An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It was not the same team. You have no cred when you pretend it was.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

EDIT: Either they're not dealing with cuts as well as they should or their funding system is broken.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's funny how he keeps repeating the same thing like people don't know better. Ask him how many games the great Tebow won in the regular season where the broncos gave up more than 15 points.

4. catfish

catfish New Member

but the academic budget is reliant on money from the state, athletics is self funded and takes up 0% of the academic budget. The money from the state for the academic budget got cut, so the graduate portion of the college of computer science was closed down. The athletic dept is not affected by the academic budget in any way and operates as a completely seperate entity it's budget is done independant of the academic budget, so if athletics suffers a shortfall they would need to cut programs, it hasn't happened in 20 + years. It no different than departments of a business setting their own budgets, make sure your own department is fully funded first, then look to boosting other departments budgets with Surplus

The athletic department self funds, and at the end of the year whatever is left of their budget gets donated to UF academics, this year the budget went up due to rising fuel costs, but they still are self funded, the amount of money available to donate would just be less.

5. VanderbiltJets

You're right

6. catfish

catfish New Member

blind squirrel and such ;)

7. catfish

catfish New Member

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

9. catfish

catfish New Member

#329 catfish, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

not really, the tebois want to claim it was the SAME broncos team that lost all those games in the last 2 years before Tebow stepped in and saved the day. Clearly the defense was playing balls out in a lot of those wins.

11. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

So what was so different, besides losing receivers? And why didn't that vaunted D play balls out before then?

12. VanderbiltJets

The 2010 and 2011 NFL Drafts, for starters.

13. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

wow, there were drafts? thanks. my point was that team was garbage until Tebow started, that is fact. i'm not saying he did it all himself, either.

14. catfish

catfish New Member

no team is the same year to year, Denver definately added some defensive talent, and the D carried more than their share of the wins. However in the few games the defense didn't play great they were absolutely terrible, giving up 5 40 + games in a season is not good. I write the inconsistancy to youth and the loss of a veteran leader at the end of the season. The only real winnable game that Denver lost with Tebow as QB was KC, with maybe Buffalo being thrown in the mix as at least arguable. Denver lived or died by the D.

As a Teboi (I hate that term by the way)I will sum up my point thusly

1. I will not argue that Tebow is a below average passer, he is. I think with his running ability it puts him at the bottom edge of mediocre, no more than that. Definately not "the greatest ever" that I see Tebow fans accused of saying.

2. I do not think he should start this year, he was supposed to be a 3 year project. He was started too soon and it shows. A year on the bench could work wonders.

3. While not good, he is far from horrible, even discounting his running he is performing up to what you might expect from an average 2nd year guy. I have made my explanations on completion% and tried to highlight the info the splits provide, but it seems to fall on deaf ears so I won't go into it again.

4. I can't guarantee he will develop into an even adequate QB, what I don't get is why people are ready to write him off after 16 games. I think that the jury should be out on Tebow until he gets 30 or so games as a starter under his belt, or at least a full seaon where he is the undisputed starter going in to camp.

I dont feel any of these thing are fanatical or really out there as far as opinions go, and with few exceptions reflect the attitude of most of the folks I have seen labeled as Tebois.

15. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

^ You kiss too much ass on this board to be a Tebot. "While not good", "bottom edge of mediocre" just helps to endear you to some of these people. Hopefully they will like you.

16. catfish

catfish New Member

I graduted undergrad from UF in 06, wife graduted from Grad school at UF in '08. I am the definition of a Tebot, I am not trying to endear myself just trying to say it like I see it. Just because I am a fan of Tebow doesn't meant I will ignore the way things are

17. Big Blocker

It's as if he and the others who continue to spout that nonsense think we're too stupid to know any better. If I cared for that sort of opinion, had any respect for it, I might find it very insulting. But since they're really here not to make a real case but instead to wave pom poms and cheer loudly, I guess it's best to just look on that no cred "point" as useless noise.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Good points. Of course, if you're a fan of Tebow's who wants him to succeed because of what he brings to the game but also understands he's got some significant areas he needs to improve on pretty quickly, then you're a kiss ass... I guess.

Go figure.

19. catfish

catfish New Member

you know you are reasonable if both sides are pissed ;)

20. Big Blocker

First of all I have nothing personal against Tebow. I really don't. Beyond that the general notion of wanting this or that Jet player to do well is all well and good, but it does not substitute for a reasonable analysis that would suggest it is likely that will happen. Without the latter, the former is not much good to me.

I can't hold it against Tebow himself if some of his supporters, far too many, imo and btw, come on here and attempt to claim that the Broncos did much better (ignoring hte latter games when they did not, of course) for the sole reason that Orton was replaced by Tebow. I myself willfully acknowledge that this does not prevent anyone, should not, from pointing out what good things can be said about him, as long as you can back it up.

But I will also, in full disclosure, acknowledge that I will be surprised if Tebow succeeds with the Jets by any reasonable measure. That is based on my own understanding of the game, and how it should be played, and what Tebow has and has not shown that is relevant. I might even be taken aback somewhat were that to happen.

But does that mean I would prefer to be right than the Jets succeed? No. First of all I have been wrong before, and don't really find that all that unpleasant an experience. It is a rare one, though. Hopefully it does not become too common. But I would rather be wrong and see the Jets succeed.

More likely I fear is the scenario that the coming season will amount to a waste of time and whatever opportunity there would have otherwise been. The logic of keeping Sanchez was such that MS should have been given one more season of a real shot. I can't see how bringing Tebow in helps with that, and actually it should hurt it. And if Sanchez fails we will likely end the season with two Qb's who do not add up to a single decent one, with their contracts presenting a combined problem going forward.

Still, if it all turns to shit, maybe they finally get rid of Tanny. Maybe Woody is so embarrassed he sells the team.

I can hope.