An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Slappin around a moron is not much of a skin-getter-under. It's actually kinda fun, it a twisted sort of way.

And I see that you've learned nothing from that other guys eval of your lack of factual response.

Drivel on, my factual posts always show you up for exactly what you are.
    ==============

"Irrelevant information."

Vandy-Candy knows trivial and irrelevant inside and out.
    The last time that a Candy football team beat the Gators was 4 decades and about 6 head coaches ago.
    Even their Cutler-Clown left the SWAMP with him and his diddy both crying whining and sniveling.
    Then he got ran out of Denver for much the same reason....
    ---------------

"In this case Tebow didn't win the job. Orton lost the job and Tebow happened to be the #2."

That overrated Candy education of yours is showing.

In 2010 when Orton was a 2nd year donkey and a 7th year Vet, while Tebow was just an incoming rookie QB, that's true.

However, Orton 2010 W/L .231 -- Tebow 2010 W/L .333.
    In the 2011 season it was just a bad choice on the part of the 'Best Chance to Win' donkey brainiacs that put
    loser Orton back in as the 2011 starter.

Tebow 108 PER just happened to be #2 in front of 5th year Vet Quinn 69 PER. I see....

And had Fired-Fox had a clue, he'd have realized after the 2011 Preseason that a 108 PER + 5.4 ypc
    is better than a 104 PER from a late game choker.
    But being the Fired from Panthers moron that he is, he had to learn the hard (loser) way.
    This is the same guy that drafted Jimmy 'da Pickle' Clausen, 3 TD's to 9 Ints and ended up fired.

Orton 2011 W/L 1-4 .200 -- Tebow 2011 W/L 8-5 .615

Yep, Tebow never did a thing to be the donkey starter all right....
    2010/11 - Orton 4-14 --- Tebow 9-7
    --------------

"You didn't take into account sample size. You're incorrect here."

All I did was post their actual stats from NFL.com,,, and I've got your sample size swinging....
    But you're free to make more than some vague 'sample size' comment with a more complete explanation for us.
    --------------

Ole San's girlfriend, or else his momma I'm guessing....

PS

I want MS to start and do well, so that the Jets win.
    I also want TT to play and do well, so that the Jets win.

And if the Jets deal TT elsewhere and hire PM from the donkeys, that will be just fine with me to.
    Cause just like the donkeys, the Jets won't stop TT from being an NFL QB.
    They can only stop TT from being a Jets QB,,,, entirely up to the guy who 'owns' the team.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

True Vanderbilt fans hate Cutler.

And what is this "Vandy Candy" thing? We're probably the only SEC school that doesn't say ridiculous things about our school team...

"It's great. To be. A ______ ______!"

EDIT: Just saw "overrated education".

Top 20 in the country just behind Cornell and Brown and ahead of Emory, Cal-Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, UVA, Wake Forest and UCLA is the epitome of overrated. The Class of 2016 statistics show the school is full of overrated dumbasses (12% admit rate, 10% admissions rate, 1470-1590 median SAT score, Average high school class rank from the top 2.77%). Your factual analysis is on-point. Being from Florida I obviously got into UF with a full-ride and turned them down. The only overrated part of education in the SEC is the SEC outside of Vanderbilt-- as your sole upper-bound outlier we carry the conference academically.

A major misnomer about collegiate education in America is that once a student enters college they're on an equal playing field with every other student enrolled in an American college-- that notion is patently false. If colleges were equally difficult in terms of course work and material than every "average" university would exhibit a standard grading curve while every "elite" university, like Vanderbilt, would have a campus-wide 3.99 average GPA. Harvard would have a 4.0 average GPA. However, because schools can't allow grades to inflate, they make their coursework more difficult to challenge the abilities of their students.

Hence, in the purest sense, Vanderbilt is vastly superior to any other SEC school by far.

#282 VanderbiltJets, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  3. whichfan

whichfan New Member

While no doubt Fox and Delhomme needed to be broken up, I disagree Fox was the moron in Charlotte. That FO is beyond moronic. Whether you want to credit Tebow or not, Fox reached the playoffs in his first year with Denver, with a make shift offense and controversial QB and much less talent than he left behind in Charlotte, especially on defense. Panthers went 6-9 with Cam Newton and Ron Rivera. And the main reason the Panthers lost is because Ron Rivera and his staff have little idea, or perhaps little power, to discipline their team and teach Cam Newton the basics at QB. The GM, who used to be a sports writer, decided he wanted to have the power to put together football teams so he got himself a rookie HC with little pull. The Panthers ended up one of the most undisciplined teams in football last year, despite their potent offense, near top of the league in penalties. A head coach who made the most retarded calls during games because he didn't know how to manage a game(literally gave the Saints 3 points himself last year by calling a timeout before the half ended giving them the chance to kick a FG instead of letting the clock run out). They also completely screwed over Fox in his last year, making him a lame duck coach, telling him it would be his last year, getting rid of his veterans, tying his hands in free agency, and basically asking him to make a run of it with Jimmy Clausen which was a retarded idea. Didn't just screw over Fox, but Clausen too, who was in no position to start at QB.

It's easy to find faults in Fox, and he does have some, but that's because everything else he does as a coach is spot on. The Panthers were not interested in winning, they were interesting in putting together a fun and exciting offense that sold tickets, and purged themselves of most of their star veterans, only to completely misuse their salary cap last year. They're maxed out now, and other than Cam and Olson, have completely mis-managed their salary cap overpaying the wrong players with little to show for it. All their depth are from the John Fox days.

Personally I'll take wins and playoffs versus stats and lots of yards on offense.

#283 whichfan, Apr 1, 2012
  4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'm still trying to figure out what Vanderbilt is even doing in the SEC, other than ruining the curve.

5. VanderbiltJets

The SEC is all about tradition. What is Missouri and Texas A&M doing there? How about Arkansas and South Carolina?

Founding members ('32)!

Don't forget Ole Miss and UT... They're factories for students with SEVERE learning disabilities and currently have inferior football programs.

#285 VanderbiltJets, Apr 1, 2012
  6. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Well Vandy certainly has a tradition... of losing. (I know, y'all are actually pretty good in a host of other sports, but let's face it SEC is Football, not academics, not any other sport.)

Kind of agree with the above,though. South Carolina is fairly easy to accept. Arkansas a bit less so. A&M, nah...

Lord help us if FSU or Miami ever join.

All kidding aside, Vanderbilt is a great school and anyone who matriculated there has every right to be proud of it.

7. VanderbiltJets

James Franklin has changed the culture of the football team a full 180 degrees (players don't smoke anymore being the biggest change). I'm a full believer and wouldn't be surprised if he turned Vanderbilt into a perennial bowl contender, especially considering our close losses this year (by 5 vs UGA, by 3 vs Arkansas, by 5 @ UF, UT in OT). Furthermore we had our best recruiting football class this past year (class of 2016). When in years past we had at least half of our recruits be "2 stars or below" this year we had all 3 stars and above including the most talented recruits we've ever gotten (remember the name Brian Kimbrow).

The least-known fact about Vanderbilt is our horrible luck with our only four-star recruits recruits we ever got prior to 2011:
    Rajaan Bennett (c/o 2014) shot and killed before attending Vandy
    Kwane Doster was shot and killed in Tampa during Winter Break in 2004.
    Marcus Dixon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dixon)
    can't remember the other person

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Just cut your academic requirements a bit and that'll all take care of itself.

9. VanderbiltJets

The University's unwilling to admit players below certain academic levels because they care more about being better than Ivy League schools than winning football games.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Talk about screwed up priorities.

11. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

"Ignorance can be cured, but STU-PID is foo-eva!" -- Ron White :)

UF has been named a Public Ivy. (not a public for dummies)

Did you know that UF, not Vandy, leads the SEC in All Time SEC Academic All Americans?
    At the same time, UF not Bama leads the SEC in All Time 'All Sports' SEC Championships.
    UF is not just a northern football factory. ;)
    ===========

Public Ivy is a term coined by Richard Moll in his 1985 book Public Ivies: A Guide to America's best public undergraduate colleges and universities to refer to universities which "provide an Ivy League collegiate experience at a public school price." Public Ivies are considered to be capable of "successfully competing with the Ivy League schools in academic rigor... attracting superstar faculty and in competing for the best and brightest students of all races."

Moll, who earned his Master of Divinity degree from Yale University in 1959, was an admissions officer at Yale. He traveled the nation examining higher education. In addition to academic excellence, other factors considered by Moll include visual appearance, age, and school traditions as well as certain other Ivy League characteristics.

Greenes' Guides: The more recent and expansive Greene's list of Public Ivy schools includes:

Southern Region: University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)

That's not some small exclusive private school like little Vandy. UF is the 6th largest single-campus university in the United States by student population, with 49,827 students enrolled for the fall 2010 semester, and UF is home to 16 academic colleges and more than 150 research centers and institutes. UF administers 123 master's degree programs and 76 doctoral degree programs in 87 schools and departments.

The University of Florida is ranked 58th overall among ALL national universities, public and private, in the current 2012 U.S. News & World Report rankings and consistently ranks within the top 100 universities Worldwide.

The University of Florida is an elected member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), an exclusive organization composed of just 61 American and Canadian research universities. Florida is one of only 17 public, land-grant universities that belong to the AAU. You must be elected in by the organization to become a member. As of the 2007–08 academic year, Florida ranked 12th among ALL institutions in the number of new National Merit Scholars enrolled. The university has an annual budget of approximately $4.3 billion.

* UF was rated #2 in Kiplinger's 2009 "Best Buys of Education"
    And unlike Vandy, the University of Florida is ranked 2nd overall in the United States for the number of bachelor's degrees awarded to African-Americans, and 3rd overall for Hispanics.
    Diversity and Excellence combined.

Florida ranked 2nd among all universities in Kiplinger's "100 Best Values in Public Colleges" (2006/07/08) and 4th in The Scientist magazine's "Best Places to Work in Academia" (2005); its was also ranked the best overall in top values amongst all the public flagship universities by USA Today (2006). The University of Florida is one of the largest research universities in the nation.

UF admitted 1,179 International Baccalaureate students for the Fall 2009 academic year - more than any other university in the Nation. The freshmen retention rate of 94 percent is among the highest in the U.S.
    The university also achieved a 85% Student Athlete Graduation Success Rate according to the 2009 NCAA Graduation-Rates Report for freshmen who entered in 2002 . This is above the 79% national average.

For 2010/11 UF had 222 Student/Athletes make the SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll.
    The fall 2011 incoming freshman class had an average 4.3 GPA, 1963 SAT score, and 30 ACT score.

UF's Honors Program: There are over 100 courses offered exclusively to students in this program. To be invited to apply to the program, freshmen must have a weighted GPA of at least 4.0 and an SAT score of 2070 out of 2400 or an ACT score of 33. In 2011, more than 1900 students applied for 700 available seats.

The University of Florida's George A. Smathers Libraries, is one of the largest university library systems in the United States. In total, the University of Florida has 10 libraries, and over 5.3 million volumes of books and journals and 7 million microfilms.
    100% of Florida's Pay-per-View football money goes directly to support and expand the UF Library system.
    But what can a UF Degree do for a Gator Grad?

UF's job/career placement services were ranked 1st in the nation by "The Princeton Review" in its "2012 Best 368 Colleges Rankings".

I'll just leave it there so I don't overwhelm anyone,..... :grin:

12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'm a UF Alum and you're even making me a little queasy with this crap celebrating all things UF.

