Are the 2019 Pats overrated?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 17, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's the point...as long as the Patriots have BB and Brady, they can't be overrated.

BrickcityJet likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I get that logic, and i don't disagree but it's not like they aren't unbeatable. lets not forget brady lost 3 SBs to a combo of eli manning and nick foles. they should have lost to Seattle if pete caroll wasn't an idiot and tried to be too cute with the play calls and atlanta was stomping them out the 1st half. 2 of their 1st 3 superbowls were dumb luck (tuck rule and all) things seem to always go their way for the most part. they aren't an unbeatable juggernaut like people make them out to be. and they aren't as good as they were last year either

3. just slay the dragon.Nothing else matters.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you're shouting?

If this is true, that could make a huge difference, but it's still Brady, and the benefit the refs give him and the Pats is tough to beat.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the Pats are over rated. We'll know more about that on Tuesday.

But this may be my last chance to talk smack about NE this season.

So in the spirit of The Crimson Bolt I'll say, "SHUT UP PATRIOTS!"

[​IMG]

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Pats have certainly earned their reputation and deserve the benefit of the doubt that they are likely as good as their performance has indicated. But anyone with even the slightest bit of honesty would know that their performance definitely exaggerated by the horrible quality of opponents they have faced.

I think this will come back to haunt them in the post season when they play far tougher competition and they aren’t able to execute on the level they will be used to during the season where they clearly have an easy schedule.

sackexchange likes this.
  8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Not overrated in the sense that there is a huge gap between them and the next level tier of teams in the NFL. Not even sure if there is a team that belongs in the same tier as them currently. There just don't seem to be any other truly elite teams this year. Not buying into SF just yet.

9. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

They aren’t overrated. They’re a very good football team with an exceptional quarterback and HC. When their reign is over, they’ll go down as one of the greatest dynasties in the NFL. There are a few asterisks in there of course. *cough cough* spygate, deflating balls, etc.

It is what it is. It makes football a little boring, knowing they’re that dominant and in most cases they’re going to win another SB. I’m a Yankees fan, so I know what it feels like to root for a dominant team. It comes to an end at some point...f’n Astro’s.

It just sucks for us as Jets fans because they’re in the same conference as us and that’s the hurdle we’ll have to overcome. It’s a pretty big hurdle, not to mention the past history we have with Belichick, we were the ones that put Bledsoe in the hurt locker and Spawned Brady in the first place.

Theyre not overrated. They have a winning culture and a win at all cost mentality. Most of the time they do....it’s the polar opposite of us lol.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What about NO especially when Brees comes back?

11. GasedAndConfused

it's an image i found off another site. I didn't type it up lol

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The good news is they can still win this series if they can go on a 3 game winning streak. :cool:

Which has about a 5% chance of happening.

13. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Also, I feel weird talking good about the Patriots. No more threads like this!

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So your saying the Patriots don't have a chance on Monday?

15. GasedAndConfused

lol if only it was that simple :)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls.

Currently one of only two teams out of 32 undefeated - this includes no N'Keal Harry, no Josh Gordon not to mention the Antonio Brown circus.

Any other team should be. so overrated.

edit: kill Brady.

#36 joe, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Overrated by who? Some talking puppets think the Pats are still great, while others think they're just deent. Besides, how can scripted results and achievements be overrated?

18. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Maybe not done but they are vulnerable. Perhaps we can do somewhat of a comparison to us and the Titans game last year where the Pats were manhandled. The key has always been time of possession while limiting Brady's possessions. Matriculate the ball down the field with a mixture of runs and short passes.

From what I remember, the Cowboys only had 2 or 3 offensive possessions in the first quarter last week.

Gase seems to have an idea how to beat the Pats. Gregg Williams has seen everything. Bowles was always outcoached.

Go watch Greg Williams pressers...very impressive.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If somehow the Jets get a lead the last thing I want is Gase to take the foot off the gas. Do exactly what they did last week vs Dallas on a pivotal drive. If Sam makes a better throw to Crowder on that drive where we kicked 3 to give us an 8 point lead, I think we either 1) bleed the clock all the way down or 2) score 7 and put the game out of reach. Over the past 5 years all we have seen when we have a lead is run-run-run-punt and pray the D gets a stop. I loved the aggressiveness last week.

EDIT - Also, we need to stay ahead of the sticks. We cannot be in 3rd and long or we will be in for a long game. If we consistently sit in 3rd and short, I think when Monday night ends we come away with a W.

20. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

F the Pats

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.