Anyone Else Tired of Joe Namath??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Sep 4, 2010.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

nice slip of the Ghostbusters there.

"Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters"

2. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

How about you STFU, kid??? Joe Namath earned the right to say whatever he wants, even when he does sound like a drunken dumbass (which unfortunately, he does all too often). Still, he brought the Jets their one shining moment of glory in an otherwise embarassing and forgettable history. He has earned the right to say whatever and has forgotten more about football than you or any of us will ever know.

3. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Or he can say his opinion about a guy who played for the Jets.

He earned that fight 40+ years ago, These things have an expiration date, especially when the team is on the cusp. He needs to let the guys who are playing now have the limelight, instead of trying to butt his old waistbrand bra wearing ass into it.

4. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

That's the problem with you young kids...no respect for your elders. You think it's all about you and your generation, and you couldn't be more wrong.

5. This from the same fan base that complained for years that the franchise showed no appreciation to their past.

What exactly do you people want?

Namath is the face of the Jets franchise. And for me...I celebrate the Jets entire history whether I was alive for it or not. As far as I'm concerned Joe Namath can say whatever he wants anytime he wants. He stuck his chest out before the team's biggest moment in their history and delivered a win for the ages.

It's really sad that so many have no appreciation for the team's past. Especially someone like Namath.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Sorry, but this is how I picture you. No disrespect.

[​IMG]

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Oh for fuck sakes.

Nobody is questioning Namath's legacy or his place in Jets history. The man is a hall of famer...WE GET IT.

That doesn't mean he's Rex and Tanny's go-to consultant on everything Jets related.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If your problem is you're sick of listening to Namath's opinions on the NFL and the Jets - unless Namath just lies and says all happy positive things about the Jets - just so you feel warm & fuzzy - then you are officially a douchebag.

Namath is an NFL celebrity. A historically transitional part of the history of the NFL in numerous ways both on and off the field. As long as he is breathing the media is going to seek him out and ask him what he thinks about various football things and especially the Jets. So if you don't want to hear from him - TOUGH SHIT. He is a popular NFL celebrity a legend - You will continue to hear from him and btw - he was awesome on Letterman.

Hopefully his comments light a fuckin fire under Burress to get his ass in gear and get himself ready to play. Which is most certainly the message from Namath - and a great message it is. Time for Plaxico to make this happen for NY once again - SB !!!!!

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If the Jets reach the Super Bowl this year, we're all gonna be tired of Joe Willie...

10. 17a_tailgater

im 35 im not a kid.
    thank you

11. 17a_tailgater

Friends
    joeklecko has not made any friends yet
    Befriend joeklecko

Friends
    Cakes has not made any friends yet
    Befriend Cakes

Friends
    sg3 has not made any friends yet
    Befriend sg3

Friends
    rex2009 has not made any friends yet
    Befriend rex2009

ok im done

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ bahahaha!

13. ........

........ Trolls

Forget a joke, you could even argue the AFC at the time was considered non-existent.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

namath is kenny powers before kenny powers.

that deserves some credit

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey if the elder is a drunk jackass he can stick it. Yeah when that drunk fuck (Namath) was younger who the hell did he respect?

I don't give a rats ass if this guy won 50 super bowls if he is going to act like a jackass he is going to be called out as a jackass. Truth hurts...........

Maybe we are sick of the stupid drunk uncle.....He aint no war hero and doesn't have a blank check with me.

#495 Miamipuck, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Namath needs to die so the jets can win a superbowl.

17. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Living well is the best revenge.

18. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Thanks. LOL!!! For the record, I have plenty of friends, don't need to make any here, but if I do, that's great.

Sorry, if my response to you was too personal/nasty. It just hit me wrong at the moment. I'm the first to admit that Namath can sound like a dumbass when he's drunk and talking about non-football stuff. Personally, I think he's a sad case and wish he would keep his mouth shut most of the time. He didn't achieve what he could have on the field because of his partying and carousing and not taking care of himself physically. He obviously has drinking "issues."

Still, I respect him for delivering a SB to the Jets (unless he really did sell his soul in order to win LOL!). He's the one who made me a Jets fan. I started watching the AFL when Joe Willie was drafted by the Jets, and they were on TV much of the time. If you had seen him play in the swirling winds of Shea delivering big passes to Maynard and Sauer, you'd understand why I grew to love him, even if I didn't always like or agree with his actions/attitudes, and it's why I'm willing to cut him some slack now.

Peace. Are we cool.

I'm not one of those homers who trashes people who question Jets players, coaches, the FO, or former players.

#498 joeklecko, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  19. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

LOL!!! None taken, even if you are a Wolfpack fan. (Go Blue Devils!) LOL!

In retrospect, I deserve it. My response to 17a isn't truly indicative of how I feel.

20. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Listen, I hear you and totally get what you're saying. As a rule, I don't have much, if any, respect for drunks, especially loud, obnoxious ones. I cut Namath slack because he's the one that got me being a Jets fan and for the lone shining moment of glory. For that matter, maybe I should hate him for that! LOL!!!

I wish he'd keep his mouth shut most of the time. He's an embarassment to himself and the organization. Sometimes I think he really must have sold his soul in order to deliver that upset SB victory.

That said, even if he isn't a war hero, I think our country has become too uncivil. I realize I made that same mistake earlier, but have apologized for that. I responded in a weak moment and in a hurry. In general, I think we all need to be more respectful of others, of their rights and opinions. One of the things that turns me off to Jets boards is the arrogance and lack of civility that some posters constantly display.

Make sense? At any rate, peace. I hope all is cool between us. No offense meant to anyone.