Are we getting a little over the top with the Breece Hall excuse?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 9, 2023.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think we're talking past each other somewhat. I'm not saying the scheme is bad necessarily, but that it might not be the best thing to be employed given the players they have right now. And it doesn't really matter if there are guys open, if they can't score points what good is it? You can say "We need to upgrade the QB" but that's easier said than done. Plus maybe the QB isn't the biggest problem. Maybe it's an OC insisting that the players he actually has can't execute the plays consistently.

And yeah, maybe the players aren't talented enough...yet. Maybe some of them have to learn and develop more. Maybe, just like you arguing that we shouldn't just chuck the entire CS out and start over again, we should've chuck young players who still have potential aside before they've done everything they can to unlock that potential.

As to running the wildcat, frankly watching yesterday's game I would've loved to see them bring in Strev or Zach to do just that, at least for a few plays just to try and get something going.

NY Jets68 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

In the media you had ESPN ranked them 30th preseason, SI had them at 26, PFF at 25, BR had them at 27

Even on here, with too many overly optimistic posters, the "The Official Predict The 2021 New York Jets Schedule/Record Thread" most were saying 5-8 wins max.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

This, at the time of the injury you could say that Jets lost their 2 best offensive players for the season consecutive plays. Afterward the emergence of Garrett Wilson, makes it not as clear they are the top 2, but without a doubt we lost 2 of our 3 best players on that side of the ball.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I also wanted Allgeier. There was no way he wasn’t going to be a productive NFL back. Dude is a more aggressive AJ Dillon.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Pacheco looks like a baller.

I like his play.

7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This pretty much sums it up. We obviously had QB issues all season as well. Just have to be more consistent, and better prepared next season. Right people in the proper places, cause injuries will happen again. If we have the right guys in certain areas even with some injuries we can be a playoff team.

8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

While I agree that it shouldn’t be an excuse and main reason why the Jets didn’t make the playoffs, because no one really step up especially Carter. But put Breece in the Minny game, and the last Miami game, that’s a 2 win difference. Enough to earn the playoffs?

PJ4Ever likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

lit of successes in those RBs. That said I wouldn’t mind drafting another RB in 4th/5th round. Carter by the way is disappointing. Can’t count on him.

#89 MDJets, Jan 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  10. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Touche'

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When's the last time the Jets executed a running play the defense was not expecting?

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The sting of the epic failure of the final six games is wearing off on me a little bit, so I am trying to get my usual optimistic feeling back. It will take time. You have made some good points to make me see the positive side of the 2022 season, but I still feel they should have finished stronger. Saleh agrees, as he made the team "Finish" shirts. He loves slogans and gimmicks. :D I don't. I am more like Al Davis. Just win baby!

I had been preaching that 2023 would be the big year for the Jets, where they would finally compete for a Super Bowl. Might have to move that to 2024 at this rate, but hopefully they are competing for a playoff spot at least. If not, we start over again.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So you think that MLF Is just predictable with the run game and our shitty OL had nothing to do with It? Is that what I'm gathering from you?

I'd love to see the run breakdown post BH. From my perspective, It didn't matter what down, which direction, zone or power. We got shit on.

I'm trying to find that breakdown but I'm failing to do so. It's not like we ran up the middle every time. We didn't run on first down every time.

This feels exaggerated.

When the OL can't generate any kind of push In the run game, It's going to fail.

14. Ralebird

Why would you gather that? Have I ever indicated all is well on the offensive line? Feel free to run with whatever scenario you dream up but keep me out of it unless you get some kicks from putting words in other people's mouths and exposing yourself as a bad fiction writer.

15. IIMeanDeanII

If I was proclaiming you had said that, then that would be putting words In your mouth.

See the questions, followed by question marks?

Yeah. I don't even remember why I was questioning It now. It wasn't personal, I can tell you that.

Anyway. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No big deal.

Bad fiction writer?

Alright dude. Not sure where all that's coming from. I was genuinely trying to figure out where you stood on the topic. Go reread my post. Wasn't saying you said anything..

16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I would be in favour of this, especially as Breece is unlikely to be at his best until 2024. The stable of runners we have at present doesn't cut it. Of course, that disaster of an o-line is a factor again. If that became NFL quality then maybe our current stable of backs would look better. But overall I would be looking from round 4 if there was a good one available.

heartpumpsgreen and Cman68 like this.
  17. Ralebird

All you need to do to tell where I stand is to read what I wrote without trying to overthink it or add to it from your own imagination.

18. IIMeanDeanII

Okay. First of all.

Stop speaking In riddles. If I'm wrong about my assumption. Usually It works best to say that I'm wrong and then state where you stand. Then we could both move on.

Mistakes happen. My reading comprehension clearly wasn't there. I didn't even bother reading what you wrote again because of the way you are acting now. I don't care enough.

Instead. We are here, you are clearly bothered by something that I don't understand.

I was wrong. Cool.

Good to know.

I'm moving on now, I wasn't trying to paint whatever picture you think I'm trying to paint of you. Just a misunderstanding.

Either accept that or don't.

I don't care enough to play this game with you.

bicketybam likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Yes, and the solution is very simple, just stop making assumptions. I speak for me, you speak for you and everything is fine. Thank you.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

I am who I am as well. If I assume, It's because I feel a reason to do so. If I'm wrong, oh well. I'm wrong. Thank you as well.

Ralebird likes this.