Are You Rooting Chad On?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, Apr 11, 2006.

?

Do you support Chad?

1. I'm a huge fan of him.

73.8%
  2. I don't really care anymore.

16.3%
  3. I'm undecided...

9.9%
  1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

i think he has enough desire to be a great player, that he can come back and perform...

but it's his last chance for sure..almost 30

2. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Cant argue with that, but who was crazy enough to let him back when he wasn't healed, Jees, we are a pro team with more medical people and health and conditioning coaches than a small country, Chad loves the team and is always desperate to play and is the reason I think he will be back stronger than ever, I still believe in him big time.

3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

i wish the Jets would have cut him. He has pop warner arm, gets injured walking down the street, and now he has a twice-shredded shoulder. pitchers seldom come back from rotator cuff injuries. i can see chad's downfield (20 yard) passes getting more hangtime than a Ben Graham punt.

he's also the reason Santana Moss is no longer a Jet.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Right. It was from my 2004 Year in Review Thread, scanned in from the same thing, now down the gg toilet. :( , you ain't kidding.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    His header against Buffalo. Holy Cr*p, where's the eyewash.

5. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

He's going to be awesome at holding a clipboard for his next 1.5 - 2 seasons he has left in the NFL. I'll be interesting to see what quarterback desperate team takes a flier on him in a few years.

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Wow ~80% support him. Nice.

7. boomer

boomer Active Member

I admit, my heart interferes with my head's decision on what should be done about him. I know he's as fragile as a piece of glass and has a noodle arm. But he's a proven leader and a class act. I'll always remember what he did for the team in 2002, when everyone said he was going to be the next Joe Montana. I hope he can make a full recovery and return to that form again, but I just don't know if that's possible anymore.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad is easy to root for, I always root for class acts and there is not a bigger class act in the league(a guy like Curtis is his equal) so I will always root for him.

9. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

how can you say he will be a starter, is he even throwing yet?

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yes, he is well ahead of his '05 pace.

11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If he was just a normal guy whom was like any other QB (personality wise)...then would we all still cheer for him?

hmmmm...

12. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I think he is done but I hope he proves me wrong he is one of my favs and I will rout for him. It wont take to long into training camp to figure out where we stand with him

13. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

I'm a huge fan of Penny. Hopefully he can make a speedy recovery and be the biggest comeback story in quite some time. The guy was on the verge of becomming a great QB before all the injuries set in. How anyone can talk shit about Chad is beyond me. He's given everything he has to this team and has put his career on the line multiple times just to give us a better chance to win. You have to admire the guy.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Further than I would go, but he certainly looks good in that photo.

15. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I rooted him on last year and got burned. Not going through that again. I hope he comes back and plays great, but in reality it probably won't happen.

16. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I will always be a Chad fan but coming back from two rotator cuff surgeries may be too much to ask for.

17. Hazardous Waters

Chad Pennington is the one guy that people should root for this year on the Jets.

18. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I don?t see why anyone in their right mind doubts him ? he did have those 9 or 10 great games back in 02.

I guess if you?re not looking forward to starting the season with a quarterback who has been a total disappointment since I cant remember when ? then you?re just not a ?Real? Jets fan.

Besides - he's only 30 now; I?m betting if the NFL continues to rewrite the rule book making it more and more impossible to legally touch the quarterback ? Chad could have his first complete season before he turns 32.

19. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

I'd love to see him comeback to his original form, but I'm pretty burnt out rooting for him at this point. I have a pretty good feeling that we will never see 2002Chad ever again. Nobody aside from the most optimistic Jets fans think he'll have a comeback.

Although this is one instance where I'd really love to be wrong.

I'll say undecided.

20. QBKILLER94

QBKILLER94 New Member

I'd love to see Chad rebound and finally stay healthy. He a great leader when he's not injured. However, I'm getting impatient. If he has another injury plagued season or he doesn't produce on the field this year then I think the Jets have to cut him and start anew.