Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if JAX has the success part down. The starting job, maybe. The success, ehh. It's tough. I always thought somewhere like SF as a backup would be great for Sanchez but they traded for Blaine Gabbert

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

As for the Tebow plays you're right they were clueless. But TT was only allowed to throw eight passes all season. And I think two series the entire year. No way Timmy would have been worse than Mark. And with his track record for winning (ugly) games in the clutch with Denver what would they have lost in 2012 giving Timmy a true opportunity to play. You can toss all of the bombs you want at the guy but he should be on an NFL roster or at least get a try out. You don't have to devise an entire offense around the guy. Just let him try out as a Qb. The bottom line with Tony and Mark is that Tony gave Mark the ball. A lot of coaches would have benched him.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Another possible destination for Mark could be Carolina. With Cam out for two months and maybe more they could be looking for another veteran Qb. Of course they have no receivers so the Sanchize fans would have a built in excuse for failure.

#3423 pclfan, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nobody is going to trade for Sanchez..nobody. If they were then Oakland or Houston would have already done so. It's the same problem as with all these potential trades, his contract is too big and they know in the end he will get cut anyway. If he does somehow restructure with the Jets then that is when I see a trade possibly happening.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Vick is reportedly visiting the Jets this weekend according to ESPN. I still feel Vick is more of a distraction that would set Geno back in any progress he might make.

It would be a disaster at QB if Vick is brought in. He has stated he wants to start, he doesn't want to sit on the bench, he is 34 and only has a small window to start, if Smith does play poorly they will be rushed to put in Vick, and once you do that you can't go back and yo yo your QBs. Just too much bad. Let Sanchez and Smith battle it out and see if either is even trade bait for 2015.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why is it that anyone who is competition for Mark a distraction. Vick is not going to be promised a starting job if he signs and he knows that. He was replaced by Foles last year and was a good teammate. As a matter of fact the Eagles want him to return. He helped Foles. Sure he wants to start what's wrong with that. And would play significant time if Geno struggles. The days of guaranteed starting jobs for Qbs are hopefully gone after the Sanchez failures. The problem with signing Vick is he probably will want too much money. He was making ten and probably won't sign for under five. And chances are Idzik won't give him that in straight salary. Probabaly a conditional deal with more money per start.

7. Don

Paying him on a per start basis would be a disaster..especially if he outplays smith in camp and smith still gets the starting nod.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why is everything a disaster or a distraction if it means Mark is out of the picture. A lot of players get incentive clauses based on playing time in their contracts. You don't want to give him big money up front. He wasn't a distraction with the Eagles last season even though he was really their starting Qb who was replaced by Foles. Look I think there are alternatives to Mike Vick like Orton and a few other guys, Of course if Vick doesn't sign the reporters will be all over Idzik for being indecisive. I hope he doesn't care what they think.

9. Don

It has nothing to do with Sanchez who will be gone anyway, it has to do with a QB controversy, an unhappy QB on the bench and a media field day because of it.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The thing is Idzik is trying to create competition esp at Qb. Geno really should have been benched last year. That three game stretch with a 10 or under QBR is one of the worst in NFL history. Geno has not been named the starter and if beaten out won't play. It's a different approach. In the past with Mark he was always handed the starters job and was never benched no matter how poorly he played. It's called accountability. It's a better approach. Why do you have to lose (and develop a player) to win. Play the guy (as we've heard ad infinitum from Rex) who gives you the best chance to win now. And that wasn't Mark.

11. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

No one is trading for sanchez

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

But bro TIMMY IS WORSE, and please stop acting like he is some sort of a NFL quarterback already. The great Brady had issues with his receivers last season and he looked human. SO if Brady had issues with poor receivers what do you think a combination Sparsucko and the revolving door at WR would produce? Sparano hire was one of the worse in Jets history.

13. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

??? How is that different than with Sanchez? Like if Sanchez failed and Smith is brought and fails too, what difference does that make in comparison to Vick being there in terms of Smiths development and I guess media speculation? (which we care about why?)

is the very IDEA of competition a distraction or just Vick? because I could argue Sanchez would just as much of one if not more if put into the same place.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Bro just by saying Timmy is worse doesn't prove it. If the guy was only given 8 passes and 2 series how can you say he was worse than Mark who is horrible. Because on the field he wasn't worse. As for Brady he worked with the receivers and got production out of their offense. No one expects Mark to be as good as Brady but what about a little leadership and doing the best with the talent you have. And not just using everything in the world as an excuse. But it's not Mark making excuses it's his fans.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

what team is Tebow on again where he is tearing it up? No matter how bad you perceive Sanchez to be it does not make Tebow better. You earn the right to play in practice. Tebow earned the right not to play.

#3435 cval, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Bro I never said TT is better than Mark. I just said he never got a chance with the Jets and Mark should have been benched. He was playing horribly. Based on his previous success with the Broncos what did they have to lose. As far as I'm concerned Tim is being blackballed. There is no reason he should not have even had a tryout with an NFL team last year considering the lack of Qbs. He's a Heisman Trophy winner and considered to be one of the great NCAAF players of all time. That doesn't always translate to success in the NFL. But it should at least get you an opportunity to try out. There is a reason behind this other than his skill set. I don't know what it is (politics, religion, etc.) It's easy to say a guy can't play in the NFL. But it has to be proven on the field not by just saying he's a non NFL player.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

So we should've taken out a bad QB in Sanchez to replace him with a worse one in Tebow? At least McElroy was an NFL caliber QB and when it came time to bench Sanchez they made the right choice going with Greg.

18. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Tim is being blackballed lmao, the Denver defense had nothing to do the games they won. He is not a NFL quarterback. Why the fuck am I still talking about a non quarterback who went to more than his share of qb gurus and still can't fucking throw.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Dude, if you're so bent out of shape about Tim then you don't have to reply. I guess the Denver defense won that game in the last seconds against us that basically knocked the Jets out of the playoffs. Even third string scrubs who played for Valdosta State are signing with NFL teams. No reason to have a panic attack because he's not going to be on the Jets.

#3439 pclfan, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A) "Blackballed" is a fantasy without an explanation.
    B) If you're such a TT fan why don't you know he spent ten weeks with the Patriots last summer? They know he sucked too.
    C) Close to a billion dollars worth of scouting, coaching and management personnel in the NFL have decided he can't perform any job they have open.
    D) The Tebow thread has been closed for a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.