Anonymous source or GM needs to be fired now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Jan 5, 2009.

1. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I actually think Jets fans need someone to complain about constantly. Mangini was the favored whipping boy. Now it's Tannenbaum since he's a "lawyer" and only "good with the cap". I think everyone is excited to find out who the new coach is that they will get to complain about for the next 3 years.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Yea, it's fuckin crazy. There hasn't been a decent thing said about this organization in like a week. Everything and everyone is doomed.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

All they have to do is draft a decent Qb to give hope for the future and that will change.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

5. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Thats right. I had to many windows open and didnt do a search. What a jack ass he was. Him, Beasley, Donnie abe wow what a nightmare we had back there.

6. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

It's in the papers today, Star-Ledger among others....

Giants' Steve Spagnuolo doesn't blow Jets away in interview for head coaching job, Brian Schottenheimer emerges as front-runner
    by Dave Hutchinson/The Star-Ledger
    Sunday January 04, 2009, 2:40 PM

Rich Kane/US Presswire
    Steve Spagnuolo
    Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo didn't blow the Jets away during his interview Saturday at the team's Florham Park complex, and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer has emerged as the front-runner after the first week of the team's coaching search, according to two people with knowledge of the club's thinking.

Spagnuolo, in his second season as the Giants' defensive boss, is the hottest assistant coach at the moment among NFL teams searching for a head coach. But even though he did a solid job during his interview with the Jets, he wasn't as prepared as one would expect, according to one person.

The people requested anonymity because the Jets' search to replace the fired Eric Mangini is ongoing and they are not authorized to speak for the team or the candidates involved.

7. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

Guys, have you ever thought in the possibility of a journalist making this up to sell newspapers and make an editor happy?

8. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

How can he be prepared when he has a full time job with the Giants? Have the Jets ever heard of a thing called the playoffs?

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Maybe he doesn't want the Jets job? Rumor's also have him as the top candidate for Denver which is a much better job.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Denver has to be a much more appealing job. The one issue is his family living in Philly.

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This whole thing has me confused. First when a GM and Head coach both make the decisions to ramp up the spending and bet the farm on potential of a new core group of players and it goes down in flames , then both usually go away. This time the GM looks as if he was behind the scenes throwing his good friend to the wolves. Then we get the reports that the GM was willing to change his position within the organization to attract a premiere coach , but then a dull thud came out that he wouldn't come out of retirement and eventually said he would finish out his broadcasting contract.

The second hand information about spagnolo's interview would confirm what I believe is a bad situation for the Jets. I believe we have blown our only chance to attract a quality coach to our team. There isn't a quality coach that is out there that will want this job. The only way to change the situation is to clean house and leave a blank canvas for another full control coach to paint his masterpiece.

I have liked Tanny since he's been attached to our team (Cap-guru and a guy who can get a deal done). maybe he should be an agent instead of a NFL GM. If we settle , it will be year after year of the blaming game. We went from high flying super bowl bound to No Quarter back and the scourge of the NFL coaching world in one year.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This three ring circus is going from bad to worse.

Now we've got "leaks" that Spags didn't interview well. How freakin' amateurish do we need to get? Now I've read that we've got a whole laundry list of other guys.

Next it'll be the offensive coordinator of the black-and-orange Linden High School Tigers.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I just heard Glazer say the exact opposite of our resident Lombardi Gsour on the "out of bounds" show on fox radio (national broadcast)

Craig Sheeman (sp?) asked that particular question and he rebuted it sayin "no, no, no..... they really like him, but the interview was brief as he's preparing for the playoffs" (paraphrasing) and that he was impressed with the JETS interview process, as it was the most thorough (meeting with 5 different depts), professional and unlike most teams.

So like I said, stop acting like women, and we'll all see hat happens when it does.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The only problem with the original post is that it is ridiculous to beloeve that when someone interviews for a head coaching job in the NFL that he only meets with one person. You cant be serious. I sell software for God's sake and I interviewed with 5 people over 2 days! And that was before the second round of interviews.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

so its absolutely impossible that spags was unprepared and not that impressive? this is probably some crazy plot to sell some psl's, everything the jets do is to sell is psl's right?

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We will get a coach who had no where else to go but the Jets.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yep...it is.....

18. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Enough with psl's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Right, I mean the guy probably has all kinds of time on his hands right now while preparing for the divisional round opponent and interviewing for probably about 4 other HC opportunities.

20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Wow I never knew that, that is really interesting and ironic to say the least...

I haven't really wanted Spags, unless he was willing to stay with the 3-4 (which I don't think he would). If we switched back to 4-3, it was be a rebuilding process all over again, and it seems thats all we have been doing most of this millennium.

#40 JackBower, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009