Another tear down

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Oct 6, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ask the colts how good it is to have a top 3 pick in a qb heavy draft.
    we just need a quentin nelson level player to be available when we trade down

sackexchange likes this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Jerry Jeudy, Andrew Thomas, Chase Young.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What got the Colts the top 3 pick also got their franchise QB to retire. So I wouldn't use them as a model.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes this likely will be a tear down - just not sure who will remain - off the field and on the sideline.

IMO this may be worse than the kotite years - perhaps not record wise - but the quality personnel is LESS than what kotite had. Parcells is on record for saying the jets in 97 had enough pieces to work with.

we more than likely have the QB - so that's a major, major step.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is what makes me really depressed and angry. How many fucking rebuilds do I have to live through? How can so many other teams win, then rebuild, then win, then rebuild, ad nauseum, while all the Jets ever do is rebuild? Yes, I know incomp-fuckin-tent owners!

Are there any lawyers out there who could come up with a way to sue the Johnsons for malpractice and take every penny they have? Then we fans could form a corporation like Green Bay and take over. Surely we couldn't do worse!

6. Im iffy on Mr. Thomas.UGA vs Texas from late 2nd qtr onward he did not look good. When he loses his confidence he has a habit of his hands/feet not being in sync in pass pro. That speaks to coordination & thats not a good thing to be lacking in an NFL OL. He might be a better fit as a guard where that weakness wont be as exposed as much in the phone booth

7. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I can't even be hopeful of a Gase firing cause he connived to get his buddy as GM.....need an act of God:eek:

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m not talking about how they got there only what they did with it once they had it.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm all for going WR in round 1. I just want to keep all options open as the roster has holes at so many key positions. I haven't watched Thomas play, but have read that he is considered the top OL prospect.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. For me its WR or trade down & take OL.Thomas will look dominant for a few series & then looks lousy. His stock 3 weeks ago was around pick 8 now hes back to top 3. He’ll likely bounce around a few times over by season’s end.

Trey Adams is likely the best OT in this class but the injuries cause quite a bit of pause.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

We've been in a perpetual state of "rebuilding" for what seems like an eternity. But again, all you have to do is look how badly we've drafted over the last decade and its no surprise that the jets seem to take one step forward, two steps back. Our piss poor, top heavy roster, is not aided by the shitty coaching on display.

Sam is gonna come back and probably sustain a ridiculous injury because the o-line is the worst in the league.

Absolutely disgusting what's going on with this team

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Dude they can literally draft any other position other than DT or middle linebacker and we’re good. Problem is we keep doing stupid things.

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

We all know they're going to draft a DT with the first pick.

It should be either a WR or OL, but it'll be a DT. Because we're the Jets and we can't have nice things.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I bet a good comedy writer could come up with better material than Gase.

15. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

There is no... "may lose both games to the Dolphins". lol... You WILL lose both games to the Dolphins! We may suck... but we know we dont suck as much as a Adam Gase coached team. lol... Hang in there Jets fans... We dealt with this neanderthal for 3 years. He wont last nowhere near that long with you guys. This is a guy who is quoted as saying he doesnt have his Oline block some guys so that the QB has to get rid of the ball quicker lol... Unbelievable.