Are the Jets a LOCK to take a WR at 10?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 9, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

No. If anyone wants to place a bet for WR at 10, pm me

Section 336 likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s all about the 10 yard split really.. I wonder where Burks ranked there. He was so explosive with the ball in his hand too. His football speed on tape shows a much faster player. Running in shorts and running in pads are very different. Plus he catches everything… he had 3 drops all year and that’s with a strong arm QB similar to Wilson.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The 10 yard split is important, and Burks graded well there for his weight, though not nearly as well as Metcalf. 10 yard split matters about the same as the vertical though, which Burks was below average at.

The point remains that he's not comparable to Metcalf as an athlete. Metcalf was the most athletic WR prospect since Calvin Johnson 15 years ago and in some ways was more athletic than Johnson.

None of this is to say I really dislike Burks as a prospect or anything. I think he's fine. I prefer Wilson and London but I don't dislike Burks. I just feel the need to push back on this persistent narrative that he's some insane athlete even though we have a lot of evidence he isn't.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  4. KingRoach

We can all agree we want to put him on a position to succeed but we don’t agree on what he needs to be in that position.

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Not comparing them athletically. I’m saying it’s a similar situation as DK dropped from a top 15 pick to the last pick in the 2nd round. It actually blew me away he fell because of that. I also think not running too many routes in college hurt him too. AJ was the target on short and intermediate routes and DK ran a lot of the back shoulder and deep passing routes. It was still a shock.

I got the same feeling with Burks. He just has that it factor and backed it up in the SEC. I got a bad feeling if we pass on him he’s going to be the best player in the draft like the film shows.

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would say the chances of not drafting a receiver at 10 are way higher than drafting one.
    I see the Jets going D with both picks or D and an OT.

While the Jets have made some possible improvements to Oline, TE and DBs through free agency, it is nowhere near enough to compete.
    If the Jets stay put at WR we still have enough there to see if Zach I’d FQB material. I personally do not think he is.
    I think Elijah Moore is going to be something special, Michael Carter too.

westiedog1 and KingRoach like this.
  7. KingRoach

100%
    We need depth on the O
    We need starters on D

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's a great way to look at it, I agree. And since you get starters in round 1 & 2, and depth in the other rounds, I think it's clear how they should approach the draft. Defense on day 1 & 2

BacktoQueens and KingRoach like this.
  9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

One big caveat though, we badly need top-level talent period. That lack of talent top level talent means guy you believe is a perennial pro bowler is a top priority almost irrelevant of position.

Ralebird and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

11. KingRoach

On O we have several pieces in place, at least we hope we do. We don’t even have a “hope” on D.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Honestly, if we take a WR, get all the pieces and Wilson ain't it...We'll be plug and play ready...lol

I don't feel comfortable w/any of these guys but we have options....many options so.

Noam likes this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would like a Williams/Pickens pairing for the Jets.

14. KingRoach

All prospects come with risk. If you can find players with no risk, I’ll find you a job in the FO

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The list I was talking about are RISKY.

There are plenty of safe picks in this draft. Some of them will succeed and some will fail but they won't do that due to known injury conditions or failure to produce at optimum levels in college or just as bad fits for the current QB.

I have no confidence in Joe Douglas ability to make the right picks at this point. His moves often look ok in a vacuum but that's exactly what they are: moves made in a vacuum with no connection to the other moves made around them.

16. KingRoach

Have you considered becoming a fan of a team you like? That’s what most people do; they find a team they like, and become fans. Check it out.

I can’t tell who hates the Jets more, you or TB12

Nyjets4eva, Noam and PJ4Ever like this.
  17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Dude has made 33,000 posts about something that makes him miserable.

Nyjets4eva and KingRoach like this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It's just more evidence of the mental health crisis this country is facing. He is lunatic troll number one on this board which has more than it's fair share of unstable angry voices. He has let his pathological hate of everything he dislikes about the Jets consume him and turn him into a pathetic, drooling, angry psychopath who is incapable of reason or rational thought.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've been a fan of a team I liked.

That team has become total shit over the last decade and I'm not a kid who blindly adores his team any more.

You should take a close look at the team you like and ask yourself why you like them.

REVISion likes this.
  20. KingRoach

You are certainly not someone who blindly adores his team but an argument can be made that you blindly hate a team.

Why are you here? I hate idiots but you don’t see me posting on a trump forum. Find a team you like and go have fun on their message board. Sounds better than spreading misery here.