Any trade ideas to Brady owners HAHAHA

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by hiker, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I just offered Kurt Warner for Thomas Jones, in a league where my #2 back is Steve Slaton. I'll let you know if the guy bites.

Boy, doesn't this royally F up some people's seasons :rofl:

2. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

And in another league, I managed to snatch up Cassel first, with Favre and Cutler already on my roster. I'll trade one of them in a few weeks, I've got to decide whether its Cassel or Cutler, depending on higher value. Overall, its a beautiful day (I'm winning in both leagues this week too :beer: )

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

After four great seasons (four playoff appearances, two title game appearances, one title) in large part due to Tom Brady, I opted to put him on the trade block last week in my keeper league.

I received an offer of Carson Palmer and Brian Westbrook for Brady and Larry Johnson. I accepted it.

I was then ridiculed by several league members.

Palmer did not help me today, but he'll obviously outperform Brady the rest of the way. Also, Westbrook outperformed Johnson today.

4. 624

624 Banned

i traded tom brady and thomas jones for tony romo and joseph addai 1 day ago

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

tremendous trade there by you

I just want to state to all Jets fans that I was stuck with Brady for the 2004-2007
    seasons. The inaugural year of the keeper league was the 2004 season, but I was not there from the very start. An offline draft was conducted and it played out over the course of a month and a half. A guy had dropped out during the draft and I was approached about joining the league. Six picks had already been made and Brady was one of them.

I kept him for four years even though I really didn't enjoy it.

It's amazing how I got rid of him a week before this injury.

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Its amazing how I didnt. I said when I picked him I was going to regret it.

My backup is Marc Bulger.. What the fuck do I do to save my team?

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Bulger might be a problem, too. It's very tough to say. I thought the Rams were the shittiest team in the league and that was before the egg they laid today.

I figure the Rams will be trailing in most games and Bulger will have to put the ball in the air perhaps more than he ever has, but that will lead to interceptions. I don't know with him.

You're going to have to get creative with a trade and/or pick up a starting QB who may be on your league's free agent list.

I am a rare fan of Tarvaris Jackson. I have him on all three of my fantasy teams. He's probably on the free agent list in most leagues. If he is available in your league, at the very least he is worth considering.

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I got him in 2 leagues. In one i picked up Cassel yesterday, in the other, I got Rodgers as my Backup and decided to go with him instead of Cassel.

The guy i picked in the 1st round in two leagues goes down in week one, and i?m not mad at all, isn?t that strange? :smile:

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I suggest the same thing they do to save horses with a broken leg. Shoot your team now before the pain gets to high.

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

:up: I hear you, I may be out some cash, but thats nothing the Jets can't fix.

11. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

We have a winner. Nicely done.

12. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

I wasted my first pick on Brady in a late start league where I drafted him all of about three hours before the injury. My starter is now Brett Favre, with Kurt Warner backing him up.

13. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

He passed, then dumped Jerious Norwood for Kerry Collins. :rofl: