Andy Reid's son arrested again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by twinjetfan, Aug 23, 2007.

1. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2988775

Police stop Britt Reid, son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, for suspected DUI in parking lot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa. -- One of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons, awaiting sentencing in a road-rage case, was detained Thursday on suspicion of driving while impaired.

Britt Reid, 22, of Villanova, failed a sobriety test in a store parking lot around 3:45 p.m. and was given a blood test, Assistant Police Chief Joseph Lawrence of Plymouth Township said.

Reid struck a shopping cart when officers activated their lights, Lawrence said.

No charges were filed Thursday. Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said he was told not to take any action until the blood test results come back, which he said would not be until Monday at the earliest.

"What we have is the possibility of a crime; we don't have evidence of a crime, not yet," Castor said.

Reid is free on bail pending sentencing in the Jan. 30 road-rage case, in which police said he brandished a handgun at another driver. He pleaded guilty last week to gun and drug charges and faces a possible six to 14 months in jail.

Defense lawyers did not immediately return phone messages Thursday.

Senior Deputy Attorney General Marc Costanzo, who prosecuted the first case, said an impaired-driving charge could violate Reid's bail conditions. Reid's lawyers have said he is undergoing outpatient treatment at a substance-abuse center.

Reid's 24-year-old brother, Garrett, faces at least three days in jail after pleading guilty last month to drug and traffic offenses. Garrett Reid admitted to using heroin the day he ran a red light in Plymouth Township and hit another car.

Is this the one going to prison, or is it the other one? Either way, not good.

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

It's the younger brother...

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Man I feel bad for Reid... seems like a decent guys whose kids are a mess

4. rillo

rillo New Member

Lock his ass up!

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Don't you see the connection? An good NFL head coach spends every waking minute thinking football. The tradeoff? FAMILY

Look at Tony Dungy. Great guy. Kid had issues. 'nuff said.

6. GreenMachine

OK...so a man who works hard at his job will produce bad children.....

I guess it is only inevitable until every man in the worlds kids do something stupid...

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think there's some merit to that argument, although I don't think it explains everything. I know that if my father was making millions and never there, I would probably have been hip-deep in all kinds of trouble. It doesn't explain most things, however, especially in conditional instances like this. There was far more than Reid's job that was the problem, but his absence probably had some sort of contributing effect on the kid.

#7 abyzmul, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

the other thing is that his absence is mainly between June - January & I know a coach is still working during the offseason like for the draft but nowhere near as much as during the season... I heard Mangini took a month long family vacation to Hawaii... something my dad never did... so I don't completely buy the Dad's at work argument....

9. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

I can't understand how Dungy & Reid turn out to be good coaches but miserable fathers. It seems like a trend.

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I think people fit into a few groups ? parenting and outside influence can only influence those in the (2) middle. Fortunately, I think the large percentage of kids are number two ? but if you end up with a defective kid (1)?it doesn?t matter what you do.

1) Those who are born to lose and will insist on doing so regardless of opportunity
    2) Those who sway like the wind and could be guided or influenced
    3) Those who will excel / succeed regardless of how fucked up their life is or how many excuses they have to just lay down and be a fuck up.

if you don?t think there are born winners and losers ? your kidding yourself.

11. brothermoose

Actually, I'm a big proponent of nurture over nature. Once you get past the biochemical limitations due to genetics, the rest is all experience. I don't believe in born winners or losers unless you're talking about birth defects. And even then, there are plenty of retarded people that enjoy life more than me just because they're oblivious.

I really do think there's a direct link between the amount of time a father spends at his job/extra-familial activities and the behavior and life choices of his children. Post back if you care and I'll actually take the time to find the studies I used in college. Until then, spend some time with your kids. If you don't have any of those, get crack-a-lackin'...its fun just pretending to make babies!

12. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I don?t totally disagree ? in fact I completely agree with retarded people enjoying life due to the fact that they are oblivious.

And maybe when I gave my list ? I wasn?t clear that I think the bulk of people will fit into category two where they will benefit (or suffer) from positive influences throughout their lives.

Still ? I say there are those?say the upper 5% or lower 5% that will win or lose regardless. I know kids that I grew up with that got every opportunity handed to them; and I?ll go as far as to say that their relationship wasn?t much different than I had with my father?but they are total fuck ups ? and there will never be any helping them.

I know other people though ? that have every excuse in the world to be a criminal or a degenerate but?completely on their own because of something within ? they made it (I have the utmost respect for these people by the way)

Myself ? I was a wild child?probably could easily gone either way as far as social acceptability but was fortunate enough to have a father who knew when to put a foot in my ass.

13. brothermoose

Okay, so you're saying the majority fit into your #2, which is nurture. That "something within", yeah, that was taught at some point whether it was a parent or a movie. And in your case, you credit your father. In all of these cases, your "born loser" argument loses validity. No such thing as a bad dog...just bad trainers. The only exceptions in my mind are biochemical as previously stated. And I thought you'd like the shout-out to oblivious retards:lol:

14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

So if I buy what you are selling ? what?s with the kid who had a nearly identical upbringing to me ? but is such an ass clown, when having sex, always has to be on the bottom because he can only fuck up?

15. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Well now that they are both in jail, and now garrett reid got caught trying to smuggle pills.....through his ass hole.

BTW, I couldn't find any link to verify this, but I'm assuming its true because its all over the Eagles Boards.