Are the Jets a LOCK to take a WR at 10?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 9, 2022.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm not even that old and this is roughly how I feel. It's been 11 straight years ranging from utter crap to mediocrity. The AFC championship games with Rex feel like they happened during a different lifetime.

At a certain point we've seen 99% of the excuses too often to fall for them anymore. I'd love to support a winning, competent Jets franchise, but it's going to take a lot of convincing that they are one at this point. I could support another team but that would feel hollow.

Br4d, boozer32 and PJ4Ever like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's possible to root for a team to succeed while simultaneously being extremely frustrated with them for making similar mistakes ad nauseam. Mistakes that prevent them from ever consistently succeeding for any length of time.

Brad has forgotten more about football than most of this board has ever known. I don't agree with him about everything but you guys are way too harsh when he's consistently proven to be right more often than wrong over the years.

Ralebird and PJ4Ever like this.
  3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Please provide me with some of those hot takes so I can appreciate him as much as you do.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a lock. it's likely but JD will also take what the draft gives him and has a lot of flexibility. depending who falls it's possible we don't take a WR at 10 but also possible he moves up from 35 for a WR he really likes or has enough of them he likes that he sits back at 35 and gets one. we have 4 premium picks and really 3 urgent needs (DT, EDGE, WR) so he does have an extra pick to play with for value in those 1st 38 and the ability to package 35 + 69 to get up to the early 20s in the 1st

boozer32 likes this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say a lock but it's close

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Once the needle goes in it never comes out

KingRoach and Doreblade like this.