As a Jets Fan, Where do you want Mark Sanchez in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Where Do You Want Mark Sanchez?

1. Starting Quarterback of the New York Jets

13.1%
  2. On the bench, in a back-up role.

40.8%
  3. OFF the roster. (Take the Cap Hit)

46.0%
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Either on another team or on the bench here fighting for the backup QB job.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I dunno guys. Sanchez's career path so far really reminds me of Joey Harrington's. The kid wasn't all that bad his first two season but was done in by poor coaching and lousy personnel decisions. I think he took too many hits, saw too many passes dropped, and didn't get enough coaching in his stint with the Jets and that perhaps took all the upside out of him.

He certainly needs a change of coaching if not a change of scenery to resurrect his career. I believe that he is indeed done with the Jets as a starting QB unless by some miracle, Norv Turner can wave a magic wand and bring Sanchez back to the land of competent NFL QB's.

Time will tell my friends..

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Despite being 8-8, Sanchez had 26 TD passes and 6 rushing TD's. He was on the right path despite the toxic nature of his locker room. Enter Sparano and Tebow, then it all washed away..........

4. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

He also had 18 picks and 8 fumbles lost. A lot of those TDs came in clusters against bad opponents. He had 3 TD passes of 3 yards to Burress against SD and another 3 against the Bills and the coverage was awful in both of those games. When it came to facing respectable opponents, Mark was flat out awful. Don't let the TD numbers fool you. He was not on the right path. He didn't play as well as he did in 2010 even though the numbers were better in 2011. He regressed in 2011 and regressed once again in 2012. He has had one decent season in his 4 years as a starter. I've seen enough of him to the point that I am ready to move on. I hope the Jets are as well. If not, they will be wasting another season away which could be used to find a real QB.

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This one answers itself.

For me , Id rather see him gone!

Here's reality. Either he is traded and we eat a portion of the 8 mill he would be due or hes the starting quarter back next year......Period! The owner of this team will not stand for eating this guys contract. I'm sure every excuse in the book is being laid at the Feet of Mr. Johnson and mark my words, Either a Mike T Holy cow how'd ya pull that off or Marky mark is behind center come 1st snap next year.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not only a raise but they also guaranteed his money,,,,,simply amazing and people still want Tanny here,,,,,but I stray

7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

There are 26 people who are deeply confused and I pray for their well being.

8. perfectpackage99

Sanchez 2013

Mission Viejo for 1/2 the year

Jail in Tijuana during football season

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I would start McElroy, bring in a vet (Hasselbeck) and let Sanchez rot on the bench for a year. Then in '14 draft a QB in the first round.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Still don't think taking the cap hit is worth it just to get him off the team next year