Anybody know why Gase is still our HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 26, 2020.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

that all depends Lawrence does not choose school over us like Manning did :mad:

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well considering he announced that this would be his last season before the season and basically announced again this past weekend I think it’s pretty safe that Lawrence will be in the draft and the 1st pick.

Jets_Grinch and REVISion like this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah because college kids never change their mind about decisions they make and oh i dont know... enter the transfer portal.

until he is signed i would be worried. even though i really like fields as well as him and think both will be solid nfl players.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well you can spend your time worrying about something that’s a near lock. Me? I’ll be worrying that we’ll win a game and fuck up the opportunity of a lifetime.

fdcnyc, apjbfc, Noam and 5 others like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Here's exactly what you said: "It was then that Manning called the Jets, no one in the Jets organization reached out to him for advice. He deserves blame for meddling in something that he had no business getting involved in."

Who says no one at the Jets called him ? And why is putting in a good word for anyone considered "meddling?"

The Johnsons, and only the Johnsons, are 100% responsible for hiring Gase. And also for keeping him here so long.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I understand your sleticism but i don't see him isking 30 mil for another year at Clemson or elsewhere.

alleycat9 and Ralebird like this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

i think the year we took Keyshawn

8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Why on earth would Lawrence transfer to another school, uproot his entire life, leave his wife behind just for one more year of playing football without getting paid for it? I'm all for being realistic but I don't think that's a realistic concern.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's not the point he was trying to make. He was not saying Lawrence is going to transfer, he was citing the transfer portal as proof that college football players often change their minds.

Lawrence has made statements like he's going to enter the draft but hundreds of players have made even stronger commitments just to change their minds. The transfer portal is proof. He makes a good point.
    ----

[by the way, the guy literally can get as much tail as he wants at Clemson and he gets married???? That's a red flag in itself. Hopefully he doesn't show such bad decision-making on the football field next year}

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one is making excuses for the Johnsons. There's clearly mountains of blame to go around. I blame the Johnsons absolutely for the shitty state of this team, but that doesn't mean there aren't lots of other people who contributed, and they deserve blame also, which in no way diminishes the Johnson's culpability.

11. Ralebird

Simple question - do you believe Peyton Manning bears any responsibility for making a recommendation that bears no obligation to accept?

12. ColoradoContrails

Yes.

If I find out you're looking for a car, and I tell you "Hey! I think you ought to buy such and such car" and you follow that advice and the car is a lemon, of course I'm responsible for giving you bad advice. You're also responsible for listening to me and following it. I'll go farther and say that you're MORE responsible because you should know enough about what you're looking for without having to rely on someone else's opinion.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Disagree. I'm responsible for buying it - just me. I'm also the only one responsible for the decision, regardless of whether your opinion was solicited or unsolicited. Thanks for your input, but I'm on my own on the responsibility side of the equation.

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Okay.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha he's an athlete. He can STILL get all the tail he wants. Don't you watch TMZ???

16. alleycat9

why would he have to transfer? he still has eligibility left and is still the best qb at clemson. i absolutely dont think he would ever stay in college and enter the transfer portal. i think that if he looks at a bad situation in new york, a franchise that is struggling to get out of its own way, a head coach who is the absolute worst in the league and has repeatedly made things more difficult for young qbs he may decide he likes college life and wants to stay there and enjoy himself for another year.

its not about money for every kid, i dont know trevor lawrence background, but i do know that travis ettiene stayed last year and a number of guys have done it in the past, a few others have used their value to force trades or simply do something else.

im not saying its going to happen, i am saying its a possibility.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. alleycat9

oh i just went and reread my post and understand what you are getting at. yeah i wasnt very clear in what i was saying, i was trying to say that kids his age make decisions and change their minds all the time. not that he was going to look to transfer.

sorry that wasnt more clear in what i was trying to say. i read your reply to it and thought wtf i dont remember saying hed do that. but looking at what i wrote i can see how that would come across.

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

All good, I just misunderstood your post. Sorry about that.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The johnsons own the team so they are the ones where the buck stops at there door. Face it they do not care 1 iota about the on field performance cause if they did we would not be 0-11 :mad:

20. ColoradoContrails

Where, in any of my posts about this, have I said or even implied that the Johnsons don't own the blame? You might find this hard to believe, but more than one person can be assigned blame for a given problem.

alleycat9 likes this.