Another great win for these young Jets. Make that 3 consecutive!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I love when they win, but when you see how bad the other team was and how bad the jets offense was, it's frustrating.

As a football fan I wasn't happy that they generated 35 yards of total offense in the first half, any jet fan who tries to gloss that over just because they won is blinding themselves to a reality that will be revealed when they play a good offensive team that doesn't make mistakes.

TonyFtLaud and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So what happens if we play the Pats tough next week? They're not the juggernaut they were thought to be. If we lose say 24-14 or something of the sorts with the final New England score coming late are we to still be frustrating with them winning?

I'm glad to see some progression of certain players. ASJ looked like he had a good game. Kearse continues to perform. Defense looked like they played solidly although against a bad offense. Not sure where the running game was or why it was seemingly completely abandoned from the beginning.

Was Mo Claiborne solid in coverage? He had two passes defenses. Jamal Adams appeared like he was all over the field with a ton of tackles.

Was there pressure today? The defensive line was sackless again....

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

This is what I see: a lame duck coach playing a lame duck QB - it would be unfathomable to think these 2 will be with the team in 2018 ..

We dare to expect more than 3 wins the rest of the way - otherwise the Giants will be picking ahead of us for their franchise QB.

4. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Cleveland were stacking the box hard, and Morton didn't go to the play action until the second half for some reason.

Pressure wasn't really there for the most part. May have been due to all of the option plays that had the line second guessing the run or pass from the QB.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ah I see. Thank for the assessment. McCown remains unspectacular but getting the job done. Is this the first time he's won 3 in a row?

I made the comparison of this team to the 2011 Titans who went 9-7 with an old past his prime Matt Hasselback and Jake Locker on the bench. Unspectacular at mostly everything but playing sound football in most aspects without turnovers.

They also had a solid young secondary and didn't generate a great pass rush either. Only one 'star' on the team in Chris Johnson who didn't play like one.

It'd be pretty remarkable to see us go 9-7 but it's not impossible.

6. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Humorous. I don't know where you get 'lame-duck coach.' I've been a big-time critic of Bowles in the past. However, he has improved as a HC this season, as has the Jets staff. The team plays hard for Bowles & this staff which is always a priority when considering a HC and their staff.

You might want to think this one through again. Bowles is far from a lame-duck at this juncture and will probably be extended for 2 more years either during this season or immediately afterward.

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey. If these younger kids suck. And they're horrible enough to go 0-16? Then your little Darnold or any other college QB would look like Ryan Leaf. Surrounded by a bunch of 0-16/1-15/2-14 incompetent jags on offense & defenses that can't help him.

So for all of these fans miserable about an extremely young team coming off a road win along with three consecutive wins? They should be thankful. That their next QB won't be surrounded by incompetent offense but rather instead a young, talented and promising one.

But no. They rather their next #1 overall draft pick QB walk into a Ryan Leaf or David Carr type of shit show situation behind an incompetent 0-16/1-15 living nightmare.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways. You can't expect an 0-16 crap roster followed by a miracle god given college QB and expect for that #1 pick to turn into anything here in N.Y. He'll bust and flop faster than an N.Y minute. & no talented game changing veteran FA will want to sign with a crap team with a rookie hopeful. Sorry but we'd have cap space for nothing. You better be THANKFUL 2017 Jets have came out the gates trying, fighting, competing and yes; winning some games in between.

I'm excited for this up coming off-season knowing that we have a ton of cap space begind a current group of young players who are exceeding expectations and showing heart throughout. These kids can line up and play ball. They're not incompetent wastes as you and the media experts made out to be heading into 2017.

Can't wait for Sunday. To see these young kids play a meaningful game against a longtime division rival with 1st place on the line. At home. Powell. Elijah. Robby. Stewart. Seferian-Jenkins. Jamal Adams. Marcus Maye. Maybe Ealy. Leonard Williams. Darron Lee. Claiborne etc I'm excited to see how these players respond and fight with 1st place on the line. I care more about these kids success than any college player pipedream.

I bet one thing. I bet they don't roll over and play dead in a 20+ slaughtering like some of you all currently "claiming".

#87 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    SOJAZ, Andy_M and JulesWinfield89 like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Oh yea. One more thing. Because it's just funny.

The same one's on this forum who let us all know during the off-season just how incompetent, awful, disgraceful and embarrassing we'd be (against every team) with records of 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 etc are now the same one's saying ahhhhh "maybe 4-5 wins tops" are also now the same fans who can't enjoy a matchup for 1st place against a heated enemy with 4-2 as a team.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

My Wolverines, Rangers, Yankees, Knicks
    ALL
    Shit the bed this weekend...

The fact that this team is giving me some joy is exactly WHY you root for your teams.
    The JETS who everyone said might win 1 or NO games.

Fuk y'all. My beer tastes sweeter tonight. ;)

10. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Indeed, quite an impressive array of talent evaluators and player personnel directors on this board with their pre-season forecasts, astute and pointed football fans, I guess. Perhaps they all got their degrees from the Rich Cimini school of football?

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I continue to live the life of a schizophrenic Jets fan: Wanting them to win AND lose at the same time. In the end I always come down on the side of rooting for the win, but this despite the winning streak and record, this team needs lots of help.

Since I didn't see the game and could only check in on NFL.com, I'm curious: why did they completely abandon the running game? Last week they looked like they finally had that part of the offense working, and I understand that the Browns were likely geared up to stop the run, but still...32 total yards rushing for the game? If you can't run the ball better than that against one of the worst teams in the NFL, you're pretty pathetic. And while McCown wasn't bad, what is wrong with bringing in Petty? Yeah, I know..."McCown gives us the best chance to win". I would amend that to read "McCown gives us the best chance to win...TODAY, and FUCK the future!.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

With all due respect but you'd be even more "delusional" to believe that a (current college) QB wouldn't absolutely FLOP & BUST if being selected 1st overall by a Jets team just coming off an 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 etc type of incompetent roster behind both an offense and defense that'll get him killed faster than David Carr and Ryan Leaf failed in both Houston & San Diego.

Now. That. Is the detention of delusional.

Sorry but these young gun 2017 Jets showing signs of life and fighting hard (rather than rolling over and playing dead for a mystery college kid) is more important than you realize and understand.

It's now looking like the next franchise "hopeful" regardless if Petty, a drafted QB or a FA QB could maybe, just maybe.... become surrounded by a young, talented, competitive and promising one. Rather than the incompetent SD Leaf & HOU Carr shit shows that you're dreaming for...

FanSinceBIGShea likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not true. Successful QBs taken by teams that went 3-13 or worse include Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Alex Smith, Philip Rivers, and Carson Palmer.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Ryan Leaf wasn't the #1 overall pick in the draft. Ryan Leaf was the QB San Diego had to select #2 because the Colts chose Peyton Manning with the #1 overall pick in the draft. How'd the Peyton Manning pick work out?

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. And ain't none of them win a SB yet and most never will. Wake me up when they do and ANDREW LUCK? His team around him sucks. I bet he can't wait to get out of there and how many SB's Rivers, Stafford, Smith and Palmer ever won? How many losing seasons? Exactly my point. And little Marcus Mariota's Tennessee Titans are far. Far. Far away from a SB contender #1/#2 overall or not.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

You didn't say anything about winning SBs. You said we'd be delusional not to think any QB we'd take would bust if we went 3-13 or worse. If you'd talked about SBs instead, I'd have agreed with you.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hope our Jets aren't looking ahead to our rematch with the Dolphins and take NE lightly. This is a trap game for sure. I know it's a home game and the Jets are favored by 17 (i think) but we still gotta play the game.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

None of these QBs declaring next year are Peyton or even luck. The people hoping to get beat each week are fuckin losers. We've not drafted one good offensive player in my lifetime. Just go with the flow and see what happens. Teams that have good management find talent no matter where they draft

Red Menace likes this.
  19. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Could one of these tankers please tell me which qb they want so badly that we just can't go without him ? That ship sailed with mariota Winston a few years ago

20. HomeoftheJets

I wouldn't call myself a tanker, but at this point I think Jets need to be handed a QB on a silver platter. I know teams can get franchise QBs no matter where they're picking and there's no guarantee with a top pick, but we've been so QB blind I want the decision of who we're going to take to be made for us.