Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They failed at a crucial time in the clutch.

If a QB puts up 30 points but then fails with 3 consecutive drives with the ball starting at midfield, it's on him. You don't say "He put up 30 points."

2. JetsKickAss

I think the Colts WON the game in 2010 but our D did LOSE the game in 2011.

We had 14 missed tackles against Pittsburgh. I cannot rip the 2ndary for getting torched by Peyton Manning in the 2nd half...the guy has been known to make adjustments, ya know ? LOL

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But yet you claim Sanchez "wins" games. So stop contradicting yourself.

Right what coach is comfortable with a 24-10 lead in the 3rd quarter? If I'm the coach I'm gonna be aggressive to ADD TO THE LEAD. You put too much emphasis on a few plays at the end of a game. The defense got stops all throughout the game. The offense hardly did jackshit.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I would agree w/ you there but the D was given a double digit lead against a legendary choker.

that is your interpretation that you think I am saying he wins by himself.

the game was in the hands of the D late, they needed to prevent Pitt from getting two 1st downs, they could allow one and we'd have a chance. They failed.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You can pick apart any game from an offense and defense stand point in the NFL and in any loss there is a share of blame to go around.

What you want is a chance to win at the end of the game. the offense did its job and scored and needed a stop by our vaunted defense they did not get it. We had all the momentum and anybody watching that game new we would win if we got the ball back.

Your hate for Mark is just funny. I watched Geno and I watched Mark. Geno looked worse than Mark but can run. Neither of them (unless you count Mark in the playoffs) at this point look like they are the answer for the Jets.

The question is do you bring back Mark or a Vet? Mark is your Vet and is better than anybody you might get in FA. Geno needs to take a big step and it is his job to lose or you draft one of the big time prospects

6. JetsKickAss

He's not a choker at home....he's been mediocre on the road in the playoffs, that's all.

If Sanchez gets a chance to win the game...and does....even if we lose the Super Bowl to Green Bay, how much different is Jet history then ?

Please note that right away we got rid of Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery, and Braylon Edwards.....and Sanchez went to pot in 2011 when Mason was brought in and 2012 when Sparano was brought in.

7. JetsKickAss

Here's the Unasked Question: What if John Idzik doesn't want Sanchez to compete in 2014 not because of salary or past baggage, but because he knows that Woody Johnson does NOT want Sanchez on the team ?

Woody's body language is that he is personally betrayed by Sanchez not improving, them trading up for him, and the $8.5 MM extension. Remember, MT got fired because of that extension. And Woody said Mark needed to protect himself in the preseason game he got hurt in -- kinda callous if you ask me.

8. The 1985er

Right but then you can't say we won games because of Sanchez. But then in a loss you blame the defense. You basically have to make a choice. It's either give credit to Sanchez in wins since according to you he's "clutch" but then you have to blame Sanchez for the losses too. It's either one bro. You're not gonna get away with this kind of nitpicking.

As for the game if more plays were made it probably wouldn't come down to the defense needing a stop at the end.

9. nyjunc

Huh?

he helped us win.

so you are saying in wins I have to give all credit to D and in losses all blame to O?

10. The 1985er

Lol at this Skip Bayless diatribe. If the offense scores in the first half and Sanchez not turn the ball over to make the score. 24-0 it might not have to come down to the defense getting a stop at the end. But you apologists always seem to overlook that.

11. nyjunc

The D set the tone, a near 10 minute drive to start the game on a TD drive for Pitt, they were down 17-0 before you could blink. The last TD was the O's fault(though I still believe it was a forward pass) but they did come back and get a quick FG to minimize that play.

We were a D first team, when your best unit gets pounded it's hard to win.

12. The 1985er

My stance is that a team wins and loses a game. Not one person or unit solely wins or loses a game. Now don't get me wrong you have exceptions but for the most part I believe that you win as a team you lose as a team.

My point is that you said earlier that the defense were the strength of the team so blaming them was right according to you. So all I'm saying is that by that logic the defense should get the majority of the credit for the Colts and Patriots win.

13. nyjunc

The D does get the majority of the credit for those wins.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Here are some numbers:

It's not even noon and you've posted TWENTY times alone this morning?!!! Did a quick "find more posts by ncjunc" and came up with your posting times for this morning alone:

8:34
    8:36
    8:40
    8:42
    8:44
    8:48
    9:56
    10:06
    10:49
    10:51
    10:53
    10:56
    11:19
    11:20
    11:23
    11:33
    11:41
    11:45
    11:48
    11:48

Slow day in the mailroom?
    ncjunc, get back to work.

15. The 1985er

Okay the defense didn't do their job. Now let me paint a picture how awesome would it have been if the offense responded with a ten minute drive of their own? So now it's 7-7. Then the Steelers score again so it's 14-7, the offense score again it's 14-14. Then 17-14, then 17-17. Then the Jets offense score in the 3rd quarter and it's 24-17 then it's 27-17 Jets. Guess what the game doesn't have to come down to the D having to get one last stop at the end. Do you get IT now?

16. nyjunc

weak attempt again, at least keep in on topic. Just b/c you have hurt feelings from being humiliated trying to debate me doesn't mean you can derail threads w/ unfunny jokes.

again, you can be pretty funny but you the more angry you get about me the less humor comes across.

it was freezing that day, the O was on the sidelines an extra 10 mins of game time and they were expected to just go down and score a TD on the top ranked D? they did actually give our D a breather w/ a 4-5 min drive.

the bottom line is the game came down to a late stop needed and our D failed. Baltimore was in a similar spot a year ago at Denver, if their D doesn't get a stop they don't have a chance to throw that long TD and get the game to OT where they won it.

17. The 1985er

Okay that's fair.
    Lol at it was freezing is that the best you can do? It's the offense job to score. If you can blame the defense for giving up points but it's the offense job to score. If the game is different it doesn't come down to needing a stop at the end that's the point.

18. nyjunc

it is but this wasn't a dome game like at Indy this weekend, it was against a top D in very cold conditions. The conditions were better suited to run, Pitt ran it down our throats, we couldn't run. when we abandoned the run Mark and the pass O got us back in the game.

If SF doesn't hold GB to a FG yesterday does SF win? then they need a TD instead of a FG. Most games aren't 45-44 games, we had a great chance but our D couldn't get a critical stop.

19. The 1985er

"Mark and the O got us back in the game" then why couldn't Mark eventually get us a lead considering Pitt didn't score in the 2nd half? He had an entire 3rd and 4th quarter. This question is just based on your logic.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Face the music: you're slacking off.

Hurt feelings over being humiliated? Hahahaha...

I'm doing you a favor; do you want to hear this as a valuable suggestion or from your (pissed off) boss:

get back to work, slacker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.