Anyone else still sick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Keep up the positive attitude and lets hope you are right. just prepare yourself for the worst and hope for the best. Being Jet fan is a lesson in life. Here's my best Chris Berman for the day "You cant always get what you want" and "You can't lose what you never had"

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Manning has one where he had one good half all postseason and w/ the talent around him he should have 3-4. he has the credibility in the reg season, he doesn't have it in the postseason.

No one wins a game by themselves but a great QB making plays can be the difference and Ben making those plays was the difference the other night.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You are the greatest poster on earth. You are always right and more then all of us combined and should work or replace Mr. T. This post was about how we feel about the game, not about you!!!

4. nyjunc

Can you translate this post to English for me?

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Oh yeah, I forgot Jason Taylor still did nothing to help the team this year.

Well, as you were.

6. nyjunc

My mistake, I forgot he was a pass rush demon all year. man did he help our ailing pass rush- where would we have been w/o him?:breakdance:

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Did you really expect 9+ sacks from a 34 year old?

8. ukilledkenny

He wasn't brought in to save the season or anything. He was brought in as a cheap veteran presence for the pass rush. He ended up starting the first 4 games and played well. For what he was paid and brought in to do I don't see how anyone has a huge issue with him.

Unless you had your heart set on Rex's 10 sack plus talk.

9. nyjunc

It's not about the sacks, it's about the pressure- or lack of. If he was pressuring QBs and forcing them to throw early and not getting sacks that would have been fine but he wasn't doing that.

He was brought in to help the pass rush, he didn't do that. He was excellent against the run, I couldn't have been happier w/ his play against the run BUT he was brought here(and we allowed our best K ever to go) to help the pass rush which he did not do.

I don't have a huge issue w/ what we paid and what we got but we allowed a damn good kicker to leave as well.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll have you know that my hit-and-runs are of top shelf quality.

11. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

Been a fan over40 years; still sick over this loss!

12. grayburn

grayburn Member

I'll be a little sick until march madness starts at least. Hopefully that will help ease the pain.

13. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I live with a steelers fan so I will be sick with this loss until the Super Bowl is over.

14. ukilledkenny

He was disappointing in the pass rush but with two key injuries in the front 7 I think the role Rex had envisioned for him disappeared. Pace's foot limited him all year and we got one glorious quarter from Jenkins before his season ended. Taylor was meant to compliment those guys, not fill their shoes.

It's unfortunate we never got to see the defense Rex built at full strength.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

We never have.

Every year a starter has been lost for the season or for extended time.

A top 5 defense never at full strength. A testament to how talented Rex and his staff is. That's why I don't want Cro back. Wilson will step in and with pass rushers next season they can keep things where they are. But that's if they get a better pass rush.

16. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

So he should have went straight home and rested up for... WHAT? the season is over! He drank away his sorrows like most of us did that night. BTW last night was the only night I didn't wake up thinking about the game and have a hard time falling back asleep lol
    This years AFCC loss hurt way more than last years! Last year we beat a few garbage teams to get there and were going up against the unstoppable Colts, I was kinda expecting a loss... This year we had an amazing year and already beat the unbeatable Pats. I was really expecting/hoping for a SB appearance...Life goes on, but still cant get out of my head WHAT IF?

17. nyjunc

I just wish we could see jenkins for a full year, if jenkins could stay healthy we would have had a truly great defense.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think we have a better chance of seeing Kris Jenkins on Dancing With The Stars.

19. nyjunc

Unfortunately you might be right. My hope is they cut him and he re-signs for very cheap where him getting hurt again wouldn't hurt us as bad.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Revis is saying now that perhaps our DEF had a "post Patriots let-down" in the 1st half.