It's a Jets board. No one cares about UF.

13. VanderbiltJets

UF is not one of the public ivies... The purpose of the Public Ivy list in Richard Moll's 1985 book was to identify which universities ""provide an Ivy League collegiate experience at a public school price."

His list: William and Mary, Miami Ohio, Cal, Michigan, Chapel Hill, UT Austin, Vermont and UVA. His "runner up list" didn't even include UF (UC Boulder, GA Tech, Illinois Urbana, New College, Penn State, Pitt, Binghamton, Washington, Madison Wisconsin). A later book titled The Public Ivies: America's Flagship Public Universities by Howard and Matthew Greene published in 2001 expanded the list to 30 schools and included UF. A 30-school list of "Public Ivies" is the same mentality that awards every child with a participation trophy and gives A's for effort.

The reason why is because Vanderbilt football players aren't good enough to qualify on the football-side of the Academic All Americans.

A ranking of 58th does not equate to "Public Ivy" nor anything remotely resembling Ivy status. Vandy ranks 17th on that list, just behind two ACTUAL Ivy League schools (Cornell and Brown @ 15. No school ranked 16th).

It's free to attend if you graduate HS in Florida and are competent. It should be. Google search "Bright Futures".

UF's honors program is meaningless (all of my friends that enrolled there did the honors program). Plus, if your school's good enough, you shouldn't have an 'honors' program; instead, they have degrees with honors. There are exceptions to this though.

14. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

I answered questions and responded to the posts of the academic arrogant commie-door.

You don't like what I'm posting, do us both a favor and don't read or respond to what I post.

Attempting to 'tell me' what I can and can't do is a waste of your time and mine.

I will always take direction from a board Mod, but you can go take a flying leap bubba.... :metal:

15. VanderbiltJets

Logical fallacy. You need to view this stat as per capita to matter.

16. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

To be an SEC Academic All American, you only have to be ON A TEAM.
    You don't have to also be an Athletic AA.

"It's free to attend if you graduate HS in Florida and are competent. It should be."

Sorry, but you're WRONG yet again. If you have a high enough GPA in HS, you can qualify for the Lotto scholarship $$ to help you, but it doesn't play for everything and it's certainly NOT FREE.

"UF's honors program is meaningless"

Oh, I see now, I thought that you were just ignorant, but now you've proven to actually be STU-PID instead.
    (To be invited to apply to the program, freshmen must have a weighted GPA of at least 4.0 and an SAT score of 2070 out of 2400 or an ACT score of 33. In 2011, more than 1900 students applied for 700 available seats.)

All of your friends had 2070 SAT's or 33 ACT's, and with only 700 seats available and 1900 who applied,(all of my friends that enrolled there did the honors program).

Liar or an idiot, take your pick on this one....

17. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

I used Moll to explain what a Public Ivy was and where the term 'Public Ivy' originated.

I then used: (it's in my post)
    Greenes' Guides: The more recent and expansive Greene's list of Public Ivy schools includes:

Southern Region: University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)

You really need a Reading Comp 101 class, something that your over-rated Vandy education must have missed out on.

And according to the Greenes' Guide that I quoted, UF is a PUBLIC IVY, whether you like it or not.

18. VanderbiltJets

I was wrong about academic AA. Requirements?

Everything else you said was incorrect. Only having to pay for housing and books is free enough compared to 50 a year.

19. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Didn't attempt to tell you that you could or couldn't do anything. Just pointed out you're an embarrassment to your University.

Guessing that's not the first time you've heard that, though.

20. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

UF admitted 1,179 International Baccalaureate students for the Fall 2009 academic year - more than any other university in the Nation.

Logical fallacy. You need to view this stat as per capita to matter.

Clear thinking unavailable, you must have meant for it to matter to tiny arrogant private schools.

Since UF is only the 6th largest school in the nation, having the 'most' of anything does in fact matter.

#300 instaGATOR, Apr 1, 2012