Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It would be a SOJ thing to pass on Rosen because he supposedly isn't all in on playing Pro Football only to watch him light up the NFL for the next 10+ years on some other team. o_O:rolleyes:

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

People keep blaming Jim Mora but Trent Dilfer had a lot to do with this perception of Rosen as well. I always found Dilfer to be a bit of a douche to be honest. I obviously don't know him, but he always gave me a "I'm better than you, I know it all" vibe as if there isn't game tape of him. We get it. You won a Superbowl. But we also remember how mediocre you were as a QB. Stop acting like you're better than everyone. Just a personal opinion btw.

I've looked at more individual tape on these QBs than I have in years and I'm beginning to come around to appreciating what Rosen can do.

3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Do you still use the term "retarded"?

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Lets keep in mind that Mora was kissing the ground Rosen walked on before he got fired, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I use Intellectually Disabled

And also some dark humor ..no offense

#725 NYJetsO12, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

He was on Path To The Draft last night and called Rosen the best player in the draft. Really nothing to be gleaned from what he says except that he's constantly clarifying what he was saying previously.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Looking at the film, skill sets and physical attributes it’s perfectly clear the rankings of the QBs in this draft.

Allen
    Rosen
    Darnold
    Jackson
    Mayfield

SettlerDawg likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You’re trying way too hard with this one...

NJJets20 likes this.
  9. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I prefer the order:

Darnold
    Rosen
    Jackson
    Allen
    Mayfield

Purely because the thought of Doctor Jam cracks me up.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree about Dilfer, when I heard the interview, he was basing his initial assessments on spending time with a 17 year old kid. That’s when I realized Dilfer was full of crap. Who criticizes a 17 year old kid because they don’t show leadership skills, or they come across as a know it all?

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but a lot of this seems to stem from what seems like grown men intimidated by being challenged by a kid. End of the day, I'm of the same mindset in that I ask "why?" Now, as a father especially, I know there's a time, place and way to ask, but if you're invested into something (ex playing football FOR FREE and devoting your life to it) I think you should want to know the nuances of it. Any coach complaining about a kid needing to be "intellectually challenged" needs to check themselves.

In my experience, people who are unwilling to be challenged or questioned typically A.) aren't confident or fully convinced in what they're selling B.) have something to hide or C.) have a superiority complex/ issues with their ego.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There are fair arguments for the top 3 (as none are "lights out"), but personally, I think Rosen is the best QB prospect.....but Injury history is bit of a concern.
    If the JETS draft him, I hope they redshirt him a season until they can improve their shitty line in front of him

13. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Darnold
    Rosen
    Allen
    Jackson
    Mayfield

Is my order.

FJF likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Something big about Jackson & Mayfield to consider!! !! especially Jackson

--

Often times many of these prospects share an agent with the talking heads on TV. That's why they get favorable reviews and spots on their mock draft, the agents push for it. Then the real draft comes and things play out differently because NFL scouts aren't bought or pushed around by agents like the idiots on TV.

The top two agencies are Athletes First and Creative Artist Agency(Tom Condon). Josh Rosen is Athletes First. Darnold and Allen are both CAA/Tom Condon clients. Business as usual with those agencies and the "draft experts." Maybe that's why these QBs are getting all the love from the experts on TV??!?!?

[I know for a fact that Kiper is a Condon shill. (btw, Kiper's latest mock draft has Condon client Josh Allen going no. 1 overall) :rolleyes:

--

Jackson, however, has no agent presently. His mother is his business manager and they will consult with a lawyer when it comes time for contracts. Notice how we haven't heard much of Jackson at all? less public interviews, less hype from the draft experts. Not a coincidence. Its a good old boys club.

We could be seeing the same thing at a lesser extent with Mayfield. He spurned the top agencies as well. He signed with the Mills brothers, an experienced but much smaller group who haven't had any big fish clients in decades.

--

Maybe draft day comes and Jackson & Mayfield go a lot higher and the Rosen/Darnold/Allen group lower than what the TV guys think they will go. ?? just some thoughts

15. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Lol

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The TRUE order.

1. Rosen
    2. Mayfield
    3. Darnold
    4. Jackson
    5. Allen
    6. Rudolph

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

rosen: two concussions darnold: another usc qb, like sanchise small hands allen: hackenberg type accuracy issues jackson: vick, tyrod taylor type scrambler, injury risk like rg3 mayfield: sheer process of elimination, shifty, record of winning, walk on history , confident, starter for years, cocky. another broadway type guy.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Jackson LOL

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ahahah..I'll never forget the day 101 Ganggreen started with me over his boy Jackson..he said the only reason I didn't like him was because "I read the Post article that Mehta wrote"

Noam likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

that was a terrible accusation by 101, it is doubtful you got past the headline.