Anyone else still sick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

There are some major differences between here and the past (like '98)

1. Parcells coached like he was double-parked. He set a self-imposed time table to win, and screwed the Jets when he left after only 3 seasons.

2. Ryan has the goods. He is not going to cut and run. He is motivated to prove himself and not just with one Super Bowl

3. Nucleus of the team Sanchez, Revis, O-line is young and just approaching prime.

4. Tannenbaum is a good GM with an already proven track record.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Hopefully he accomplishes that before our moron fans and rabid media outlets force him out.

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Good Point

It would kill me to see him win his SBs with another team, but
    I think Woody & Tannenbaum are committed to him, AND

Ryan's first two years have earned him at least another 3, and he should get it done within that time

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I think Dennis Byrd said it right in an interview he gave, when he said that he "didn't know how many games the team were gonna win with Rex as coach, but he sure as hell knew they weren't going to lose in a fight.."

Rex has that spirit and bravado to lift the team. I think we saw it in our 3 late game/OT comebacks, and almost had it against the steelers.

And for some reason I like this chunk of that "rex's gang green" bullshit song by Sean Henry, it popped up here a few times..

"Haters yappin'
    Critics keep writing
    The New York Jets, never stop fighting
    But with a couple screws loose like Tyson
    We belong on top like icing

News is your coach is softer than a pancake
    And we about to crush your team like a bran flake
    Honestly I'm just saying for your fans sake
    The New York Jets are on another playoff rampage.."

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just know I will be glad when the SB is over tomorrow and I can concentrate on looking forward to the draft and next year.

If Sanchez continues to improve then there is no reason to think we cannot enjoy another good season next year (and beyond).

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Lets just hope we are able to retain a good supporting cast around him.We have many question marks this offseason.

7. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

What a very "meh" Sunday... My kid is sick. Been to the doctors, a few house errands...

Called off the party with sick kid....

Meh.....

TODAY could have been one of the best days of my life....

Man, What could have been........................... TODAY.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im coming out of my sickness. Im actually wanting the Steelers to win. It really doesnt matter but then I can troll Pats fans saying the Steelers were the team of the decade or some bolagna.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep. My wife woke up and said, "Your team was so close. Today could have been your day."

GRRRR!!!!!

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

My wife just got into a fender bender.

What a #### day....

I look at that stadium with a HUGE Troy and Rodgers and imagine a J E T.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, if the decade is 2001-10 and the Steelers win today, the two teams would each have 3 SB titles during the decade. NE wins on a tiebreaker due to their 4 AFC Championships and domination of the Steelers in head-to-head play.
    If the decade we are talking about includes the years from 2000-09, then we don't even need to go to a tiebreaker. Either way, the Patriots were better in this time period.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am home with my 11 year old daughter and had her invite 2 friends over. They are watching the Disney channel till 6:30 and then I will watch the game with them for at least a half. Making pigs in the blanket and Tacos. I feel depressed and lonely for my friends and team. Boy, if we won, I would be in the Stadium now, 10 lbs heavier then I am now, hung over from last night and as excited as a 52 year old man could be just waiting for the game to start after 3 days of drinking and eating my face off. If the Steelers get their asses kicked in, its gonna hurt, but either way, we can finally put this season to rest and move on

13. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I took my kids to Disney this weekend and Ive never seen so many Steelers Jerseys! Every single time I seen some one (hundred's) with a Steelers jersey the thought crossed my mind, 5 fucking points from seeing the place flooded with green and white! My pain has been eased somewhat knowing that everybody I saw got to go through the same thing we did a few weeks back! hahaha

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was at disney when we beat the Pats. That whole weekend there were pats jerseys everywhere. All day Sunday,the park was filled with "Pats fans". Went back to the hotel,had dinner while the game was on. Then went back to the park after and not a Pats jersey to be found.

15. HighFlyingJets

My first post since the Steelers loss...

I'm still crushed as a fan. Thats now 3 AFCCG's that I've seen us lose. I tried to watch the SB, but just couldn't. I kept telling myself... We should have been there. Beating the Colts & Patriots, on the road, is something to build off of heading into next year though.

NE went 14-2, but that makes two AFCCG's that we've lost in consecutive seasons; both were on the road. Next season? My goal won't be to beat out NE for the East, it'll be to see the Jets head into the playoffs with a bye week as the #1 seed. Win one damn playoff game & HOST the Championship game.

We need to cut Gholston, he's not our problem anymore. As long as we have Westhoff, our special teams will be strong. Brad Smith was great for our special teams, but we'll have to move on without Brad. I want Edwards, Holmes, Harris & Cromartie locked up long term. Bring back Ellis for another year. Focus on defense during the draft. We need pass rushing OLB's, we also need to re-vamp our aging D-Line. I still hope to see Ellis as our starting LE.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think we will end up losing Cro and maybe Braylon. B Smith should be resigned because he really wont command that much money here or elsewhere. Hes great on ST and can run the wildcat and an awful wr.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

yay for making threads about things being discussed in already existing threads! I know, your sadness over the loss warrants its own thread. how could it not?

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

what a coincidence....it's my first thread merge since the Pitt loss.