Anyone worried about team chemistry?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Apr 26, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I think getting rid of Faneca will greatly improve team chemistry. Now he can't drop Pace during trustfall exercises. I know Sanchez used to get pissed when Faneca couldn't keep a linebacker in front of him.

2. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

he hasn't seen anything until a rookie is the one blocking for him.

Faneca is completely under-appreciated - as is experience.

3. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

+1, Why else would Rex move the team from a state of the art facility to the middle of nowhere? There is nothing to do in Courtland except get to know your teammates! It's time for Sanchez & Mangold to establish themselfs as the leaders on the Offensive side of the football. There are already plenty of leaders on the other side of the ball with Ellis, jenkins, Harris, Revis and of course Scott who will not be shy about getting this unit together! :beer:

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

^ I agree with both of these perspectives

But I cant believe no one has mentioned one the biggest contributers to leading on offence

a guy Sanchez has said was the voice of wisdom on the feild and the sideline when he was doing poor, Tony Richardson

bottom line theres too many "winners" on this team and just the desire to do great things and I really believe they know as well as we do they have all the pieces in place to do so

5. CatoTheElder

I'm sure the lack of dorms and parking might also have something to do with it.

6. CalgaryJet

CalgaryJet Member

exactly... chemistry is one of those things that great when your a good team... I never heard any shitty team of having great chemistry.

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I think that if the overall camaraderie of the team takes a slight hit it's fine, because the Jets brought in one guy who knows what it takes to win a title and two more whose only focus is to win a championship. Leon and Faneca were great, but the young guys on this team will understand even more how precious each victory is playing with Taylor and Tomlinson. It should bring some of our up and coming studs to an even higher level, especially a guy like Shonn Greene.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I THINK we will be fine, I THINK we have the coach and we have leaders that can step up BUT that is the big question mark with this team.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No. There are bigger Q marks - like who is the back up QB if Sanchez goes down and can Folk regain his form. You are talking about losing 4 guys - one (Washington) who was a role player and wasn't around after week 7 last year, one (Feely) who was a kicker, one old RB (Jones) who lost his starting job during the playoffs to a quicker more effective rookie, and one guard (Faneca) who was risking injury to the young QB.

NFL teams go through turnover like this every year. Three of those players were going to be locker room problems because their roles were going to be significantly reduced this season. Do you really think Washington was going to be happy this year without his contract? Do you really think Jones was going to be happy sitting behind Greene? Do you really think Faneca was going to accept a benching after giving up 2 sacks on opening night and stick around to mentor his replacements?????

How did the Jets handle the change in chemistry last season? New coach, new QB, new leaders on defense?

How do teams handle changes in QB???? Changes in coordinators?

Give it a rest already with this chemistry crap.

10. jetsjetsjets87

jetsjetsjets87 New Member

go jets! go jets!

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Anyone not too concerned with team chemistry is nuts. I love Rex Ryan but the notion you can bring in just about anyone and he will coach them up and have koombaya drum beating moments is crazy.

At the end of the day the individual players have to have some assemblance of belief that the guy next to him is ready willing and able to to go to war with him. ...... btw I am just using the war reference as an analogy........

That is a big if because many of these players have had problems in the past. Now most of the past problems are off the field issues and not locker room cancer problems. Never the less Jets have gotten rid of some team leaders albeit for legit concerns. Then again many of these guys were around for the collapse in 2008. Ahhhh I hate waffling......

I probably contradicted myself 5 times in this post, I am aware. I honestly don't know how this new mix of player is going to shake out, hence my waffling. Suffice to say that yes the new mix is a worry. We shall see if the concern is valid or not.

12. stanner

stanner Member

i love your posts. i wonder why?

i'm a little worried about "hard knocks" messing with the chemistry, with some potential primo uomos fabricating some drama for the sake of the show (i can't wait to watch it, though).

however, i'm on the train of thought that "winning = chemistry."

13. CatoTheElder

I think I'll try to respond...

It's not like the Jets gutted every leader and left the team with a bunch of malcontents and idiots. Jim Leonhard and Bart Scott are still there for the defense, as well as Shaun Ellis.

Woody can handle the OLine players and, honestly, at some point the reigns had to be handed over to Mangold and/or Brick. It's a question mark but I think that with the help of Rex, Schottenheimer and Callahan, that unit can come together around each other. Getting rid of Faneca didn't ruin their desire to win a championship. They are professionals and they will know that they need to come together in order to achieve their goal of helping lead a team to a Super Bowl victory.

Jones was a great vocal leader but Sanchez mentioned Richardson as another strong voice in the backfield and Tomlinson's experience can come in big. Remember, part of Jones' problem was his taking of the demotion personally, to the point where the CS couldn't acknowledge it publicly and instead used the BS idea that they were going with the "hot back" at the time. Part of Tomlinson's leadership was his willingness to come in with no objections to taking a backup roll. Leon is going to hurt the backs to because I assume they were all friends, but, as with the OLine, they are pros. They will get over it because they want a title and they have the CS there to help them come together.

The only other player I can think of us dumping is Rhodes but...good. He was more of a distraction than a leader.

You are right when you say that it is folly to think that Ryan alone can tie the team together because one man alone cannot make up for it. However, they have a CS full of leaders. Schottenheimer made it known to the offense that loves the team and wants to stay with the Jets. Callahan is there for the OLine and everything that we have heard from Faneca on his departure about the CS is that Callahan made it fun to be on the field. I think Sanchez is going to step up and take control of his team this season which should go miles for their confidence as well. The point is that just the HC cannot help the team overcome the losses, but it won't be just Rex Ryan who is going to be pulling them together; it will be the whole team. We saw how they came together after the Cortland trip and there is no reason to assume that they cannot do it again.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I expect we'll sign brunell bur regardless of that if we lost sanchez long term we'd be screwed no matter who the backup was.

Leon filled many roles and was a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

feely was the most reliable kicker we have ever had

Jones was hurt late in the year and Greene was fresh(until he got hurt), I love how Jones is old but LT isn't.

Faneca was risking Sanchez's health:rofl: Give me a break, he's not an all-pro anymore but he's still a solid pro. We had a top 2-3 OL last year and you don't do that w/ any of the OL being as bad as some Jet fans are trying to portray faneca.

Last year we were coming off an epic collapse, this year we are coming off being less than 30 mins from the SB. Do I really need to explain this to you?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

in the words of James Carville in the movie Old School:

"we have no response, that was perfect"

nice paragraph.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

K4Fe(CN)6 + KMnO4 + H2SO4 = KHSO4 + Fe2(SO4)3 + MnSO4 + HNO3 + CO2 + H2O = JUST WIN BABY!!!!!

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm concerned because I feel last year we got thru some really down times because the group had such great chemistry. Maybe the players they have brought in can re-create that, but losing lockerroom guys like Jones, Washington and Faneca will be tough to replace.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Bad leaders are usually the reason.

You can be a highly competitive team, but suck ass if you have good leaders but bad talent.

Thankfully this team has plenty of good leaders.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

well said. :lol:

20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Not jumping on you, but How did everyone forget D. Woody's speech at the end of the regular season, after the win over the Bengals, about the Lombardi trophy?