Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So Geno is Luck or Manning in this hypothetical?

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Sanchez got his time and failed, playoff wins be damned he hans;t played well enough after that point. Smith will get his time now, albeit a shorter amount, but he still needs it.

Its not wrong to spend time on QB's but I feel like we're hitting two extremes: waste away on a Qb with a known mediocre ceiling (not even a game manger variety...) or dump a QB too quickly on the hopes of getting one that will show instal results.

BS to both, era of eugene will last another year and earn what comes next, Stand of the Sanchize is over in NY: thats the likely reality.

we'll draft an offensive weapon barring a bad draw in front of us, and go from there.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You are so off my plan it's not funny. But nice red herring, nice try.

_

4. TonyMaC

nether, hes Geno, hes not on the level of Luck or Manning in their current states but thats no reason to not give a little bit more time to him. he was mediocre in comparison to those guys this year, but Geno might not be mediocre forever is my point.

players are not 100% of who they are despite what Luck was able to do his rookie year, thats not the norm or the standard we should be striving for, its not wrong to take time for a player that was so so their first year, especially not if its two years total.

geno's still got upside and time to develop, unlike sanchez who's been given nothing but time and has regressed to an unacceptable level despite his franchise status.

5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's simple ... I don't, under any circumstances, want a QB of Sanchez' ceiling quarterbacking the team next year (or any year). So that means, if Sanchez is the 2014 QB, Idzik has already failed before the season started.

Now, if you tell me Geno would not beat out Sanchez in a fair competition? Then my response is that Idzik has failed if Geno is the starter, too.

You are describing this as a "Geno vs. Sanchez" argument, when in actuality it's a "Competent vs Incompetent QB" argument and Sanchez has already failed that test.

6. TonyMaC

I'm being hyperbolic admittedly, but thats a lot of what I see with some of your points on Geno.

pointing out flaws is fine but I heavily disagree that starting out flawed is a sign that one will not be worth the time to build around. if anything its a fine way to test how effective they truly are. time and support should bring out the best in a player, hell its even possible that after a while more can be put in his plate and he can win games by making the team far better the its parts more often than not as opposed being a product of whats around him (in this years case Smith had marginal talent all round, inconstantly present ones at that). just because that latter capability isn't often there initially doesn't mean it never will be.

rookies aren't great out of the gate all because of what they bring to the table but because of what else is around them, or else they'll struggle a bit and be exposed as the raw beings they truly are.

as such, you're feeling that geno will ultimately always be mediocre seems unfounded.of course if he's awful or shows no progress than its time to draft again, I'm not some blind fanboy but you're view seems too ... impatient to be honest.

its not a bad thing to give him another year and weapons, another QB must be brought in to push him and give an alternative (besides Simms), but its no big loss to look for progress over more than season rather than assume nothing more will come later.

7. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

There's no debate about Sanchez among intelligent people who understand football and watched every game that he started. The guy is dog shit, period. People are sitting here debating Luck and Dalton being good. No fans of other teams sit around and debate whether or not Sanchez is good. They all know that he sucks, since its blatantly obvious to any impartial observer with even a passing knowledge of the game.

8. legler82

[Jets] QB [Sanchez] agrees to take pay cut, just wants 'chance to compete'
    Associated Press
    Published: March 10, [2014] at 08:42 p.m.

9. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

As long as you want to take it down this road, let's not pretend like Alex Smith is some world beater. Not to mention, moving on from Smith for (gasp!) a 2nd round pick has worked out fairly well for them so far, don't you think?

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

and this is precisely why you never learn and get any better as a fan.

you clearly do not have a clue about what you are watching.

He had ONE bad year w/ the worst healthy skill talent the league has seen since the 1995 Jets.

Intelligent people who understand football understand what happened and don't blame Sanchez. The ones that just use fantasy #s to judge are the ones that think he sucked and think guys like Rivers, Schaub, Romo, Cutler are really good QBs.

11. legler82

This post is a microcosm of a Sanchez hater post. They have to fabricate in their mind that the opposition thinks Sanchez is the greatest QB that ever lived to justify your own extreme position. Who else is pretending that besides you? I just posted a hypothetical article of Sanchez being brought back using the Alex Smith example and what you got from it is that I think Sanchez or Smith is a world beater.

