHECK. Kinda like his note to us when he quit.
    2. Phins - I quess deep in my heart I have always hated them. Nice Cheerleaders but thats about it.
    3. KC - Strange I have always disliked them, NOW I HATE THEM.. Can you guess why???
    4. Raiders - Hate the uniform,fans,the team,coaches,attitude. Cheerleaders and hot though.
    5. Tampa Bay -- I just hate to look at CHUCKY. He makes me sick.

#30 4jetfans, Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

1. Giants - for the way the media props them up and I hate Eli
    2. Dolphins - Duh
    3. Pats - Duh
    4. Colts - Because stupid Peyton Manning thinks he's smarter than his coaches and audibles for no reason.
    5. Broncos - I hated that horse tooth Elway and I hate their creep of a coach Shanahan...

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

1. Patriots
    2. Colts
    3. Bills
    4. Cheifs
    5. Giants

13. MyFavoriteMartian28

My girlfriend absolutely hates him too... says he is over-rated and way too ugly to get the attention he does... plus the whole face making this is fake... I agree with her.

14. 1. Patriots- Has nothing to do w/ Jealousy- They have a great coach and great character on their team. I have grown up hating all Boston area teams and since Im from New England- i hafta hear the Brady/Bruschi propaganda every single day. Nothing will thrill me more than the demise of their dynasty when it finally arrives.

2. Dolphins- The teal, the orange, the trash talking pretty boy players. And of course the 2 games that have haunted our franchise for decades: mud bowl and fake spike

3. Redskins- I get sick of Gibbs and his good ole' boy crap to the media..and I dont even think I need to comment on Dan Snyder

4. 49ers- A team I was brought up to hate- The finesse uni's, bandwagon fans- and the "can do no wrong" attitude toward Joe Montana and Jerry Rice from the media.

5. Cowboys- "America's team". Enough said.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

1. Bills (fans have absolutely no class, and cannot understand the concept of some people liking a different team, and they still wear their 1990 blue and red Starter jackets)

2. Pittsburgh (since Doug Brien all I wanna to is beat them to atone for that loss)

3. Patriots (they have won the division so many years, I wanna take them out, it sucks when playing them is almost an automatic loss)

4. Rams (because I have a buddy who is obsessed with them and thinks they're gonna win the super bowl every year even when they're like 2-6)

5. Giants (because they are the other NY team and people should like the Jets not the Giants, and they have the worst uniforms ever...grey should never be used in sports.)

16. jcjet

jcjet Member

"Helmet has a helmet on it."

That's great...never thought of that...LOL

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

For me:

1. Phins
    2. New England
    3. Raiders
    4. Buffalo
    5. Ravens

#37 GreenHornet, Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2005
  18. mainejetsfan

mainejetsfan New Member

Maybe it's my age, being a fan going back to the Titans, but no list can be complete without including the Raiders. I will never forget Ben Davidson breaking Namath's jaw or the 68 AFC championship game. Other than that, I think 2 and 3 are the Dolphins and Patriots. Other rivalries and either transitory or the teams just don't play enough to rise to the level of hatred.

19. Denny

Denny Active Member

Dolphins
    Raiders
    Broncos
    Cleveland
    Redskins

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree 100%.
    In this thread I read several comments such as these, "I don't hate the Raiders (or Bills) as much because they have been bad recently" and "I hate the Redskins because they stole Jets players."

If you are a Jets fan you really need to list the Bills, Patriots, Dolphins, and Raiders somewhere in your top 5.
    Your fourth team could be an old division rival who no longer is a division rival (Colts, or Oilers if you date back to the 1960s {I don't, so the Oilers/Titans don't bother me}).

If not the Colts or Titans, your fifth team could be anybody.

It seems most people go with a local team (Dinobot with the Eagles, a poster from Maryland hates the Ravens, NY/NJ people who hate the Giants, etc.) or one that "stole" Jets players (Redskins).

I went with one that is just fruity all the way around. They are too afraid to wear dark jerseys at home, they have a huge national gutless bandwagon following, "They left the roof open so God could watch his favorite team", etc. I applaud every team that hosts the Cowboys and makes them wear the dark jerseys.

I get the Snyder hatred, but I'm surprised a couple people hate Joe Gibbs. I find him to be a very likable guy. As screwy as Snyder is, he still doesn't approach the creepiness of Jerry Jones.

#40 Cakes, Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006