Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perid

Perid New Member

100% sure .We have to move forward .We need to win....

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In 2011 he had the 9th most passing TD in the NFL. Doesn't seem like this guy is bottom of the barrel. Give him talent to throw the ball to and this team will put points on the. Late and the defense will keep them in games.

Can you imagine if the offense had 26 passing TDs this season ?

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

1 season out 4. And if you look at who the passing TD's came against it's not a very impressive list, aka he couldn't do shit against any defense ranked higher than 20th in the league in pass defense. Despite that he was still just marginally in the plus category for TD to Turnover .

1 season in 4 is an anomaly, 3 seasons out of 4 is a trend.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

9th in TD passes. thats great!

oh wait... you failed to mention he was second in the entire NFL in turnovers. im sure that was just an oversight on your part.

Sanchez has been terrible his entire career. his BEST season, 2011, he was still less then average and a turnover machine.

there is 0 reason to bring sanchez back. he isnt good, he doesnt make players around him better, he cant teach younger guys, and the fanbase despises him.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Turnovers happen.....if you can't match turnovers with points it is a much bigger issue.

Everyone loves to discount any positive with a negative. Sure he had 32 TDs in 2011 but that was against crappy teams. Sure he had 32TDs but he had 26 turnovers. It was his 3rd year as a starter and it was a big jump in TD numbers. Instead of trying to improve around him in 2012 they went the other way---tebow,sporano, hill, Greene.

Once again not saying he is great but he is good enough to come back and compete. He is better than any option available in 2014 in free agency.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

That is just not true and nothing but a homer response. There is plenty of viable upgrades over Sanchez as a backup. Sanchez is one of the worst QBs in football statistically so it isn't like we are trying to replace him with a good QB. A below average QB would be on par and better then Sanchez and his 95+ turnovers in 4 years here.

7. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Dude stop making so much sense, the morons around here might crucify you

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He was still mediocre that year. 26 TD's were good. But you can't just look at his TD total and say that he had a good year.

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

sanchez' upside is probably solid 'game manager'. i don't think there's any reason to take a risk on him at this point. he's probably more trouble than he's worth to the jets. if i'm another team, though, he'd be worth a shot. i think he'll eventually be a serviceable starter. the jets are just no longer the right environment for him. hope he does well somewhere else. he has taken a lot of abuse (physical and otherwise) in stride here. and i appreciate that. but i'd prefer to take the geno route at this point. he has a higher upside, it appears.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The problem with Sanchez is you never know what you are going to get from him. We hope you get 2010 half of 2011 Sanchez. But there is a 50% chance you are going to get 2009, 2012, and end of 2011 Sanchez. You just don't know, so he's not even a reliable game manager because he turns the ball over too much.

In addition to his 69 INTs, he has fumbled 43 times (both lost and recovered).

He's a gunslinger. I think with a fresh start somewhere else he can become a serviceable QB. I think he used up all his good will here. If he never got that huge contract extension and then played like a rookie in 2012 he could probably still make it here

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez fer sure ain't no "gunslinger"...

But the Jets ARE the gang that couldn't shoot straight...

12. displacedfan

Huh? I always thought of a gunslinging QB as one who had no regards for the defense and thought and*tried* every throw. Maybe I never had that right?

13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

2011 Sanchez 32 TD's with less talented offense than 09 and 10. Sanchez actually had taken the next step even with Wayne Hunter.
    Ask yourself what JETS Team is talented
    A- 2009 and 2010
    B- 2011

Running and OLine alone 09 and 10 beats 2011. The WR in 2011 are better ON PAPER.

So Sanchez had his best statistical year with less talent. So don't discount it too much. Look at 2012 disaster now, the offensive talent, and coaching got worse, that was not regression that was depression!

What happened when another qb started in 2012!? A sack fest for the opposing D, a concussion for a "smart" qb who the Team had rallied around a week before.
    So plz don't say the oline didn't protect bcuz they didn't care for the new starter. Sanchez was slinging the ball into tight Windows, and No Windows as there was nobody open.

If you think this post is a fan boy Post then your delusional.

Bottom Line in a regressed Team in 2011 Sanchez progressed.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. But he needs to take a paycut.

This team, is about to miss the playoffs, because of losing Geno's second game, week 2.

You need two QBs, and you have a proven playoff winner on the roster.

You are in a position to build a team like the 49's where they didn't need to worry about injury at that position. Unless you want to go back to the Ray Lucas days, if Geno tweaks a knee or a hamstring next year.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What's the risk of bringing Sanchez back under an incentive-laden deal? TGG posters may get their panties in a bunch?

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah i havent really wanted him since we drafted him but really havent wanted him for the past 2 years. good fucking riddance.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Can he play on special teams?

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I honestly belive if Sanchez didn't get hurt and played all season and Jets missed playoffs Rex would have be canned. Sanchez getting hurt may have saved his job in the long run ..

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He could be part of the punting competition at TC.

20. displacedfan

Geno has now won the same amount of regular season games or more as Mark sanchez did in 2009,2011, and 2012

But if Sanchez gets cut and resigned for cheap, I'm fine with that. Keeping him with this contract though, ehhhh no thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.