Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

As much as I wanna give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt, heck lets face it. he took us to 2 straight championship games. one thing about him is he feeds like crazy off of the run/play action... no running game = crappy QB... give him a running game and heck he can play.

on the other hand he goes down like a girl way to many times (where Geno has been a breath of fresh air lately)... and damn he loves to cough up the ball I'm kind of torn but will not miss him if he is gone :)

#361 Jetsfansince95, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Those three mentioned are more starter material than what we currently have. That is all I'm saying at this point.

I love the fact that Geno improved a little towards the end of the year but at the same time I want competition brought in. Pretty much sums up my thought process.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Schaub is a tease. He has prototypical size and a lot of physical talent. It's the mental area that kills him. He just can't play under pressure.

Shaun Hill isn't as physically gifted as Schaub, but is smart, accurate, pretty consistent, and a good 2nd tier QB. He's not the type of QB that a team tries to build a team around. The same (not the type of QB to build a team around) goes for McCown and Orlovsky.

IMO McCown is MUCH better than Orlovsky. Orlovsky would be one of the last choices I'd ever make. McCown has gotten better with age. He's a quality backup and spot starter. I would be very happy for the Jets to sign either McCown or Hill to come in and compete with Geno for the starting spot. If they beat him out, fine. They will give pretty solid, consistent QB play. They're not the types to carry a team on their shoulders, are not gonna have 300 yard passing games consistently, but they're not gonna throw a lot of picks and beat themselves with bad decisions. Neither is the long term answer at QB obviously. If one of them beats Geno out in TC, we just have to hope that Geno will continue to work hard and develop, and that by some point in the season he will get an opportunity to play, will light it up, and will continue to start and play well from then on. If not, the Jets will be looking at drafting a QB in 2015.

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Fact of the matter is any guy we do get is a guy that wasn't wanted by his orig team for whatever the reason... we are not getting any top tier QBS lol.

I think sticking with Geno and bringing in a vet at a minimum as backup with talented skill players around Geno, and we should be fine.

Remember we just need an avg offense to compete as I think our secondary will be much improved and our D line well ya...

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The thing is I'm not opposed to bringing in Shaun Hill etc. My point is that Schaub is the best available QB. He's in the same boat with Sanchez in the sense that he flamed out with his original team. I think a change if scenery could do him good. He's a guy that has had success and has put up numbers. He'd be the perfect QB to push Geno. He's a former starter et al.

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Houston is NOT Schaub's original team. You don't "flame" out when you have a HOF caliber WR and potential HOF caliber RB. Add into the mix a fantastic TE in Daniels and a top flight defense. I can understand Sanchez's flameout...sub par Offensive Coordinators and marginal to good talent. Not Schaub. Schaub had the IDEAL scenario and blew it.

7. The 1985er

It's the team he had his success with. And once again there are factors out of his control that contributed to the Texans lack of success. You're sounding like Skip Bayless right now. Acting as if football is tennis or golf. If you want to compare Schaub as an individual player to Sanchez as an individual player then fine.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"God awful" is a stretch for even for the most fervid Sanchez hater. He had 1 God awful play but aside from that he was pretty good.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Actually they did and held the ball for 4 mins to give the D a little rest. They actually converted 3 1st downs on that first drive after the 9 minute TD drive to open the game by Pitt.

Mark was top 10 good when he had his most talented team(still not an elite set of weapons but a good one).

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Geno has a higher ceiling then Mark is what its all about. You're delusional if you really felt like Mark won the job. If he did, then why wasn't it announced? Explain that one wise guy.Why was he put in at the end of the Giants game in garbage time? He may of had slightly better stats but he was expected to play lights out because he was awful the previous 2 years.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It seems a lot of those oppose to the idea of bringing him back with a low cap number to compete often make reference to their personal feelings. I'd like you and the others in the opposition side to put those feelings aside temporarily and provide a non-emotional argument on why it's a bad football move? An argument that doesn't include fans might boo, "toxic", hurting Geno's psyche...etc.

12. The 1985er

But did they score? Football is a TEAM sport. The defense failed and so did the offense. By not scoring points which is the job of the offense, the defense failed because they didn't get stops. If the offense score at least 10 points and Sanchez not turn the ball over. At the half it's 10-17. If the D holds them to no points in the 2nd half like they did, and the Jets score that Holmes TD it's 17-17. Then on that looooooong drive the Jets score a field goal instead of having to go for it on 4th down its 20-17. Who knows how the game plays out under this scenario.

13. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

I don't even know where to start with this.

It wasn't announced because no starting position was announced through training camp until the start of the season. Not even for pro-bowlers like Mangold. Everyone was competing. They still won't name starters before they have to, As is evident by neither Rex nor Idzik saying Geno will be the started for next season even now. Idzik preaches competition and if they named a starter before they had to it helped no one. I don't know how you can honestly say that Geno "won" the job in TC.

He was put in at the end of the Giants game because Rex ( and to an lesser extent Woody ) takes those games with the Giants way more seriously then they should. Rex said himself he put Mark in there because he wanted to win the game. You make it sound like they put him in purposefully to get him hurt?

That was a mistake on Rex's part and everyone knows it. Saying that is "proof" that Mark didn't win the job is just ridiculous.

Besides, Even if Geno does actually have a higher ceiling,.. You don't play him through his rookie year because of that. You play the best QB you have on the roster right now. Not to who has the higher ceiling. Even if you truly believe Geno has the higher ceiling you absolutely do not start him after the preseason he had. He would have better off sitting holding the clipboard and learning the speed of the NFL game any then maybe taking over half way through the season if Sanchez faltered.

Who's the delusional one here? So many of you guys are all blinded by your idiotic hatred of Sanchez. Take your emotions out of the equation for 10 f'ing seconds and you'll see that.

14. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

This... So many times, this.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

There isn't one. It not only makes sense, it seems like the only choice. A no brainer.

16. The 1985er

I remember a few years ago when I said that Schotty had to go. And it wasn't because I thought he was bad. He's actually a decent NFL OC. I felt he had to go because we ended to see who was holding who back. The Jets brought in Sparano who some posters called the best offseason acquisition because he's an "upgrade" over Schotty. Sanchez wound up bombing (some of it out of his control) and Sparano got the blame for Sanchez poor play. So after thinking about it. I hope Sanchez lands with a team next year with all the best weapons and defense and coaching. I want no more excuses.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They both failed w/o a doubt but the strength of our team failing was bigger and them allowing Pitt to dictate that first half was the difference.

if we scored in the 1st half how do you know Pitt doesn't score in the 2nd half? that changes their mindset and plan of attack. The only time they needed to do anything they were able to do so, once we got it back w/in a score they needed 2 1st downs and got them.

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Not only that...but if we re-build Sanchez's trade value and sign him to a multi-year cap friendly deal (he wants to stay in NY I believe)....we could trade him (assuming we think Geno vs. Sanchez is close to a wash) and get a 2nd round pick, maybe low-1st rounder to a team needing a QB.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Bradford hasn't done much as a #1 overall....and Stafford ? My god......Sanchez gets ripped more for a preseason game than Stafford has gotten for blowing 6 games down the stretch WITH the best WR in the game.

If that happened in NY, Sanchez would be in Witness Protection.

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we lost that game going 4 and out at the goal line. sanchez was terrible and it handcuffed us. any other qb in football and we win that game easily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.