Anyone else still sick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Never, EVER equate ANYTHING Boston w. NY especially when it comes to the JETS!!!

Need I remind you of what happened to those SAME DeadSoxx vs the '86 Mets!!!

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Our bad history is getting up their though...

3. N.O jets fan

N.O jets fan New Member

Yea thank god he isn't hiring whores or being like that quarterback who's going to the SB right now and sexually assaulting 20 year old girls. But Sanchez is actually classy unlike some people!

4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Well and good.....

But, to me, I bond with a team... You watch guys lay it on the line who probably won't be back. In todays NFL every year the team has different leaders and has a little different feel... Each Year IS a different team these days.

I liked the LT, JT stories and watching what could be their last go around.

THIS team from Hard Knocks through the season was some story and would have been the most incredible thing to watch these guys all week in Dallas.

I"M SICK OVER THE OPPORTUNITY LOST BY THIS TEAM..... (Next years TEAM is totally different)

Hey, I feel good about the future as well BUT, there are no guarantees - I expect The Steelers will have abetter OL, the Pats have 23 draft picks, the Colts will be healthier and SD and Balt are improving...

The Road is incredible tough....

Yeah, I'M STILL SICK... I'm Sick that THIS opportunity is shot and the team got the ball rammed down it's thoat in an embarrasing fashion.....

My excitement over the future has NOTHING to do with the sickness I feel for THIS team and the opportunity THIS team lost...

I'll bond with Next years team as it forms and I'm optomistic.

No I don't FEEL GREAT right now watching Super Bowl #### and a Party I SHOULD BE AT!!!!!!

Literally I feel like there's a HUGE party, the party of the year that i was invited to but, got rejected at the door....

I feel like I had front row tickets to the Beatles reunion but, lost them on my way to the show.

I feel like I was supposed to party With Charlies Sheen but, wound up with Pee Wee Herman.

I feel like There's a HUGE snow Globe with the most insane party ever inside that I was invited to and I can barely even seen through the fogged glass.....

I feel like I won Lottery for a million dollars and then I was told the numbers were printed wrong in the paper and I actually owe $30.00.

But, hey, next year I'll be all in again and just as excited as you eventually...

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ If this team was still under the Herm regime or Mangini...I'd be inclined to share your pain. But under the Rex regime...there will be more opportunities. This team is well-coached, has the talent, and now has a franchise QB who's just scratching the surface of his potential.

It sucks that the Jets lost....but the future is bright.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

That pretty much sums up what being a Jets fan feels like a lot of the time. :sad:

7. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I fear that this was 1998 all over again. We had our window, and we let it be slammed shut on us again.

Jesus I sure hope I am wrong............

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah you're completely wrong.

We have a young QB that is only getting better and a great HC that is here for the long haul. What was last year to you? I fear you have let outside influence blind you. Don't be fooled by all the Jet haters! The core of our team is young and has the growing leadership that will make this team special.

Good luck with your Vaginoplasty!!

Do you look at all life in such a miserable fashion?

9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Hey everybody...seems like this is the popular thread to communicate a message to everybody. I'm still feeling pretty depressed about the whole thing. I'm in the "change the channel whenever anything football related comes on" phase. That usually lasts over a month or two for me. So I just wanted to say to all of you that I had a very good time talking to you during this run and I am going to try to just remember the good times instead of remembering the pain from last Sunday. I am going to leave this message board for a while and start focusing more on my work and other stuff. I will probably be back here around draft time so look for me then!

Have a happy and healthy offseason folks! And it hurts to say right now, but I'm gonna say it anyway, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah Andy_M...you're such a pussy for just hoping that the team doesn't fall short of it's stated goal for the third year in a row.

Here's your MadBacker approved, "glass half full" glasses in which to improve your miserable outlook.
    [​IMG]

But don't wear 'em while driving...every traffic light will look green.

You don't want to get t-boned by reality.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

id be shocked if we dont make it to another afc championship game under the sanchez/ryan era.

12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

c'mon, there's a lot to be looking forward to.
    i can count 5 wins this year that alot of jet fans are used to seeing the jets cough up.
    The Broncos, Lions, Browns, Texans and Steeler games were great. Hell, even the Viking game was not a done deal until the pick 6. Outside of the Patriot 45-3 loss,
    our beloved Jets were only one play away in every single other game they played in.
    Things have changed for the better, and it's going to stay that way barring any horrific injuries. ditch being sick over the loss, fuck it, it's over, great season in my opinion.
    Tough ending, but the culture of winning has been instilled.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I just realized why we lost. It's that damn e-trade baby. He picked us to beat Indy last year and pitt this year. he is a jinx!:grin:

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

2 weeks later still sick! Still hate the "we were not ready" " we were flat" commnts! I cannot wait for Sunday to be over with!

15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I still cannot fathom how on Earth an athlete at any level could come out flat in a semi-final game, much less a professional football player.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yup.....fuck the Super Bowl. Running boxes, and I don't care. Fuck it.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's the one thing I can't get pass, especially someone who lost one they year before and has been saying from day one, its Super Bowl or bust. The coach should not have to say one thing, Rex read his team wrong because they obviously needed prodding, but why?

18. JetMania09

JetMania09 New Member

After watching Hard Knocks and seeing all the emotion and sacrifice this team made, after seeing them pound out a last second win in Indy, after watching the Jets demolish the Pats in foxboro, I began to truly believe that this was the year to win it all. More than Super Bowl or bust rhetoric, it was these things that made me sick because we really could have beaten the Steelers if we made just one less mistake. It will take a while to get over, so don't tell me to just forget about it like we didn't spend a whole year waiting for this opportunity. We will get over it, but not while ESPN and every other sports site is waving a black and yellow flag in our faces. Sometimes it is good to feel sick, because it makes the eventual victory all the more worthwhile.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I agree sometimes its worth it,,, but this team waited 1 year and from the comments (that still blow me away) they did not want it bad enough! How else can you explain these guys being "Patriot drunk" or "Flat" or "unprepared"? I am still amazed with EVERYTHING on the line that we had to watch this defense play (if u can call it that) the way they did in the first half!
    Heres something to cheer us all up it could have been worse, think about it, that could have been a home game and we could have watched it in person and froze and been even more disappointed! Or how about they actually beaten Pitt and made it to the big game only to lose and use those same lame excuses? I will not get over this loss ever , I never do ! If they had lost the Superbowl and made these same excuses I do believe that would actually have made me more ill as if that is even possible----------get Sunday over with already!

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks for saving me all the time it took to write this. I feel the same way, its not as easy as "the future looks bright" or "we blew it for good". You are my off season MVP. Its all the above. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!

#340 sec314, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011