Anyone worried about team chemistry?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Apr 26, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

in all of the Hard Knocks, that has never happened.

we need to stop dreaming up these scenarios where hard knocks causes the team to implode.

I've seen every single one, it doesn't seem to do anything to these teams.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Gracias.........................

Yeah we shall see how everything shakes out. It is really too early too worry how this will shake out. From what I have been reading Cromartie and the other new guys are working their asses off. Cromartie though never had a problem in the gym he is another looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane type.

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

LEON- got to AFCC without him
    TJ - needs a HUGE HOLE to run through....rarely ran over anyone like GREENE( as noted during AFCC..complete drop off in run O with TJ)
    FANACA - struggled IMO sloooooowww

great cuts ... team instantly better....Mr T best GM in pro fball

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Agree about Leon and Faneca, but it is more complex than that with Jones. Jones had been the workhorse all season, partly because Leon was out, partly because Greene was a rookie who fumbled too much. Jones was obviously tired as the post season played out - not that that is a good thing or to his credit, but it was both understandable and imo does not completely counterbalance his production over the course of the season.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think everyone understands that we are trying to win a championship this year so these changes shouldn't be all that unexpected.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

mediocre RB + great OL = Thomas Jones

Everyone knew we had a better offense when Greene was on the field.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am worried about team birth protection, Cromartie is on the team.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thank you. That's what I have been saying for 3 years. If we had a top flight back last year, he would have had 1850 yards. TJ was a warrior, but he goes down as soon as he is hit and never runs staright into traffic, he turns his body. Greene is the oppisite.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Ha, I was just watching SN talk about the best NFL offseason moves and they didn't mention the Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick in their top 5 (Cro was 5th). After they talked about their top 5 they let the nation post who they thought SN was missing. The list looked something like this:

WTF, Santonio Holmes!

Santonio Holmes!!!

San Antonio Holmes!1!

Santonio Holmes!!!!

Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick? WTF?

(and so on)

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

a beaker full of W's = good team chemistry.

a beaker full of L's = the raiders. nuff said.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what happens if we lose 6 of 7 again like last year? I think we have the leadership to hold that LR together but we don't know. W/ a bad locker room that team folds and we don't have a shot at the playoffs.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

There is no way this team turns into the fucking Raiders. Our QB actually gives a shit about more than his paycheck and our coach actually knows how to coach. The chemistry might be damaged enough to give us a shake in the early part of the season but this team isn't going to drive itself apart or turn completely apathetic. Not one player in that locker room is going to be saying that the 2010 Jets couldn't be a high school team.

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

My unit-by-unit summary of our offseason so far:

Offense
    QB: Mark Sanchez
    RB: LaDanian Tomlinson (replacing: Thomas Jones)
    FB: Tony Richardson

WR: Santonio Holmes (replacing: no one)
    WR: Braylon Edwards
    WR: Jerricho Cotchery
    TE: Dustin Keller

LT: D’Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG: Vladimir Ducasse (replacing: Alan Faneca)
    C: Nick Mangold
    RG: Brandon Moore
    RT: Damien Woody

Defense
    DE: Shaun Ellis
    NT: Kris Jenkins
    DE: Vernon Gholston

OLB: Jason Taylor (replacing: no one)
    ILB: Bart Scott
    ILB: David Harris
    OLB: Calvin Pace

CB: Darrelle Revis
    CB: Antonio Cromartie (replacing: Lito Sheppard)
    FS: Brodney Pool (replacing: Kerry Rhodes)
    SS: Jim Leonhard

Special Teams
    K: Nick Folk (replacing: Jay Feely)
    P: Steve Weatherford
    -------------------------------
    You can decide for yourself what chemistry concerns you have. I'm not a big fan of the moves at LG or K. The Kerry Rhodes move was addition by subtraction.

#73 Vorrecht, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Let me get this straight. U had difficulty inhaling the 30 years old LT signing as a backup RB (while we already have a starter in SG), but you don't seem to understand why we let go of a 33 years old STARTING LG who was possibly the weakest link on our OL?

Doesn't add up. People seem to hate the LT signing but fail to understand he is coming in as a backup. Those same people hate the Faneca release as well. Faneca will turn 34 in games that count the most, December games plus playoffs. He was the STARTING LG that was atleast the 2nd weakest link, if not the weakest link on our OL and at age 34, he was only going to go downhill.

OL chemistry is overrated. It is part of the game, but it is overrated, especially if we are talking about a 34 years old LG who has clearly shown signs of deterioration.

Lastly, why didn't the Jets offer a pay cut? Cuz even if Faneca played for league minimum, he would still be Faneca, the weakest link in our passing attack to say the least. We needed his replacement sooner or later and Im glad we addressed it earlier, rather than later. The pay cut would have done no good to our OL and I doubt if Faneca would have taken the pay cut anyways since he was guaranteed to make $5+ millions. We cut him and saved $2+ millions I believe. That is savings over what you would have paid for him.

Faneca was a great LG, but the keyword is 'WAS'. I don't want to risk an injury to Sanchez, our franchise QB.

EDIT: Ducasse is considered to have similar strengths as Faneca. However, he is also considered to improve as the season goes by, unlike Faneca.

#74 Jets n Boys, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  15. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

Jets are building a young powerhouse line and run game, I would have taken my chances keeping leon instead of signing LT, Leon was a game changer. I love the new fullback, lets play some old school power football. I hope they let the new fullback run a litle also, the man is a tank, use him the way Rathman and Allstot were used, Sanchez will be one of best QBs in league. switch to a 4-3 defense with Jenkins and Pohoua as tackes, Ellis on one end and Taylor and Gholston rotating on the other, nobody can block Jenkins one on one, he would create total havoc on a 4 man defensive front.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Cardinals agreed to terms with OG Alan Faneca on a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
    Faneca rejoins his old line coach (Russ Grimm) and offensive coordinator (Ken Whisenhunt), and the Cardinals now have a glut on the interior. Rex Hadnot was already slated to battle Reggie Wells and Deuce Lutui for playing time. Whisenhunt confirmed that Faneca won't be handed a starting job, and he's expected to compete for Wells' left guard spot. Beat writer Kent Somers suggests a trade could be in the Cardinals' future.

17. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

Chemistry is bullshit. As long as you win, there will always be chemistry.

I, for one, think all of the Jets' off-season moves are justified. This is no longer Mangini's team. This is Rex's team now, and he and Tanny have decided which players are adequate and which aren't.

It's foolish to believe that every player from the Mangini-era (and last year too) will still be in a Jets uniform.