Anyone Else Struggling To Get Back Into Football?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I understand. I played the sport. The unathletic kids sucked. I just never liked the fact you could not touch the ball with your hands. Of course, in Romanian style soccer there basically are no rules and you can throw the soccer ball as if it were a football. I had a lot of fun playing that version of the sport.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Still not there yet.

3. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Actually extremely excited for the season... It's about what 1/4 of my thoughts are composed of.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Basketball players should be added to the prima dona category

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've got a bunch of legal things going on, so it's hard to be happy about football, which isn't even here yet for another 2 months...at least the real stuff. Hopefully all this changes.

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

7. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I'm not struggling to get back into football, but rather I'm not thinking about it. The way the Yankees are playing so far is helping me alleviate the pain that occured during the 2011 Jets season.

I'm looking forward to this season, but I am being cautiously optimistic. If the Jets do well in 2012, good for them. If they mess up, all I can say is when is the 2013 MLB season going to start.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im dying for football. Ima college student home for summer with absolutely nothing to do. Its either work or gym thats my life as of now.

9. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I am. Don't doubt my Jets bona fides. This is not the place to discuss religion and politics so I won't but I can't stand Tim Tebow and am upset that he's on my favorite team, especially when it still makes little football sense to me. Also, the owner of the Jets, who is very visible outside of football, is doing something that is the antithesis of my beliefs. He has the right to do it, but I wish he wasn't doing it while the owner of my favorite team.

#129 bmfc1, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

no issue at all...never have had such an issue and never will...

soccer is a tough sport but the fact that people are saying soccer has taken over for them is distressing.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Same here, not feeling it yet.

I did finish working on my fence, the goal was to be done in time for football season. So now that it's done and camp is coming I think it's on the way. Hope so, this has been a rough go.

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I'm not there either.

Subconsciously I'm already sick of the drama that were going to be put through this year. I think this is my brain's defense mechanism from being hurt again this year.

13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I'm still hungover from the Devils playoff run and everything. It's not that I'm struggling to get back into football, because I am excited, but not as I usually am.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Plaxico Burress

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

now that the mets are coming back down to earth, my hunger for jets football is in full force. the only thing i dont really look forward to is the jesus freaks.

16. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Football is the only sport I like besides boxing or MMA! Time for The JETS to redeem themselves! Plus I'm going to 3 games this year!

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Mets starting to blow and my fantasy baseball team starting to blow will start to get me back into football mode pretty soon I now think.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Totally in football mode now.

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm at the breaking point, it's like I NEED football. I'm probably going to resort to watching CFL (I live in Canada) this week just to get my fix.

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

My dad is going to be 80 next month, not doing great but hanging in there, he and Joe Namath are why I'm a Jet fan. Last night he was over and I put on the HBO Namath special they ran over the winter, he hadn't seen it. I had to crank the shit out of the sound but he got to watch it, after we had dinner he wanted to go back and see the rest of it. Was a lot of fun watching it with him, helped a little.