Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't let none of that stuff bother me at all. That's what people do on the internet. Especially message boards.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Who cares if they do hate him? I hate him because he's a joke of a QB and an embarrassment to the Jets.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Thank you for that. At least you're not being a fraud about it.

_

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I don't see how what I said would invoke your red herring comment since I think my perception is more the norm than the anomaly. Some of those sound shallow, some of those don't. Buttfumble was a play, like it or not, that already defines Mark Sanchez's career for the rest of the league's fans. Ever have a conversation with someone about him and that not come up? Suckchez is childish, but a lot of us think he sucked, so I have no issue with that. Loser? Sure, he's lost. Dogshit? I have no problem with his play being described that way by someone of any intelligence. If they said that he himself is dogshit, then that's a whole different story. Gay? Cancer? Over the top and trashy.

Regardless, your generalizations are insulting. I don't believe I've used any of those terms other than saying he sucks (an opinion I'm perfectly entitled to and don't consider pathetic one bit), so your high horse that LTJF has mentioned is getting absolutely ridiculous. Yes, some of those are childish, and some are even derogatory. Maybe some fans do actually hate the guy. But that doesn't include me, and that doesn't include I would say the vast majority of even semi-intelligent Jets fans. There's trashy fans of every team, and they're going to continue to be trashy, so trying to be Sanchez's white knight is just comical, especially when you are lording over everyone that has ever said a negative word about the guy.

Honestly, I just think your goal is to stir up trouble. You clearly don't even have a horse in this race other than to say that you disagree with the "haters" and keep coming to his defense, but then say you don't want him back. You're clearly just looking for people to argue with you.

If I did say something about him as a person, then it's something I regret and said in the heat of the moment. I don't recall doing it. But I don't want him on my team. I don't think he's good at football. I do think he sucks. And I wish him the best of luck in the NFL on another team and have no ill feelings towards his 5 years with the Jets.

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

99% of the posters would be somewhere from indifferent to excited to actually see Sanchez in person. So no, I don't think people actually hate him, or at least very few. That's the beauty of the internet. Everyone's an internet tough guy. If I met Mark Sanchez, I'd be respectful and wish him luck and say that I wish things turned out better on the Jets. I think that would be the course that most fans would take, no matter what they've written masked behind an IP address.

6. The 1985er

Good post.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The majority of posters on here aren't being a fraud about their dislike for Sanchez as a QB.

Almost everyone who is anti-Sanchez on this board thinks so because they think he's an awful QB and doesn't improve the Jets.

Why do you try to take someone's position that they think he's a shitty QB and use that to say they're a Sanchez hater?

That's like saying that Geno played horrible for much of the year and you calling someone a hater for stating the obvious. That's not hate, that's an evaluation of a player's ability on the field. Two completely separate entities.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree with your essential point, but the reality is for reasons of there being less investment and less of a track record to go on, there is an arguable basis for proceeding with assessing Smith where there is no equivalent basis for doing so with Sanchez. That does not mean now, or in summer camp, that anyone should be confident that Smith will outplay Sanchez. It is instead the point that there should be no such competition.

I agree with you there likely will not be, to a near certainty. And ftr I have largely refrained from posting on this thread since I do not feel the Sanchez Fans want to accept he almost certainly will not be back.

But i do not know that Uniform is saying we should develop a worse Qb than sanchez has proven to be.

If he did mean that, well, that would be wrong. Heh.

9. Big Blocker

Yup. Sanchez has already had three off seasons and two full regular seasons since the 2010 playoffs to show he has upside, and has not risen to the challenge. He has been paid, overpaid, plenty of money. It is time to move on, and the odds have to be substantial that they will.

10. Big Blocker

There are other alternatives to supporting Sanchez or Smith in this analysis. I think neither one inspires sufficient confidence. I think Smith stays on the team, but the Jets should definitely do all they can with available options to upgrade the Qb position.

If they don't they greatly risk becoming a team that continues mediocrity for the near to mid term future.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

his #s improved across the board as did the offensive pts in 2011 despite much less talent around him(though he wasn't nearly as good as 2010).

In 2012 he had no chance w/ the healthy skill players he had to work with and he was having a very good camp until he got hurt this year. He's really had 1 year since that 2010 year and he wasn't bad that year.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Numbers? Numbers??

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

shocking you wouldn't read the whole post and what it was in response to

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Oh, I read it all.

I just find it comical when you use the word, "numbers."

15. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It's pointless to argue with anyone who thinks Sanchez is decent. They either don't watch football, don't understand football, or have no grasp on reality. Either way a logic based argument or an appeal to facts and common sense is lost on them. You might as well argue with people who think the earth is flat.

This message is hidden because nyjunc is on your ignore list.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, I don't think you are a big meanie.

17. NewYorkEveryThing

I would throw Denver a pick or two for Oswiler .
    not all them stink ,I liked glennon in TB !
    We need a over 6"4 strong armed QB .

18. The 1985er

Lol

Filler.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

No offense, but I find comments like "Jets should definitely do all they can with available options to upgrade [fill in the blank] position" completely meaningless. Wouldn't that be true for all positions not currently occupied by a Pro-bowler or soon to be one? I equate to my NBA fans that profoundly declare that all their team needs is a center that can score in the block and defend. Of course, if you don't have one you are looking to upgrade to that. The issue is that more than likely said upgrade is not always available.

Maybe it's the pseudo-GM in me but I just can't make blanket statementsc like that with offering up legitimate options. Even a labeled Sanchez fan, Junc and Hobbes excluded, would have preferred to upgrade from Sanchez if given the choice. The thing is when I look at the current landscape of available veteran FA QBs, Sanchez sneaks his way into my viable options list as does Vick, McCown, Hill and even Tavares Jackson. If I'm playing fantasy football, none of these guys would be on my team. Unfortunately, this is what's available. The weird thing is Sanchez even has somethings working in his favor like youth, durability, starts and familiarity with the scheme, personnel and coaching staff. I'm not stuck on the "we already know what we have in Sanchez" nonsense. If the plan is to bring in a vet, then by definition anybody that's available we will already know about. Also, they will be available because their current teams will allow them to, as in they know what they have and they don't want it.

Keep in mind Idzik does not harbor the same frustrations and animosity many of you have against Sanchez. Like the Revis trade, he will approach it from a strictly football and financial perspective with no attachements good or bad. If it makes sense to him, he'll be back. If not, he'll go a different direction. I doubt the fear of boos, but-fumble flashbacks or his hair band will come into play in deciding.

20. NewYorkEveryThing

Yes idzik comes from a team that signed a free agent (Flynn) for 25 million and then started there 3rd round pick (Wilson) cause of a great training camp so you never know !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.