Another great win for these young Jets. Make that 3 consecutive!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. And they were also better than N.Y back in 2010 @ N.E during playoffs.

Let's please pump the breaks on acting as if underdogs can't and don't win in the NFL.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Next week's thread title, Great effort by young team, who falls victim to trap game....

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Would be hysterical what fans of the tank would say if the Jets were to improve to 4-2 with a win against N.E & 1st place of the AFC East heading into week 7 against Miami. I'd pay to see it. Would be hilarious to see.

horsehead likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jets won the SB in 1969 and 7 years ago is a lifetime in the NFL.. Todd Blowes is not Rex Ryan and the Jets do indeed have a punchers chance in beating the Patriots. Reality sucks though and the Jets have been lucky that their schedule has been soft as warm ice cream so far. They have beaten nobody of note except for a Dolphin team with a barely interested Cutler. The rest of the season will show just how far along the Jets are in their rebuild. This team maybe competitive against the Clevelands and Jaguars of the NFL, but lets see how they do when they step up in class.

TonyFtLaud, grkmanga31 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The Jets definitely showed their schizophrenic side today. This game was all about whivh team wanted to lose the most today. Obviously the Browns beat the Jets in that regard also. With how poor they were running the ball and how many penalties they committed, this is not a 5 win team, probably 4-12?

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fuck off.

RuJFan likes this.
  7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

They've won three Super Bowls in my lifetime and I've never been more jealous of Giants fans than I am today. That team is setting themselves up for another 15 years of success.

Woodhead, grkmanga31 and BigSnacks54 like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Then go root for them. You've seen the commercials.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets and Dierking like this.
  9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we are not going to get a top 5 pick now so may as well just strap in and enjoy the wins when they come and hope we see some development in this young team. :)

Bellows1 and Cman68 like this.
  10. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Oh come on, we played 3 quarters of terrible football and McCown can thank Claiborne and our kicker for the win. He can also thank the Browns for shooting themselves in the foot. I felt terrible watching this game. Anyone who thinks we can beat the Pats or win more than 1 game until the end is severely delusional. Yes we have good talent, yes we have prospects, but please don't start hype trains. How many rushing yards did we have? 34 to Cleveland's 140. 3rd down conversions? McCown was tied to Hogan in passing yards, overall Cleveland had 100 more.

11. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

The Jets are absolutely flawed, but that last touchdown drive seemed like the real deal. IN particular, the TD pass looked like a play that real, winning teams would draw up. And McClown, for his part, made the correct call (and quickly, too).

The Jets might now win another game all year, but, right now, they're 3-2 and tied for first in the East. I'm going to enjoy that.

13. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donkey, RuJFan, NY Jets68 and 3 others like this.
  14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

xxedge72x likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Damn. I almost forgot that the Jets play the "Patriots" every week. Hah.

Oh. Yea. It's just funny for all those football experts who predicted the Jets would be completely incompetent while being unable to line up on Sunday's against ANY TEAM now being 3-2 overall.

And hey. Even if N.E does what they're SUPPOSED to do and beats our Jets... we'll still respond to 4-3 the following week against Miami.

I'm enjoying these young underdog kids and oh so sorry if you all aren't.

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This is still a 5-11 team. They will beat the Fins and Chargers and that’s it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ohhhhhh so NY has "zero chance" of also beating the Bills (3-2), Bucs (2-2), Saints (2-2)??

You all are funny.

Bet you didn't have the Jets @ 3-2 after 5 weeks or 4-3 are 7 weeks either. Haha.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If they beat the Pats then I will fully give up on the tank.

NYJetsO12 and Vahncase like this.
  19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Oh give me a break. They are not. Go be jealous of the Giants who have no chance of finishing lower then Cleveland or San Francisco and Darnold isn't even coming out now.

20. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

This game might be the worst football game I have ever seen. Cleveland had 3 turnovers in the red zone (fumble, interception and on downs) and missed 2 field goals. The jets had something like 50 yards of offense at the half. Both teams had a slew of terrible penalties. They barely escaped with a win against a terrible Cleveland team and they needed 3 turnovers and 2 missed field goals from an 0-4 Cleveland team to get it. This team isn’t going anywhere. The question I kept asking myself as I was watching was why is McCown starting for this team? I still can’t find an answer that makes any sense. My best theory is that McCown has pictures showing Bowles engaging in sexual activity with a goat or something similar.

BomberJet and NYJetsO12 like this.