Argue about why people shouldn't have rooted for one SB team or the other

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by allan1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

and whos fault is that? If you want to be upset about this,be upset with Rex and his mouth

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Sniveling, whining, bitching little panty-waisted, bed-wetting piles of parrot droppings.

"I can't take it! I go to the mall and I can't wear my green stuff anymore because I get picked on by people wearing blue and red and I'm too afraid to stand up for myself. So I'd rather see the fucking arrogant division rival cocksuckers from Boston crow because I can't man up to take it in my own back yard. It's easier for me to handle the humiliation if I don't have to face it 'cause I'm such a fucking whimp I can't even believe it myself. I wish I could take it but I can't, so it's just easier to let the Patriots win again and this way I can still go to the mall."

I mean, honestly guys. Come on. Suck it up and tell your Giants buddies to fuck off. They were a .500 team that got hot and healthy just in time to pull off a few wins after losing to the lowly Washington Redskins, for God's sake. Stand up for yourselves and tell them we're going to kick their ass the next time we play them in regular season.

I mean, really. Like Don says above, what ever happened to the Jets fans who didn't take any shit from anybody, especially Giants fans?

3. typeOnegative13NY

To each his own i guess. But the Pats are our rival,not the Giants. Like i said before,i've also as a Yankee fan seen Met fans root for the Braves to beat the Yankes. I cannot imagine being a Jet/Met fan that feels that way. I don't know why i would even watch sports

4. typeOnegative13NY

I've been in the position where the Giants had just won the SB and I was wearing a Jets hat. A Gint fan started in,and i just said hey,great game and threw the giants few comps,and the conversation took a turn to a real conversation about football. Its not that fucking hard,and there is no reason to be so butthurt about it.

5. Section 227. Row 5

And another thing. You can't find ways to mock the shit out of the Giants fans you run into? Like how about they were all ready to fire their head coach and Eli had to go, etc. etc. Just weeks ago they were fucking booing Manning out of the stadium when he threw multiple INTs!

You can't mock the shit out of them for that and remind them we're still here and we'll deal with it the next time we see you? Oh no, much easier to root for the fucking New England Patriots.

Well, you all deserve to be lined up against a wall and shot by firing squad. Yes, that's what I said, a fucking firing squad. And I'll pull the trigger myself!

"Here lies Joe Spimoni, former Jets fan who rooted for the NE Patriots. Sentenced to death by firing squad for being a fucking traitor." LOL

6. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, picture a die-hard Yankees fan rooting for the fucking Boston Red Sox when they're playing the NY Mets because they "don't want to face a Mets fan and be ridiculed." I mean, are you fucking kidding me?

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Next time a Giant fan gets under your skin you can remind him of Allie Sherman and Alex Webster and "The fumble" and their fans burning their season tickets rather than bear the shame of going to one of their games or the fact we actually won a superbowl 18 years before they even sniffed one.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah that's simply absurd. It's kind of like how Mets fans were rooting for Philly a few years back against the Yankees. Sure, you don't want your cross town rival to win, but a true loyal fan would never root for the Phillies... ever.

All in all it's just a game. I know many Giants fans and talk with them about football every time I see them. We don't hate each other because of the teams we like. Some people only like pissing contests and those annoying types exist, but hey, when someone says the Jets suck, I'll say "yes, they did this year, and here's why", and the conversation actually becomes normal. We just like to take our little jabs at each other, but it's never personal.

#148 Barcs, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Yup! Grew up a Mets fan moved to Boston in 76 lived a block from Fenway. Bought a Yankee cap sat in the bleachers with my friends who were all hard core Red Sox fans and rooted like mad for the hated Yankees. The best part was Al Jackson was the Red Sox pitching coach and I used to sit right behind the Red Sox dogout and talk to him about the Mets while telling his pitchers how much they sucked.

10. typeOnegative13NY

exactly> i would poke out my eyes and not watch sports before i would root for the Blosox. The same goes for the Patriots.

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

better to have the trophy in new york city than boston, plus it puts added pressure on woody, tanny, and rex to actually get a team good enough to knock the pats out of the division title ( first round bye and home field) and a real shot at the super bowl. 4 wins in the previous two years would have been enough to get to the super bowl twice if they weren't a wild card and have to play 3 games.:wink:

besides, everybody knows those 3 pats trophies are bogus cause they were spying/cheating. no jet fan witha pluse should be rooting for darth hoodie, no matter whom the nfl team is!

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Of course jealously is part of it. It's a large part of it. Let's just get it out in the open.

Jets fans are jealous of the Giants.
    Mets fans are jealous of the Yankees.

The Jets are like the broke ass kid who never got shit in life and the Giants are like the rich kid down the street who always brags about everything he has every day to the poor kid.

