Are you comfortable with our WRs?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JETS1116, Apr 24, 2013.

?

Do you have faith in our WRs this year?

1. Holmes, Hill and Kerley are good enough

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. We need some help

41 vote(s)
    70.7%
  1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I think that it would provide competition and help our offense. Marginally. We barely have a competent backup at TE let alone starter. Our RT is most likely ish and it would be a miracle if the two current guards wouldn't get destroyed if they were the starters. No real OLB. Maybe between Landry, Bush and Allen we have one starting safety. We can't use one of our most valuable assets on competition or a marginally better starter. We need the first 3 picks to be #1 starters and hopefully get 4 or 5 starters in total. The only WR that can change our offense in a way that we probably couldn't do next year is Austin, so that's the only top pick I'd burn on it. A WR in the 4th or 5th could provide that needed depth very adequately at comparatively no cost.

2. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

We need depth and this is a deep class. Injuries do happen and I don't want to see Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens, and Mardy Gilyard type players high up on the depth chart anymore.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The need is definitely there to draft a WR, but don't count on big contributions from him this season.
    I'm hoping Hill makes strides in his 2nd year but as another poster said, Holmes is a big ? Coming off that surgery and how long he remains on the roster at that $ remains to be seen.
    I'd like to see us pick up a solid vet to fill the #4 slot.

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

All the more incentive to wait a while and use a mid rounder. Might wind up with a very useful backup. Austin and/or day 3. Hopefully nothing in between.

5. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Austin is a great choice, all I can think about is now he's mainly a slot receiver and Kerley is coming off a career year

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Nothing personal, but this idea that Austin is a slot receiver is driving me crazy. That totally undersells what he's capable of.

He CAN play inside. He can also play outside. He can line up out of the backfield. He can return kicks and punts. He's a threat to hit a home run every single time he touches the ball. We were begging for someone like him last year.

So... characterizing him as a slot receiver... ugh.

7. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

If Tavon Austin is there at 9, they must take him. He is lightning quick and super elusive. A true playmaker. People that just categorize him as a slot WR are ridiculous. He's amazing out of the slot, yes. But he can play outside. He's a weapon out of the backfield.

For a team that completely lacks playmakers, he's a must draft type player. BEST player in the draft. Defenses will have to gameplan for this guy. We currently don't have a guy like that on our roster.

Pull this post when we pass on him and he's destroying teams.

8. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Being that I don't watch College Football when it comes to prospects I read a lot of articles. So that's where I got the idea he was a slot guy

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I agree. It isn't often you get the opportunity to get a player with his talent. The Jets can't bank on getting someone like him later. If he's there at 9, take him.

10. Short of a massive trade down package the Jets can't afford to pass on Tayvon Austin. It's been too big of a need for too long.

11. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

With all that being said, it looks like the Rams will try to trade up to get Austin.