Are any of you PC gamers

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Potato Fro, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Built a rig about a month or two ago:

intel core i7-920
    6 gb ddr3 ram
    (2) Radeon HD 4850's in crossfire

2. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

I used to go hard on PC games

Countetr Strike/CSS
    COD MW1
    WoW

WoW was a big one for me. A day where it was played less then 4 hours was an off day.
    Combine WoW + a 12 pack + a bag of snow from a friend and I was grinding shit out into the wee hours in the morning. Lynkx knows about the days I would walk into class looking like I got hit by a truck.

Then I got a simply ridiculous pay raise (I love salary jobs), a girlfriend, and realized that 24 other men working with me to kill a virtual boss will never be > big as titties.

3. trojannation

trojannation New Member

lol i was back during the days of Diablo and Quake

4. twodrunkduck

twodrunkduck New Member

I still play PC games sometimes

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

I play PC games exclusivly because the boss won't let me pick up a PS3.

I play WoW off and on, Scilla Alliance.

I also have the SC2 Beta, which is just awesome. You'll be addicted again. RT.

6. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

I assume this means Starcraft 2 Beta. If so, who at Blizzard did you blow? Also, is it as awesome and addictive as the first.

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

You can play the cracked version without being in the official Blizzard beta. You will need a launcher and an AI/Map pack. Tons of them on TPB. The only downside is you will always be a few patches behind the real testers. The latest recently made Terran teching viable again, which is awesome. On the cracked version people are still basically forced into bio and massing marines.

And it is awesome. If you liked SC1 you will love this one. The only complaints will come from the WC3 crowd which prefers the Hero-Upkeep-Creeping style of WC3. I hated that WC3 style when it first came out but it grew on me and now I prefer that over the mass macro SC1/SC2 style. Playing SC2 after WC3 makes it tough in that regard because it feels like there is something huge missing from the game.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I only play on my PC... Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed I... oh and also GTA IV.

My rig is old but those games run at max res.
    Using an Intel D 2.8ghz and an ATI HD 3870 with only 2 GB DDR2 ram...
    but with XP and 7 the low RAM has never bothered me :)

With many PC games the most important part is the GPU... then RAM and then CPU (Except for stuff like Crysis).

As soon as The Elder Scrolls 6 comes out (next in line after Oblivion) I'm getting a new computer.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I used to play EVE Online to a fairly obsessive degree for a number of years but that has (thankfully) tailed off over time and now I haven't logged in for weeks but still keep in touch with the e-friends from my alliance and we play Battlefield BC2, Left 4 dead and other games which require less input. There was something slightly surreal though being involved in space battles where you had literally a thousand participants taking part (though mostly lagged to fuck) and were destroying peoples ships that in RL terms were worth several thousand $$$$.

I am so glad MMOs were not around when I was a kid or at uni as I would without any doubt have been lost to the world (based on how much time I spent playing x-com terror of the deep!).

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Starcraft 2 in July holla.

Waiting for Diablo 3

I remember skipping elementary school to play the original Diablo.

11. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

It'll be pushed back again to Christmas time.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

weak.

I haven't played a game like that in awhile. I just like to make the buildings.