Of course Yankees and Giants fans don't care much if the Mets/Jets win occasionally as long as they win more often. I'm sure if the Jets won 4 championships and suddenly won more than the Giants and were the toast of the town that would change quickly. I'm sure if the Mets won 10 WS in a 20 year span and everyone forgot about the Yankees past greatness, the Yankees fans would sure as hell hate the Mets.

Jealousy is very powerful. Just like being in a comfortable position of being on top is very powerful. The big guy doesn't care if the little guy gets a bone every now and then, as long as he doesn't dethrone him.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Regardless of who won the Superbowl the Jets were going to be regarded as second class citizens between the Jets and the Giants. Why? The Jets sat at home in the post season while the Giants made the Superbowl. Lets face reality here, since the Jets first came into as the Titans the Giant's have been to 3 NFL championship games (pre-superbowl), but lost all 3. They've been to the Super Bowl 5 times and won 4 of them. They've in the post season 15 times since the Super Bowl began.

The Jets on the other hand, Have been to 1 Super Bowl, with 1 win. and have only managed to get to the Conference game 5 times (including their Super Bowl year) the jets in that time frame have made the post season 14 times...which is comparable to the Giants at least, but lets face it, people only remember who played in the Super Bowl, not who played in the Conference game.

So yes, until the Jets get back to the Super Bowl the Jets will be the Second team in New York.

I don't lilke the Giants, but I despise the Patriots. Brady is an arrogant SOB, as is his back stabbing coach. And if The Patriots had won for the next 12 months the celebration wouldn't have just been in Boston, it would have been in every publicication Nation wide as ESPN, and every other Sports reporting organization would have hyped Boston to the extreme. the Giants will get some of this hype, and they earned it, but it won't be nearly to the degree that it would have been for the Patriots.

I despise the Patriots and Brady...in a Football way, as people I don't know them, but as members of the NFL, I despise them. If the Patriots had won they would have been arguably in the same league as the Packers of the 60's, Cowboys and Steelers of the 70's and the 49er's of the 80's. Now they're still regarded as a very good team, But they're not going to be viewed in the same league as those teams...that would have killed me.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

allan1, isn't he the one that wanted to kill Mangini and his family years ago?

15. Section 227. Row 5

Has anyone around here given the slightest bit of thought or credence to the possibility that maybe we piled some of this Giants-Jets shit on ourselves? Or maybe, more specifically, that our head coach, Rex Ryan, himself helped pile some of this shit on the NY Jets (and us, as fans)?

I am talking about everything that has been going on since Rex came in... the HBO Hard Knocks bravado, the juvenile, adolescent proclaimations that we're going to "kick their ass," the absurd, never-before-heard-from-any-coach-in-NFL-history prognistications at the beginning of the season that "we're going to the Superbowl." All the fucking talk, and talk, and more talk.

In the meantime, Coach Coughlin quietly goes about his business of preparing his team, saying very little if nothing.

And then who emerges as the actual SB candidate? And then the fucking winner, after all? Seriously. And people believe there's no correlation in terms of HC likability? You live in the NY area and who are you going to root for? The braggard who falls short or the quiet guy who proves on the field that he can do it?

From the very beginning, I deplored the Rex Ryan boasting. And there were many detractors who said, "Bullshit! I liike a coach with his kind of balls!" Well here we are now... aren't we? And who looks like the fucking fool and who looks like they walk the fucking walk?

The Jets need to win now. Not talk about winnning. They need to go out and win. Shut out the fucking Patriots 2-0. Shut out the fucking Dolphags 2-0. Dispose of the Bills 2-0.

Win.

Not talk about winning.

Everything else will take care of itself in short order.

#155 Section 227. Row 5, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  16. typeOnegative13NY

every game thread,he is calling for the rape and murder of the refs families

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That is right, sir.

I am sick of the blowhard activities of Rex Ryan. He needs to be quiet and win. Not talk about winning. I do not like to dream about the Jets winning a Super Bowl. I want to see it happen.

18. lakersmetsjets49ers

fuck the new york giants football organization as a whole.

should've never been in the damn super bowl to begin with, a backup kick returner who shouldn't have even been playing in the game handed them their super bowl trip on a silver platter.

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

it's one thing to root for a team for whatever reasons one can come up with. But, it's a totally different thing to deny greatness, because it's not in your favor. The Jets have been putrid for the better part of 40 years now. It's not the Giants fault guys. Why should they suck as well, when they have what it takes to win, and be champions. My hat's off to all the Giants fans, go ahead and celebrate. And please, do me a favor, the next time, a Jets fan starts talking thrash, simply smile and walk away, shaking your head in disbelief.
    I can only hope this means that the Jets HC will STFU and coach and the Jets players get their act together, and quietly let their game on the field do the talking for them.

20. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Stopped reading at "it's".