Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

fixed that for ya.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

# of games Luck and Dalton had talent surrounding him anywhere near what Sanchez had in his 4 playoff games? 0

Don't get me wrong, Dalton sucks and Luck is a superstar - it's just that neither one of them has ever gotten to play with what Sanchez was gifted (and failed with).

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Except the part where he took them out of it with his first throw of the game. You guys crucify Sanchez for one in preseason but Luck gets a pass in the playoffs?

Yes, I've seen him do it many times. If you watch the games so have you. In fact, Mark Sanchez had a 2 year stint that nearly mirrored the number of 4th qtr comebacks / game winning drives by Luck ( 11 to 10 ). With 6 of them coming in the 2nd half of the season, one of them in the final week to get into the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=LuckAn00

Pre-emptive "but he was babied and that team was stacked" rebuttal -
    Most of that doesn't matter when it comes down to that final drive unless you have ELITE talent ( AP, Megatron, Larry Fitz ) that can beat 8 guys in the box or triple coverage. Sanchez never had that. If you ask me Sanchez had less "game winning drive" type players then Luck has had through his first 2 years. Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton are bigger game breakers then Holmes and Cotchery in even the most delusional fan's eyes.

But, I digress. This isn't about Luck vs Sanchez, It's about Sanchez vs Sanchez - Always has been. I think / hope he can win that battle in Marty's system, I think he thinks that too. But there's only one way to find out.

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

WOW...TGG has Geno posting anti-Sanchez. :lol:

You think Geno feels threatened? :grin:

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Huh? Except the part where Dalton has a Top 3 WR, solid running game and great defense.

6. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

What makes you stop with next year?
    There'll be excuses for him after next year too, as there is for every QB, every year.

So might aswell consider it a clean slate after next season, and then the season after that.
    Until he retires.

Coz you never know, do you?
    He might be the best QB to have ever played the game in his year before retirement. "There's only one way to find out."

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't get that either. Dalton's not been talent strapped so much as he is just not that good, period.

And, the guy's redheaded - what else do you want?

#927 joe, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  8. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Might aswell go with Tebow.
    Young, had playoff succes, "can win in January", is the most clutch QB of all time, etc.

Should fit the mold of any Sanchez lover.

#928 Swedish Ale, Jan 12, 2014
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If you're going to continue to throw out stats and bring up the two playoff runs (3 years ago) then what about the fact that he's regressed. The Jets biggest mistake with Mark (the 2nd was not benching him earlier esp in 2012) was taking him out of the run and gun and allowing him to try and be a throwing Qb. He's not good enough. We all saw what happened. Picks and turnovers and Ls. The Jets wanted him to be a true franchise Qb and he's not capable of that. He might have the talent to be a game manager if he can follow a game plan and only throw (safe throws) in certain situations. This with a good defense was how he was successful. And could be successful in the future. But with another team. He will never be a franchise Qb.

#929 pclfan, Jan 12, 2014
  10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Really?

Old man Reggie Wayne is basically 2010 Braylon Edwards

Santonio Holmes 2010>>TY Hilton

Jericho Cothcery>>whoever is their 3rd receiver

Dustin Keller>> Coby Fleener

LT and Greene>> Richardson and Brown

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Dalton was a 2nd round draft pick (35th, Geno was 39th )who was thrown into the starting job only after Carson Palmer quit the team. It is true he has great skill players and the Jets don't. No comparison. As for me if I had a choice between Mark, Dalton and Geno: I'd take Dalton.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think anyone will agree that outside Reggie Wayne, Sanchez worked with far superior talent including the offensive line, running game, and the rest of the receiving core.

It is about Sanchez, but it has been made into Luck vs. Sanchez. Which is so stupid. Put Sanchez on a team with limited talent, where do they go? Probably 4-12. Put Luck on a team with limited talent and you get playoffs berths. The comparison's are asinine.

13. Unhappyjetsfan

You're making my point for me. I think you misread what I wrote.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Cincinnati's offensive talent is not even in the same stratosphere as the Jets in either 2009 or 2010.

The 2010 Jets had the best offensive line in football, a future HOF tailback (Tomlinson), a former Pro Bowler (Edwards) and Super Bowl MVP (Holmes) at WR, a 2nd Round pick at TE (Keller) and the best FB in football (Richardson).

The 2009 Jets had a better line (Faneca), the same receivers and full back and, instead of the HOF tailback, they had a guy who finished third in the league in rushing (Jones).

The 2013 Bengals have one player (Green), other than Dalton, that would start on the 2009 or 2010 Jets offense. Maybe Eifert.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol.

No, that just tells us everything YOU think about him, your opinion on how much he'll play later in his career tells us NOTHING about him.

_

16. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Every single post written on this forum is an opinion... so is your's.
    Well observed.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

And what happens if you playing bad football hurts your team from making the dance? Then what? That was Sanchez's problem.

Well he did lose the Pitt game... And he was on his way to losing the IND game (x2) except the defense held the Colts in check and gave him a big kickoff return.

Mark Sanchez had the Jets at the Pitt 2 yard line, 4 plays 0 points! I can cherry pick random drives that failed too. I sign up for the team that can bring me the win. Also do we really need to get into the talent argument around Luck? His defense was bad all season by most statistical measures. It's a team game. Good for Sanchez he can lead his team to 0 1st half points against the Colts in 2010 including throwing away points at the end of the half and then his FG kicker can make a kick after his ST gives him a 45 yard return. Sanchez made plays that game, but everyone here would be singing a different tune if Nick Folk misses the kick. The outcome of the game doesn't magically flip an average game for a QB to a great one or a great one to bad one. Team results vs QB performance. Don't get me wrong, Sanchez has played some of his best games in the playoffs. But what happens if he's not helping you make the playoffs. Then what?

That's the problem, a lot of people think we are going to get the Sanchez that we got in 2010. The thing is, we have no clue what Sanchez we are going to get. So we can all hope it's going to be 2010/part of 2011 Sanchez but there is also a likely chance we get 2012 or 2009 Sanchez.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

LOL Yes. If he doesn't ever start a full 16 game season again it tells EVERYONE that he ain't worth shit. You actually need to be on the field playing to even have a shot at being considered decent. Your stock doesn't raise because you posted some meaningless shit about him on a message board Lol. If you think he's so good then why isn't he on the field? Simple logic that you can't comprehend. Oh and tell me where he'll be the starting QB next year to open the season. You can't.

If you can't figure out that Sanchez sucks then you really should find another hobby.

19. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

He's not on the field cause he's hurt.... Was this a serious post?

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's not on the field cuz he sucks. The injury just sped up the inevitable. Again Sanchez apologist, where is he going to be the opening day starter next year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.