Argue about why people shouldn't have rooted for one SB team or the other

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by allan1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Nothing to show for it? Really? 5 AFC East titles and 2 AFC titles in the last 6 years is nothing? I'd kill for those credentials.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

As opposed to the Jets of the past 43 years.

I guess I should pity the Pats.

3. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

I can't say I follow the Jets religiously every single year, but you are right. But we aren't players, we're fans. And Jets fans>Giants fans always, so take pride in that.

4. MelYeah

MelYeah New Member

Every winning team gets bandwagon fans. I know the Jets had some bandwagoners when we were making runs to the AFC title game the previous two years. The Yankees did during the dynasty years, the Mets did in the '80s. Big deal.

As painful as this might be, I'm actually happy for my real deal Giants fan friends. They're actually wishing me good luck with the Jets coming up.

And if the Jets ever win, I will cry tears of happiness for an entire week - and drink plenty.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm even responding to this, but whatever.

When the Patriots are officially eliminated is what I'm talking about. The Pats made it so far and still lost..again... enjoy it and stop being a dumbass.

I never said that the best thing is when the Patriots lose the super bowl did I? Wow...

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

For 2 weeks I thought I wanted the Giants to lose more but something went off in my head that said you can't do this.

For starters most posters were very young when it happened but I remember vividly that fucking scumbag Bellichicken stealing money from a dead Leon Hess and then resigning with a fucking cocktail napkin. I hope he rots in hell.

Throw in spygate and all this "Patriot Way" bullshit which is nothing more then NESPN polishing the knob of Kraft. They're nothing but a low life shitty organization that lucked out with a 6th round draft pick that can play. Now their legacy is tainted, they haven't won shit in 8 years (which I know is still better then us) but we don't have spygate over our heads. They can't draft, they certainly can't beat the Giants and they can't even try and parade Tommy Boy around as being the GOAT which he clearly isn't.

I was never rooting for the Giants to win but I was rooting for the Patriots to lose. Best thing I heard all night was that Brady sat motionless in the locker room for 30 minutes with his head in his hands and a towel over his head.... good.

I love hearing all the excuses already, well Gronkowski wasn't at full strength and if he was it's a different story. Oh ok, well too fucking bad. Bernard Pollard > Patriots

7. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

The Pats legacy took a big hit tonight. It will take a few days to crystallize, but already there are cracks.

Losing XLII could of been counted as a one off fluke, but between week 9 and tonight the rose is losing its bloom.

8. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

proud to say i didn't see one play of that game :)

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Exactly.....some of you either weren't around or forgot how tough things were. In the span of 8 months, we lost the AFC CG in a game we should have won (and would have WON the SB for sure), lost Leon Hess (R.I.P.), and then lost Vinny in the season opener (to NE).

Then, in our darkest hour, the Pats have tampered with Belichick to retalliate against the Jets for stealing Parcells. Of course, the Jets never tampered with Parcells -- he reached out to them because he wanted O-U-T from the Krafts who he did not sign with in 1993) -- but the Pats did tamper with Belichick.

What Belichick did was totally classless. If you want out because you don't want to serve under Parcells or you secretly had a crush on the Krafts, man up and say so. Face the NY media. Don't resign on a piece of paper and let Steve Gutman read it for you.

What a POS. And a good DC would have shut down Elway for another 30 minutes !!!!!!

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

How about don't even take the job? He certainly had plenty of opportunity to let people know he wasn't interested in being our coach. I could have lived if he went from being DC to their coach but they way he handled it showed how little class he had. He certainly had no problem taking that money from Hess though. That being said his legacy will be that he was a genius who out smarted everybody and took a future HOF QB in the 6th round. Obviously that's sarcasm, he's just a lucky SOB who took training camp fodder who turned out to be a great QB but he still cheated to win 3 SB's.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Whatever.

Eli did it. Nice job.

12. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Same. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

13. stayclassy

stayclassy New Member

So what makes Jets fans better than Giants fans? Is it because Rex Ryan said so? The entitlement is out of control.

14. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Jets fans have genetic passion; Vagiants "fans" have inferiority complexes they compensate for with their team's mostly capricious-ass Super Bowl "victories".

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's quite a reach.

Give then their due.

16. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Who? The Giants team or their "fans"?

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

the team.

//////////////////

18. stayclassy

stayclassy New Member

some of them piss me off but if it wasn't for them the Pats would have 5 SBs, Brady and Belicheat would be demi-gods and Brady would be the greatest QB of all time. Hate the Giants but givem credit is all im sayin'

19. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Ummm, no on both accounts. Lucky victories (wide right, Tyree deal-with-the-devil catch, NFC Championship vs SF where they handed the Giants the game. Only legit run was '86) and dull-as-dishwater fans who jump ship at the first sign of trouble

20. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I disagree. having gone through the per-merger wars I put up with the Giants and their fans rudeness and arrogance. I have hated that team ever since particularly when they went through some bad times and their fans became quiet and hard to find. It seem most are front runners and I hate every single one of them. I rooted for the AFC and closed my eyes re the Patriots. I just know that we better start winning or we will always be second class citizens in NYC and in our half-a&&ed stadium we share with our rivals.