Anyone seen the new Unis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LGENF, Mar 25, 2012.

1. jetsflow

jetsflow New Member

A little too oregon for me. we'll see how the final product ends up looking.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I liked the Nike jerseys the Jets had before the Reebok switch. They had a longer stripe on the side, it looked like a modernized '69 jersey. Reebok made it all choppy, they cut the stripe down and we brought in black cleats. Hasn't looked right to me. The jerseys were perfect in 98 when Parcells brought them back. I'm hoping they go with those, no major changes.

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

4. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I saw the Nike and New Era apparel on NFL Shop.com. Although there are no jerseys on display yet, the new apparel looks very nice and the best part is that the Jets logo remains the same (for now).

5. GATA

GATA Member

I wouldn't mind seeing the Old school Logo on the Jerseys

6. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where this rumor that the teams were going to change their logos and uniform styles got started. Nike is literally just making the uniforms, they don't have creative control.

7. joolander

joolander New Member

i would love to see the 80's uniforms make a comback instead of the ugly titans jerseys

8. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I miss this logo.

[​IMG]

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I'm surprised - the gear doesn't look over-branded by Nike. It's just a style preference, but I hope that they don't stick the swoosh over the team logo on the side - it makes the sleeve look crowded. But what the hell do I know.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Nice logo but it was 20 years of bad luck. We've done better with the current style, before and after.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I love the uni's we have now. We've had the most success wearing these and I just think they're classic.
    I'm hoping the stay as close to the same as possible.

12. Chrebet Fo' Ever

Same, I don't see why they've gotta fix what ain't broke.

That said, I'd like to see an 80's era alternate, sick of the Titans stuff: Titans stank, the 80's Jets had the Sack Exchange

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Your Avatar Is what I looked like during the late 80's and 90's when the Jets wore those uni's. No Thank you!

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

15. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

me too, let's go retro this year

17. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I was at the NFL pop-up store across from Bryant Park today and they have all of the jerseys set up with black covers over them until the reveal. I don't really know what the big deal is - other than a few teams who are tweaking their logos this season the jerseys aren't expected to be all that different, right?

That said, the whole store was a total disappointment - super expensive ($36 for a fuckin T-shirt?!?) And the merchandise looks like crap. Is it really that difficult to hire a decent graphic designer to make some fresh looking Jets gear? The stuff they put out there is so boring and/or poorly done it's a disgrace.

On top of that the NY teams were barely represented any more so than all of the other teams. I went in with the intention of buying some new Jets gear and there was nothing but a couple of lame shirts and an incredibly overpriced throwback windbreaker. I think I'm gonna have to just start making my own stuff. I could design better Jets merchandise in my sleep.

18. chops44

chops44 Active Member

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Where's the photo from? It looks pretty much the same as what I saw today but I don't remember seeing those shirts/shoes on the wall - maybe I just didn't notice...

20. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

I felt the same exact way when I saw the new stuff on the Jets Shop. All shirts from now on are going to be 36, thats crazy Im just going to buy 20 reebok jerseys online.

THe design are just atrocious, there is no imagination. They need to do fan art and design submissions and none of this half assed clip art shit they are selling us.