Around the League Tim Tebow Could Cover Kickoffs for New York Jets

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by The Uniform Bomber, Jul 24, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

It not style it about completion %. I'll take Rivers on the Jets any day.

2. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Phillip Rivers is also 0 wins and 1 loss vs Tim Tebow. Just like Matt Sanchez, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and others.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Lmfao. Are u serious? That all u could come back with? What did all that get him? Another backup role.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, I thought it was funny as hell.

With that taken care of, glad to see that you all are no longer worried about throwing motion, but rather, are concerned with consistency.

Hmmm, said from the very first day that Tebow can throw the ball accurately enough, he just doesn't do it consistently. I also pointed out that he was very consistent back at Florida. What happened ? He's changed his delivery and hasn't committed it fully to muscle memory. We'll see how well things worked with Tom House.

5. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

It got him up to 20 plays a game with the NY Jets. Never heard of a backup qb in NFL history being guaranteed of playing time. If it works well, he will take over the starting role, and quickly. Jets fans should actually be very happy, its a win-win for you and forces Sanchez to step it up and play lights out or he is dunzo, if Tebow brings his magic act to New York, its good times for the Jets that you haven't seen since Joe Willie was shaking his index finger in Miami.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I see you've learned nothing from this thread.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Thank you.. I was going to say the same.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Wow u really are a fool. If he gets 20 plays and that makes u happy then so be it.

9. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Ever play chess? probably not, it doesn't seem like you can see more than a foot in front of your face. Tebow will have to earn the starting job in those key plays under pressure, just the way he likes it. He isn't a coddled top 5 pick who has displayed mental fragility.
    If Tebow is the real deal, he will be able to show it with his opportunities, that is all he needs. If Sanchez continues giving away int's like popcorn, it will be a quick and easy takeover. Tebow made a great decision in coming to New York, he will have a good football team behind him instead of the easy road to starting for a mediocre at best Jags team. As a #1 Jets fan, its a win~win for you. But you are too dumb too see that yet, just keep believing what Merril Hoge tells you.

10. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

I really like Tim Tebow. Its impossible to hate him or root against him unless you have a heart of shit and piss. Listening to him speak is like looking at a box of kittens, cant help but smile. He is a very talented football player, and i love the pick up because i know he will bring a lot to the team. What i can't stand is the fans of Tim Tebow. Not all of them, not specifically anyone on this board, but more casual fans who when they hear the name Tebow they turn into the equivalent of 10 year old girls who just heard someone say Justin Bieber.
    I really hope this team shuts out the media and the fans this year that make uproars for Tebow. It's inevitable, even if the Jets have the best record in football, their will be fanatics that call for Tim and boo Sanchez, and their will be beat writers beating a dead horse with a dead rhetoric.

11. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Its a win~win for the Jets, either you win with Sanchez, or you win with Tebow. If Tebow takes the job it will either be because Sanchez stinks it up, or he is just too effective in his role to keep off the field for an interception prone qb. I can't stand many Jets fans either, but not all of them. The play on the field will dictate the story, the media isn't as powerful as they would like to believe.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Yeah being a pass protecter will show his QB skills and winning the starter job. Hey dumb ass 20 plays does not mean 20 snaps as the QB. Check mate.

13. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

being a pass protector? sounds like you need to hit the hay and rest up your hate for tomorrow, you can do better.

14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Ummmm, no, he can't :)

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Actually, it appears that he wasn't brought in to be the backup QB, either.

Name another NFL team that regularly uses its backup QB on kick coverage. In fact, name another NFL team that has regularly used its backup QB on kick coverage since the merger. Aside from holding for PATs and FGs, backup QBs stand on the side lines holding clipboards in anticipation of replacing the starter if needed. STs are the most dangerous units on football teams in terms of injuries.

This Tebow situation is getting stranger and stranger/funnier and funnier/sadder and sadder depending upon your POV. Either the Jets traded for this guy just for the publicity factor and are now scrambling to find a way for him to fit on the team or they are trying to integrate plays for Tebow into the offense without seeming to do so in anticipation of his taking the starting job from Sanchez at some point or they have come to the realization that he's a really lousy QB and they're trying to save face.

Best keep an eye on how Greg McElroy does in preseason. The Tebow trade may have been the best thing for McElroy's career prospects since he was signed.

16. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Tebow will not be on the KR/KO team...

All the Jets' ST coach said was that they haven't ruled anything out...He never said TT was going to be playing on the Kickoff team.

...Yet another media driven, non-story that the sheep are all but too ready to swallow.

I would expect nothing less from a Bills fan though to buy into it and not be able to think analytically...

#56 FakeSpike13, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  17. TTTTebowAndTheJets

After one minicamp? I doubt it

The other option is that they're just flat out lieing or trying to scare other teams and they don't plan on using tebow all that much if at all on ST.

I see it as 3 options... Either:

A) He was brought in to be a backup QB in which they would never put him in on ST except for a play or two as a diversion because if he was truly the backup, he's only one sanchez injury away from taking over the team. And the Jets wouldn't be that stupid

B) The Jets are that stupid

C) He's not the backup qb. He's 100% Brad Smith and if Sanchez were to go down, he'd continue his Brad Smith roll and McElroy would start.

As a Tebow fan I hope its A or B as I think he showed enough last year and that anyone would be crazy to rather have McElroy run the offense as opposed to someone who has, however flawed, showed they he can compete and will not bring down a team and can even potentially lead them to the playoffs. This whole thing could be smoke and mirrors. We could also see McElroy get a ton of time in preseason which could point to C. I sure hope not.

18. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

McElroy has a 0% chance of being the next guy in.

The only way McElroy gets in is if Tebow is already injured running goaline packages by the time Sanchez gets hurt.

If Sanchez goes down, it is 100% going to be Tebow (barring an unforseen Tebow injury).

Now McElroy might get a shot if Tebow comes in and stinks it up for a few weeks, but that scenario is pretty unlikely IMO.

Of course, McElroy himself has yet to make it through a preseason without getting hurt (speaking of injuries).

19. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

Tebow is the shiny new toy under the Jets Christmas tree right now. So, everyone wants to see what he can do for them. Next thing we know, Pettine will be weighing in with a Tebow package. :breakdance:

Besides, Mike Westhoff has a decade of experience with the NY media. I'm sure he knew exactly what tidbits of information would make them scurry around like rats after the tastiest bit of cheese.

#59 Apple Jack, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  20. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Pulled a quote from Mike Westoff here...