LOL @ you making my point without even knowing it.

12. MikeSLTJ23

I guess the egg is on my face because I don't see how you even had a point to begin with.

13. MikeSLTJ23

Look, the point I'm trying to make, which a Sanchez supporter will never admit, is that Sanchez sucks. We don't know for sure that Geno sucks yet. I'd like to give him another year before turning the page. Did Geno suck in Year 1? Absolutely. But he showed promise. Sanchez did too in Year 1 (but don't kid around about it, he still sucked).

So yes, I'm a Sanchez hater. But it just boggles my mind how any Jet fan ISN'T one. Doesn't make me a Geno lover, but I think a QB takes time to develop. Sanchez had his time and it didn't work. If Idzik has any shred of intelligence, he will cut bait and move on because I'm comfortable saying it's the right move. He did not succeed in New York and he will not succeed in New York. He very well may succeed elsewhere even though I doubt it.

14. nyjunc

why would we admit to something that isn't true?

You know what boggles my mind? mark Sanchez holds the franchise records for most playoff wins by a starting QB and fans still don't appreciate that. That is truly what is mind boggling, he's treated like Bubby Brister when he should be treated like one of the best we have had.

15. MikeSLTJ23

Sanchez played admirably in the playoffs, I admit. But he was a horrendous regular season QB (save for his 2nd year). 3 out of 4 terrible years doesn't make you any good. We haven't exactly had a stellar cast of characters to compare Sanchez to at QB. But I just can't get behind that statement.

I attribute Sanchez making the playoffs more to his team than to him. However, I acknowledge that in the playoffs he more than held his own. I just don't think that warrants consideration for another year of him when I don't think he's shown any growth.

16. nyjunc

he was far from horrendous overall. The only year he was horrendous was 2012 w/ the worst healthy skill talent in the league by far. He had no chance to succeed. The others year he was more than good enough and in 2010 he was very good overall.

We made the playoffs mostly due to D in 2009 and probably again in 2010 but that supposed great D blew a ton of late leads and if not for the pass O having 4-5 reg season late game comebacks we don't make the playoffs in 2010.

I am not trying to make him out to be Brady, he's not, never was and never will be obviously but you don't need a Brady to win big. His play gave us 2 great chances to make the SB and he wasn't the primary culprit in either title game loss. Yes he stunk to end 2011 as did the entire team and yes he stunk in 2012 but look at someone like Eli Manning who had top 10 talent to throw to and was far worse than mark ever was in 2012. Eli had a 25 INt season in 2010 as well, the next year he won the SB. Giant fans wanted Eli gone after '06 and '10, he won SBs the next years. we are doing something foolish and that is giving up too soon on young talent.

17. JStokes

Ahhh yes, the intelligence/football knowledge high road. Followed with the highly empirical, measurable and scientifically provable dogshit stat.

Thank you for confirming my point.

_

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But to be fair you agreed with one of these types of posts.

19. JStokes

I was just playing the part.

There isn't a post of mine in 10 months that has ever suggested Sanchez should be on the Jets next year, should start on the Jets next year, will start anywhere next year because (i) he was dreadful in 2012 and at the end of 2011, (ii) he had major shoulder surgery and (iii) he will not have played in over a year come next September.

My posts have mainly said (i) NO ONE knows for sure what he'll be doing next year or at any further point in the future, (ii) he should look for a backup or even a 3rd string position somewhere to get healthy and reset his head and (iii) given time and an MM-like offensive coordinator, he could still become a servicable QB.

The dogshit, he sucks, buttfumble posts I find pathetically childish.

And the "he'll never play/start another down/game/season for the Jets/in the NFL" platitudes monumentally stupid. There's an idiot here who keeps saying he'll be in the CFL next year. With all the crappy back-ups in the NFL, Sanchez will most likely be on an NFL roster for the foreseeable future. But I don't know that for sure, and I wouldn't guarantee it like some of the idiots feel necessary to guarantee a future that they have no control over.

Nobody knows anything except those who think they have the moral and educated high ground.

Which they don't.

_

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Are you playing the part when you lean on the he should be back next year crowd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.