Argue about why people shouldn't have rooted for one SB team or the other

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by allan1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I don't understand how any Jets fan could have honestly rooted for the Pats last night. i just don't. Yes, I know we share a stadium with the Giants. But we play them once every four years. There are plenty of fans in NYC for both teams. When the Jets win, they are the ish, and when the Giants win, they are the ish. The last two years, we got PLENTY of buzz for simply getting to two AFC Title games. We lost them. The Giants won their games. Get over it. As has been noted on this site before, the biggest difference between the Jets and Giants is their record in Championship games. Since Superbowl 3, the Jets are 0-4 in the AFC Championship game. The Giants are 5-0 in NFC title games and 4-1 in the Superbowl. If we can change that (even if only by a little bit) during the rex ryan era, than we will be just fine. Rooting for the Pats to beat an NFC team who we play once every four years just doesn't make any sense, IMO

#161 slimjasi, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Why would any Jets fan have "rooted" for either of those teams?

Why not just watch the game?

3. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I hated the vagiants long before rex came here and i hate those fuckers even more. Anyone who says im not a jet fan for wanting them to lose can drop dead.

I dont hear a peep from patsies, u know why? Because i dont live in ne, i live in giant country. Brady and bb are going down as one of the greats regardless of whether they win or lose.

FUCK THE GIANTS and anyone who roots for them. fuck the mets too. They can all get hep c.

4. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

OK, so you're a Pats fan. No biggie.

5. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

So true. I lived in New England for over 20 years and you didn't see very many people wearing Pats gear. Thankfully I moved before they started winning and the bandwagoners came out of the woodwork.

6. Mister OMG

Mister OMG Member

I rather but up with a tough week than see the patriots win another. And most of the people I know that are giant fans and are bad mouthing us were wearing black & yellow last year......and green & white 2 months ago

7. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Are you insinuating that if I rooted for the Giants to beat the Pats, that I'm not a true jet fan?

If that is the case, then you sir, are an idiot! :)

8. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

If you rooted for either team yesterday, then you are not a true Jets fan.

9. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Question :

So if you rooted for one team to lose more than the other, then that means you're rooting for the other team?

WTF? Since BOTH TEAMS CAN'T LOSE the game, you pick the team you want to LOSE the most.

Now today, I'm cool and I even created a thread with some nice Patriot TEARS for every Jets fan to enjoy. But Yesterday night, I was PISSED!

But it's all good now.

10. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear your rational. Wait, let me get popcorn and put this hear that this site delightfully gave us...:manning::manning::manning: (even though I'd take Eli > Taco any day)

11. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Thank you. I was starting to wonder if there were any non-pussy Jet fans.

I mean cmon, people crying because Giant fans are going to make fun of them?? What the hell is that, I hope these guys are like 13, because that is some cowardly shit.

12. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Maybe its different down here. Most Giants fans I know root for the Jets as well, I had no problem enjoying the Giants beat up the Pats. Ya know the pats right? OUR rivals.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No need to pout. Their Quarterback was "little brother" for a while too. Bring on free agency, fuck the Pasts.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Meh. I don't think its jealousy, it's just a matter of hating your rivals. I'm certainly not jealous of the Bills or Dolphins, but guarantee my hatred of them runs deep, and I would root for any team that plays them (except the Pats). We'll always hate the Pats, regardless of how good or bad they are. I don't really see the Giants as rivals to be honest. Just like Jacksonville and Miami aren't really rivals. They are just 2 teams that play in the same area.

15. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yep thats it right there. Funny thing is though I still remember when it was all about hating the Dolphins no matter the team playing against them, not the patriots.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I still hate them, for me Dolphins-Giants would be a worse Super Bowl than the Pats, because I know a lot of Dolphin fans. Enough, anyway, more than enough.

17. MelYeah

MelYeah New Member

PREACH, MY GREEN BROTHER! PREACH!

Mind you, I didn't mind some of Rex's bravado, but all that "we're the big brother" talk was silly. I get that it got the media excited and got younger Jets fans more in the spirit of being Jets fans. But he pushes the limits of talking too much. He doesn't have to be the cookie cutter "we'll take it game by game" coach, but all this "we're taking over New York City" talk was just a bit much. I get confidence, but he was sounding almost arrogant. Getting to two AFC title games is fun, but let's not act like it's the hottest shit to do.

Less talking, Rex. Get us a ring and then tell the Mike Francesas and Brandon Jacobses of the world to shut the fuck up! Until then, we deal with this.

Our day WILL come, Jets fans. I'm telling you now. OUR DAY WILL COME!! And I won't be talking shit to Giants fans when it does, either. I'll be too busy smiling and enjoying the day like G-Men fans are today.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Our day will never come

and if it ever does, we'll all probably be dead by then

19. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

It would have been much better is the Pats won. This Giants victory has been unbearable so far, and its going to get worse.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

But think of how much we'll be remembered by our loved ones
    when it happens:grin: