Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have stayed far far away from this thread because i find that once i get involved in sancho debate its virtually impossible for me to stop. i am sure its all the same stuff that was in the sanchez sucks, just sucks thread so i am going to stay away again and just drop in every few weeks to get a little chuckle. its much much better that way.

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

That article is really dead on. Cutler is already gone for for a ton of money. Schaub is going to want to get paid. Sanchez wasn't washed up in 2013 0 he got hurt after doing enough to win the starting job. He can easily come back and compete with Geno and maybe a 3rd round pick to be the QB. If Geno can prove he improved in the off season with better weapons and he wins the job great - we have a starter and a viable option backing him up. If Sanchez beats him out again well you know Geno will never be the man and it is better to find out sooner rather than later.

Sanchez isn't elite, but we aren't going to find an elite QB in 2014. We need a serious option that can start for the Jets and Sanchez is probably the best option when you look at the list of 34 + year old former starters turned backups and younger guys that have never been a starter except for spot duty now and again in their careers.

3. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Yes. Absolutely positive. Sanchez is the girlfriend Jets fans just can't let go.

4. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

So...

1. You want to risk losing the cap money that could be saved on Sanchez by keeping him
    2. You're considering that in a WR heavy draft, to spend a highly valuable 3rd round pick on a quarterback
    3. You think that if Sanchez would beat Geno, Geno will never be the answer... after his rookie season... while Sanchez starts his 5th while healthy?
    Yeah.
    That totally makes sense.
    :up:

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he also managed to claim that sancho won the competition in which there was never a winner announced.

6. 85inthehall

Who out there thinks Geno earned the starting job? Come on.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Don't know about bullets 2 and 3 but in regards to the first bullet according to overthecap.com we would not lose the cap space. I was under the impression per TGG posted that overthecap.com was a reputable site.

8. 85inthehall

1) they would lose an extra $2 million, but if they keep him on the roster the 4.8 million accelerated cap hit doesn't apply and the 2 million + $1.6 million actually saves them $1,200,000 in 2014. The key would be reworking the big salary number.

2) I think they will spend their second 3rd or 4th round pick on a QB.

3) If Sanchez beats out Geno again - and yes he beat him out this season - with all the weapons they add then you re-think Geno a bit. He is a second round pick and he is still cheap. So maybe he sits and learns a little . if he can't beat out Sanchez and Sanchez gives them the best chance to win I want him on the field, if geno wins the starting job I want him on the field. I don't want to say you can't let him battle Sanchez because if Sanchez wins the job that sucks. If Geno can't win the job against any QBs on the roster in 2014 he shouldn't be starting.

#308 85inthehall, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  9. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

If you read the article you'd see that what they're saying is they can / will restructure him so that it doesn't cost them money. Basically if they lower his salary to a $2Mil incentives deal it will save them money.

Regardless of all this, There's absolutely no reason to not want him on the roster next year. If he works out and beats Geno we're set at QB for 2 years and Geno can learn and we can focus on drafting playmakers to surround them both. If the lights come on for Geno and he beats Sanchez, We're set at QB for 2 years and we can focus on drafting playmakers to surround him and then wait for a QB to come to us in the draft / grooming process, or keep Sanchez around because he'll know he's a backup ( or can be traded if he keeps up solid play ) .

There's no better player to go and "compete" with and push Geno for his spot then the previous owner that claimed to have won the job in TC.

10. legler82

Overthecap.com may lose a lot of fans with this article. Sanchez haters don't play.

11. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

And there you have it... the Sanchez Sucks Just Sucks-thread all over again.

12. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I bet they don't.

Can you even imagine the crowd's reaction to Mark's first interception at MetLife?

13. 85inthehall

Jet fans would boo the pope

14. legler82

In order to imagine this scenario, I would have to imagine that Sanchez would win the competition. According to the vast majority of fans and TGG posters, Sanchez sucks just sucks. So, I can't imagine the crowd's reaction to Mark's first INT at Metlife as he would not have a chance to throw another INT at Metlife since he would not win the competition as he sucks just sucks.

15. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

As they should.
    If anyone deserves a booing, it's the fucking Pope. :grin:

16. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

If that's your imagination's limitation, your childhood must've been a big bag of fun... :wink:

Imagine you're in a rock band, kid - you're on stage and...
    - Nope. Sorry sir, I just can't imagine that. I can't sing, and I can't play any instrument, nor do I have the desire to. There is no possibility for me to imagine that.

But you don't hav...
    - I'm saying that I can't imagine that.

Ok!

Anyway, my impression is that Mark could be however good he wants to be in the preseason and TC - if the same ol' Mark Sanchez shows up when the season starts and throw his first interception, it will be irrelevant - the crowd would go absolutely apeshit.

#316 Swedish Ale, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The fumbles are Sanchez's problem not the interceptions. The interceptions would have been corrected under Marty and a competent game plan. Did I miss Geno not throwing interceptions.

Do you people really not realize that Marty had to dumb down the playbook dramatically for Geno and had some brilliant game plans. Can you say that for Sparano?

Geno has a full off season and year two to learn the offense and make improvements. He very well could and should and should be the starter heading into camp. What Geno did not prove is that he is the answer and if the Jets go into 2014 with at least an another option other than Geno this team is more dysfunctional than I thought. Is that Sanchez who knows seems to be the best option.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's the ultimate team game where the most important position on the field is QB. It's one thing if we are discussing awful teams but Joe and O'Brien had some really good teams around them to win more, why didn't they? b/c those QBs failed.

why do all of Cutler's teams fail? b/c of the QB

why does NE had 5 SB trips and 3 wins and Indy/Den 2 SB trips and 1 win? b/c of the QBs.

well mark took the team Favre couldn't get to the playoffs(w/ a weaker sched and no Brady by the way) and helped get them to the AFC Championship Game.

mark saw Manning not be able to finish the job(as usual) in the '10 WC game and did what Peyton couldn't do at home in 2005.

But we know any QB could have won w/ the HOF talent we had at every position around the QB. mark was just along for the ride:rofl2:

I was talking strictly in terms of SBs, I hear how Joe won one and Mark didn't. If Mark had the luxury of one home game w/ a bye to the title game he's have multiple SBs by now, if Joe had to win 3 games to get to the SB he'd have zero and his legacy would be nothing more than a loudmouth who couldn't get it done but b/c his D almost pitched a shutout in the SB Joe is somehow an all time great.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Since U cannot prove any of what U posted U R starting 2014 off just like U have every other year with total BS & speculation IMHO

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Everything you say is all speculation and nothing but an opinion. Nowhere was it ever confirmed Sanchez beat out Geno. Sanchez was god awful in the preseason as well. Did you forget his INT in Detroit? That happens all too often with him. Quit with the nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.