Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freeman McNeil

This! Couldn't agree more.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Besides Andrew Luck, what young QB would you want over Sanchez in a 1-and-done situation ?

RGIII ?

Lochner ??

Ponder ?

Stafford ?

Bradford ???

Freeman ?

Are we REALLY sure we want to give up on a young, mid-20's QB, with 4 years of experience after only 1 year of college ball ???

At 8 MM a year, I agree -- out.

But at a cap-friendly number, bring him back.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Right now, coming off of 2012 Sanchez.

Wilson, Kap, Flacco, Matty Ice, Foles, Cam

Maybe Dalton, maybe RGIII if healthy.

To be fair though, so much good talent on those teams to.

4. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I would definitely take Lochner over anyone else on that list.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

No thanks. When was the last time Mark Sanchez DIDN'T play like shit in a big game? That Giant game in 2011 was literally one of the 20 worst QB performances in the history of the league (#18 I think). The previous week vs Philly and the following week vs Miami were almost as bad.

In 2012 when every game down the stretch was critical, he played himself to the bench vs AZ, did nothing vs Jax, and single-handedly lost the Titans game. Even in his last meaningless game as a Jet, he made the Buffalo defense look like the Steel Curtain.

We're not talking about giving up on some inexperienced kid. We're talking about a 4 year veteran who ranks at the bottom of every QB measurable for his entire tenure as an NFL starting QB. Hell yes I'm sure I want him off this team.

Why are you comparing him to other "young QBs"? He's a veteran. Compare him to any other QB with 60+ starts in the league, and tell me which one of those guys you WOULDN'T take over Mark Sanchez.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Getting a vet in here to compete with Geno is a must but it just can't be Sanchez.

That ship has sailed.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

One and done, actually any of them on a one and done, all but Bradford anyways and ruling him out just due to his contract amount. Sanchez has never lived up to his hype. Period. He has never been average. Period. If he comes back for 3-4 million sure, maybe 5 for 1 year...But as far as I'm concerned Sanchez is done with the Jets.

8. JetsKickAss

MATTY ICE ? He plays like he's on ice.

Foles hasn't won a playoff game yet.

Neither has Cam, who has Steve Smith.

Kapernick has tons of weapons, but he is good.

Flacco ? Paid like Peyton Manning, plays most of the year like Cooper Manning.

Dalton ? He threw 4 picks yesterday and they still won easily.....shows you how many weapons Cincy has.

9. JetsKickAss

I think it's system and weapons.

Look at Stafford....best WR in the game, and looked horrible the last 6 weeks.

I think when Sanchez has them, his QB rating will jump 15-20 points and he's Top 12-15 ranking-wise.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't be silly.

11. displacedfan

Ohh winning is a QB stat, if you're making it that easy:
    Matty Ice has the highest QB wins vs QBs comeback attempts, so he's the "clutches"

Foles just won a one and done game in Dallas and is 7-1 over his last 8 games

Cam just won the division, something Sanchez has never done.

Flacco's made the playoffs every year of his career and went 4-0 in the playoffs last year throwing 0 INTs.

Andy Dalton just won the division with his team. Oh and he has the 3rd most TDs for any QB 3 seasons into his career.

If you want to go with actual QB play, they all played better than Sanchez did in 2012, they aren't coming off of injury, and they have shown very effective QB play recently.

Are any of these good arguments, nope. But present a bad argument, get a bad argument. That idea saves me a bunch of time

EDIT: On top of that, Sanchez's two last "must win games" ended with 3 picks in MIA and 4 picks in TEN. Real reliable the last 1.5 years for us... If this was 2010 Sanchez, I could buy it as he more consistent and had so many less turnovers. Any other year Sanchez, especially coming off an injury Sanchez, I'll take the know players instead of the unknown, consistently inconsistent Sanchez.

#171 displacedfan, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

[​IMG]

Junc's coming....

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am fairly confident in saying Mark Sanchez WILL START at QB in 2014. I just don't know what team he will be on.

14. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

• Mark will never be able to play for the Jets again. He'll be instantly crucified by the fans once he'd throw his first INT/Pick 6.
    • There's too much cap to be saved to not cut him - keeping him would be financially unsound, and that's before we even know if/how affected he is by the injury.
    • He will be nothing of a distraction if he stays. His comment about how he - according to himself - clearly won the QB competition shows that he clearly thinks he should be the undisputed starter for the Jets (a great mindset, but works against him now).
    • It would be unfair to Mark's future to keep him in a place where he simply cannot succeed.

Edit: For under 1,5M I could stomach seeing him in TC. He has shown nothing recently that warrants him a higher contract than that.

15. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

yes. 100%. Even if he one day win a super bowl as the 3rd string QB on a different team I won't regret it.

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The only way Sanchez is starting anywhere is if Vince McMahon decides to bring back the XFL.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I couldn't possibly disagree more. 5 QBs in TC? Whoever won the competition couldn't possibly get enough snaps to be ready for the season, particularly if it were Smith or Simms. Even a McCown or Hill would probably struggle to learn the offense and get in a rhythm with the receivers.

Sanchez is done in NY. When will you guys accept that? His confidence is shot. Jets' fans willingness to watch or be patient with him is shot. It is not a good fit. For everyone's sake, it's time he moves on. He may be able to develop into a solid backup, possibly even a spot starter elsewhere. He brings nothing to the table here except wasted time. He would only continue the circus here. The Jets can use the cap space to bring in someone else that can actually help the team in 2014.

18. displacedfan

I could definitely see this.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OMG. Unbelievable. :rofl::rofl:

20. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Sanchez is going to be cut, so will Holmes, cap savings dictate this. Sanchez will end up somewhere else as a backup but his time is done as NY Jet, it's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.