Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

When I think about Mark Sanchez, I think of a beaten up, quirky quarterback, whose confidence will always be shaken based on the beating he took he past two years, and forever being linked to the term "ButtFumble". I say to myself: He has to go.

Then I remember this one play:

[youtube]ol3PsPTKCJY[/youtube]

And I just don't know if I can flat out give up on the guy.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it would be very difficult to find 10 trios better than that trio.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark had some quality play in the post-season, I cannot doubt that. I think given his role on the team (make plays when we need you, don't fuck up) he played his role to the T. Not many other QBs in this league have done this - from Schaub to Dalton. That is why I preferred Mark to those QBs.

Again though, he was part of a good all-around team - which is what I enjoyed most about the 2010 NY Jets, but at the end of the day "HE" did not win the games, the team did.

I agree with this statement as well - but it doesn't change the fact that I believe his mental prowess is nothing like it used to be. His ability to take big hits in the pocket is no longer there - he folds like a lawn chair when it happens. He's not the same QB.

4. nyjunc

it's hard to have confidence w/ what he had to work with in 2012.

I expect he will get cut and move on, it may be best for all involved but the more I see about potential vet backups the more sense it makes to bring Mark back on a reduced salary. Not as the starter but as the backup and if Geno falters he can step in. I think year 2 in this offense(though he didn't play he knows it now) he'd be a great option for us rather than bringing in someone else's trash.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Very true. I'd take them in a sec.

6. 101GangGreen101

I am not sure if the Jets could find a suitable veteran QB to be honest. If they cannot find one via FA - then they should absolutely bring him back to compete. He is familiar with the system and the coaches.

I am not sure if it is good for his psyche going forward. Plus the fans absolutely hate the kid.

7. The Uniform Bomber

I really don't think it's a good idea.

Mark as a backup here is a distraction.

Someone like Matt Moore, as a backup here, isn't a distraction.

That's just one of several reasons why Sanchez shouldn't be back.

8. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i think this thread proves your point.

9. nyjunc

It may not be, I am not 100% convinced he can rehab his career here. I think it may be best for all involved for him to go somewhere else. I am hopeful he can come back and help us win again(as a backup or starter) but I don't know for sure.

as far as Matt Moore, he's a good backup if you need a game or 2 out of him. if he has to play extended action you aren't winning anything but he's under contract for another team. The choices are slim out there.

10. nyjunc

Giant fans hated Simms and Eli before they won SBs. I was watching the Bill parcells documentary on NFLN last night and they showed an old NFL Today clip from 1983 discussing whether he'd be fired and the discussion was about how they had terrible QBs and no hope to win there- Phil Simms barely played in 1983 but he was 4 years into his career at that point and they didn't think they had a QB. Things change.

11. 101GangGreen101

Things do change - the question is do the Jets want to even go forth the effort in rehabilitating Mark Sanchez's image? Appears the Giants did with Simms. I just feel the input from the Jet fans is far too strong.

Mark reviving his career here would be of the best stories ever in NFL history to be honest, would love for it to happen here.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Jets were ranked sixth in total yards rushing while the Giants were 29th. In ypc the Jets were tied for ninth and the Giants again were 29th.

13. The Uniform Bomber

Interesting.

The numbers perplex me sometimes. Despite the rankings above, there's another thread that displays the OL grade, and I think it had the Rushing grade as being pretty bad.

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sanchez is dog shit. Worst QB in the NFL even before he had shoulder surgery. Anyone who thinks the Jets should give Muck another look should start watching another sport.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Even a hardcore Sanchez hater can come up with a better play than that.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

What an awesome catch by Holmes.

One throw either way doesn't make a career. It was a good throw. But the guy was drafted and played college ball at USC for a reason. Obviously he has talent. So does a bunch of other guys who couldn't cut it though.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In that game this was his line:
    16/25 194yards 3TD 88.1QBR 127.3Rating

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Aren't you still limited by what's available? And to what extent are you willing to take the "...I would rather not fill other positions than upgrade Qb" mantra? What does that really translate to? Are you willing to trade most of your draft for a Manziel or Bridgewater or send a high pick to Washington for Cousins, none of whom we'd know for sure would be upgrades? Draft a QB in every round as well as sign every available FA QB? I still view it as a blanket statement unless you are willing to provide how you think we should go about it. Who's to say Geno in year 2 is not the upgrade we are looking for

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yes, he played very well for us in that game.

20. nyjunc

it's very difficult for anyone to grade an OL unless they know the scheme, the play, the decisions being made and everything that is supposed to happen on a given play. It's nice they are ranking OLs and giving fans more info but in reality it's just guesswork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.