Ancient aliens.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, May 11, 2013.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Their idea of a convenience store may be close to ours of a space station.

2. abyzmul

Good point. What proof do we have that they understood sex?

That Crying Game guy thing could have been a sex symbol for a race with no sexual identity.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I actually started watching that whiles back and went to fact check the first few claims, but couldn't find any information on it other than what they had at their website. I'm a bit skeptical about that, although I'm also skeptical about ancient aliens, and none is really verifiable. To me it just seems like a different interpretation of the evidence than the standard. Part of me thinks that if the show intentionally lied about things like building materials at ancient sites, all they are doing is making believers look like fools. They must have known this going in, hence the shady stoner looking dude in the pics above that draws the conclusions. If they lied, then they did it for that reason exactly. But why? If they were wrong unintentionally or didn't lie, then it speaks volumes about the other side. I definitely would like to sit back and get into that research, both sides just seemed very vague when it came to verifiable facts. Maybe the whole thing is one giant distraction.

With that said, I do still feel that there easily could have been an older advanced human society. When you see us going from horses and candle light to spaceships and global networks in a few hundred years, it makes you wonder if some similar type of technology boom could have happened in the past. The problem is that we have very little physical evidence of anything Sumerian or prior because the end of the last glacial period (mini ice age) was quite harsh on the planet with lots of localized flooding, sea level rising, drastic weather patterns and lots of other major changes as the climate got warmer. I also suspect an impact event around the same time. What was hominid life like during the last ice age, and even prior to it. 300,000 years is a long time. The last glacial period ended 10-12 thousand years ago. It started 110,000 years back. Before then there was a 20,000 year warm period.

I also think alien visitation in the past is possible. It makes you wonder if the word "god" originally meant something else. Reading the bible without the presupposition that god is a magic sky man changes it's meaning drastically. It does indeed sound like a scientist in a lab. I have read that the remnants of the Sumerian tablets mention things about being enslaved by some group of people and being forced to mine for gold. Bedtime stories, or a twist on reality? Who knows. Tons of ancient culture mention gods. They had to be influenced somehow. Was that their version of scifi stories? Who knows really?

4. abyzmul

It's a proven fact that von Danikken lied or exaggerated a lot of details about Chariots of the Gods to get the attention of people.

What is never accepted is that the people that try to discredit every word he ever printed did a lot of exaggerating to do it.

People that want to completely dismiss these fantastical theories will really accept debunkers that exaggerate their own explanations.

Because that is what they want to believe.

It's funny, I like to bash centrists that argue government, but I am mainly a centrist when it comes to this stuff.

Sometimes neither side is completely wrong. They just only admit to the truths that make them comfortable.

No lie is believable if it is completely wrong.