Antonio Brown (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LF911SC, Sep 5, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

My guess is Brown always wanted to be a Patriot, but considering the money he'd stand to lose, he didn't go to the Raiders with the intent of getting himself released. But once he got there, he became more and more disenchanted (in all fairness, the Raiders were a clown show before they traded for him) and decided he's rich already and the extra money isn't worth it. Couple that with whatever mental issues he might have, and he decided to troll the Raiders into releasing him. But even he wouldn't do that (well maybe he would, but Rosenhaus wouldn't stand for it) without knowing the Pats would sign him, so there must have been some communication between Rosenhaus and the Pats. That's tampering, but it'll be hard to prove because I don't think the Pats ever technically reached out to Rosenhaus. They just nodded and winked when he came calling.

egelband likes this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I guess you knew something?

3. Patriot

In all honesty, would you expect Brown to keep a secret or be smart enough to do all that? Maybe he is crazy as a fox, but my guess is the Patriots are just trying to get a player when the market for that player is low.

Belichick does not like his players or coaches talking to the media, let alone doing social media. If on the other hand, Brown all of a sudden changes his ways and becomes a model player, then you are correct this is a collusion between Brown and the Patriots. Time will tell whether you or I am right.

The reported 1 year up to 15 million 9 million guaranteed seems too good a deal for Brown. I am pretty sure there must be an exit clause for the Patriots. Also, this decision is not being well received in New England.

Acad23 likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I was half joking. But only half.
    The contract the Pats gave is too suspicious. Unless they had inside info, there's no way they offer Brown all that money without first bringing him in on a visit to verify he's sane enough to play football.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

6. Patriot

Gronk and a bunch of receivers from last year are gone.

Edelman is getting old and has a nagging thumb issue. With his size, he might not make it to the end of the year.

Josh Gordon has not had a full season yet due to his drug problems.

Do you really think AB will have no issues?

NYJetsO12 and jilozzo like this.
  7. Patriot

How does MF stay on the air is beyond me.

8. Patriot

Your right about Brady and the deep ball. Yet he was smart enough to realize with Moss just throw it up for grabs and Moss will come down with it.

AB was a 6th round draft choice and is somewhat of a small receiver. He is not the same as Moss and he is best at middle routes actually.

9. Patriot

Belichick has a horrible history of drafting receivers. Before you say Endleman remember he was a QB out of college. Harry has been a bust so far. Looked bad in camp and preseason. He is now out.

10. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Well at least you're honest, I can respect that even though I cringe at your post. I guess I will blame you if Darnold gets hurt. ;) Please don't create any more bad karma. It always has a way of biting us in the ass. I would rather beat the Pats with Brady than without him.

Now Brown is a different story. Wish all you want on him. :)

11. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

Love the caption of “Friendliest Member Award” above this.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The ultimate grammar police, @Brook! permabans the troll for using "your" instead of "you're"

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

LOL....by then darnold is on contract #2 which is eating up the jets salary cap and his agent doesn't want to give the jets any break cause they haven't had a decent OL in 6 years and keep changing GM's and head coaches.

14. jilozzo

and if they are found guilty - whats the punishment - draft choice or 2, money?? so what. they can still carry the VLT again.

15. jilozzo

thats thru the green colored glasses!

16. jilozzo

PED's, boat loads of cash, and all the tail u can hit will certainly cause behavioral issues. LOL

17. jilozzo

hmmmm......not sure i completely understand your angle but i wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a story in the news about his "departure" and how the raiders orchestrated this because he is a black athlete who wanted to express himself.

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah count me in on the collusion bandwagon too...this happened SO fast it's like one of those NBA wink-nod free agency deals before players can technically sign where tampering's already institutionalized. Plus because it's the Patriots and you'd figure they'd do their due dillegence to see like you said whether he's sane enough to function in society (let alone play football), the fact this only took a few hours would shock me if it wasn't for the likely belief this was already pre-discussed. Which would lead me to the he's crazy like a fox and did this to get out of Oakland conspiracy theory.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi my friend. You are a Pats fan. You don't feel the need to hide it. But that gentlemen acting like a Jets fan while a Pats fan. I am friendly to folks who deserve it. Not to trolls. There is a difference.

tpaleologo likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Harry is going to be a beast. He got hurt in the first pre-season game. He hasn't looked like anything in camp because he was hurt in the first game after two great catches. They put him on the pup list so they can bring him back after game 6. They did that before AB. They wanted him available for the playoffs. I believe he is the first WR BB has taken in the first round since he got too NE? Chad Jackson and Branch were both 2nd round picks. Jackson did nothing, Branch had a solid NFL career including 17 playoff games.

Considering where the Pats draft every year and the relatively few roster spots they carry because of the quality of their team, they are terrific at drafting. We should be so lucky with our new GM.

Edelman was drafted to be a WR in the 7th round. He made the squad as a special teams player and WR and had several starts and good production as a WR in his first year. He won the job no doubt but he was absolutely drafted as a WR by the Pats.

I'm partial to Harry because I live in AZ and have seen him play. He has great hands, great route runner and he's big and goes and gets the ball. He's also a very hard worker with a great work ethic. I think they got a potential great WR at 32.

NYJetsO12 likes this.